✟89,718.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How is my conscience unrealistic?

Sexual exuberance in a woman is a wonderful thing and a gift from our Creator, yet your conscience may have had you let an ideal partner go for it.

Read Song of Solomon; it seems that there were sexual connections before the actual marriage. I do not advise this proscriptively, but when it happens, some of us believers think it's the end of the world. As long as the connection was not coerced, it's not. It happens to highly compatible people.

One of my favorite sayings (as someone who was not permitted to go to dances when living in my parents' house):

"We don't believe in premarital sex because it might lead to dancing!!"

The saying just helps remind me to look at the essence of the problem without letting my preconceived legalisms interfere with the decision making process.

Upvote 0

Curiousmind

Nov 17, 2023
Suriname
✟11,783.00
Country
Suriname
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
We was only together for a total of 8 months

She was mainly performing oral acts on me.

She knew i was struggling with lust and she would ask can she send me nude pictures
So I shouldnt be jealous but I am, how can I be jealous of your sin ? Secretly hoping I get to enjoy this some day, yes I shouldnt think like this. But something is wrong with her faith, why would she send u nudes as a christian female ?

Upvote 0

Endeavourer

Aug 30, 2017
Cloud 9
✟89,718.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So I shouldnt be jealous but I am, how can I be jealous of your sin ? Secretly hoping I get to enjoy this some day, yes I shouldnt think like this. But something is wrong with her faith, why would she send u nudes as a christian female ?

That likely wasn't just out of left field. It was likely because they had already engaged in sexual contact together.

Why did he engage in contact if he is a Christian male? Why would you say something is wrong with her faith but not his?

I think it's possible that nothing is wrong with EITHER of their faiths - they just put themselves in a situation where they were alone and temptation was more than they could bear. It is my recommendation to date in public places and never be in each other's homes alone, just to avoid this, but today's generation doesn't engage in the cultural practices like this of yesteryear.

But that was then, this is now, when I don't see that even considered by young people anymore. What do you think is going to happen???

Upvote 0

Endeavourer

Aug 30, 2017
Cloud 9
✟89,718.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So I shouldnt be jealous but I am, how can I be jealous of your sin ? Secretly hoping I get to enjoy this some day,

Thank you for making the point that I have been trying to make to @QuestionQuest74 for all these posts now.

I truly hope you do get to have a marriage in the way he described his relationship with this young woman as well.

God bless,
E.

Edited to add: PS: except for the nudes part..... I'd hate for any woman to have those pictures stolen and published. My old fashioned policy that has served me well is to never have digital pictures that you wouldn't want on the front pages because they can easily be hacked.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

QuestionQuest74

Oct 12, 2023
Fort Lauderdale
✟23,287.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Don’t be she wasn’t that attractive honestly.
Hope you enjoy it with your wife because what I was doing was going to leave me separated by God.
She just asked God for prosperity prayers

Upvote 0

Christopher Range

Oct 5, 2022
Pittsboro
✟21,309.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Others
My 'record' has been:

1)Married a baptized woman with a Christian upbringing who didn't take 'in sickness and in health', seriously. I divorced her, five years after her denial of my (physical)health(and hers) nearly killed me.(1992-2000)

2)Engaged to a mentally-ill Christian woman. She took my (physical)health seriously, but was mentally abusive.(2002-2007)

3)Engaged to mentally-ill woman who took my (physical)health seriously.(2007-2012)

4)Friends w/ mentally-ill Christian woman who unexpectedly died from a form of Heart Disease(2010-2021)

Upvote 0