Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Do i want to risk my entire health by getting a dangerous flu vaccine just to hopefully prevent 1-2 viruses?? No why! I'd rather just build up my immune system and protect against all viruses naturally.
Ok, how do you think your immune system gets "built up"? How does your immune system know who the bad guys are? You don't want it randomly attacking good bacteria or, say, your nerve cells.

Upvote 0

GodbetheGlory

Feb 22, 2010
✟8,728.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Ok, how do you think your immune system gets "built up"? How does your immune system know who the bad guys are? You don't want it randomly attacking good bacteria or, say, your nerve cells.

To keep my answer very simple about the immune system: Good Nutrition (for me also includes a few Asian herbal formulas that work really well for my body), exercises, proper rest, and positive thoughts to name a few.

Yes, I don’t want my immune system to be over sensitive (out of balance) attaching things it shouldn’t. Which is a huge reason I won’t risk getting a flu shot which can contribute to this out of balance.

Upvote 0

rockaction

Jul 15, 2010
✟1,048.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
To keep my answer very simple about the immune system: Good Nutrition (for me also includes a few Asian herbal formulas that work really well for my body), exercises, proper rest, and positive thoughts to name a few.

Yes, I don’t want my immune system to be over sensitive (out of balance) attaching things it shouldn’t. Which is a huge reason I won’t risk getting a flu shot which can contribute to this out of balance.

Yeah, you wouldn't want to throw that balance toward being immune against viruses.

Luckily, we have herd immunity. But if people like you keep reproducing and fail to vaccine your children, that will be shattered. GodbetheGlory, do you believe in giving diptheria, pertussis, and tetanus shots?

Upvote 0

Etsi

Nov 8, 2009
✟9,724.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Since I started college, I've gotten the flu every year that I haven't gotten the vaccine.

GodbetheGlory, can you tell me what vaccines intend to do? I sincerely doubt you that you can. If you don't understand something you have no business opposing it.
And the people in our family and our extended families that get the vaccines are the ones that also come down with the flu EVERY YEAR. My husband got the vaccine one year...that was the year he got the flu. The children and I NEVER get the vaccine...and we have only come down with the flu twice in all my years of marriage.

Upvote 0

Etsi

Nov 8, 2009
✟9,724.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Yeah, you wouldn't want to throw that balance toward being immune against viruses.

Luckily, we have herd immunity. But if people like you keep reproducing and fail to vaccine your children, that will be shattered. GodbetheGlory, do you believe in giving diptheria, pertussis, and tetanus shots?
Do you mean, "fail to vaccinate"?

BTW, some of us cannot vaccinate due to legitimate medical reasons and we have family doctors and peds on our side.

Upvote 0

rockaction

Jul 15, 2010
✟1,048.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
And the people in our family and our extended families that get the vaccines are the ones that also come down with the flu EVERY YEAR. My husband got the vaccine one year...that was the year he got the flu. The children and I NEVER get the vaccine...and we have only come down with the flu twice in all my years of marriage.

So you counter my anecdotes with yours? That's fine. At least I have peer-reviewed reserch on my side. Are you an anti-vaxer too?

BTW, some of us cannot vaccinate due to legitimate medical reasons and we have family doctors and peds on our side.

Sorry about the typo, Ms Nitpick. (Classy move pointing that out, by the way). When anyone complains about people not vaccinating their children, it's not the very few children who can't handle the vaccine.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟12,499.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

If you have legitimate medical reasons, it's probably extra important that the children around your child be vaccinated - because if the vaccine can't be tolerated, the disease would really be dangerous.

This goes for old people as well - vaccines don't work as well on them, so they also need to limit their exposure to the wild virus and one important way that's accomplished is by mass vaccinations (for people who can tolerate it).

Upvote 0

GodbetheGlory

Feb 22, 2010
✟8,728.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
So you counter my anecdotes with yours? That's fine. At least I have peer-reviewed reserch on my side. Are you an anti-vaxer too?

Actually, studies show flu vaccines to not be helpful. Plus they're Dangerous!

Vaccines for preventing influenza in healthy adults

Getting the flu vaccine increases your chance of going to the hospital:
New Medical Studies: Taking The Seasonal Flu Vaccine Significantly Increases Your Chance Of Getting The H1N1 Swine Flu

Flu Vaccine Associated With Slight Increase In Risk Of Hospitalization For Neurological Disorder

This is a good one because the guy is basically "calling out" people who are brainwashed by the drug companies:
Evidence-based vaccinations: A scientific look at the missing science behind flu season vaccines

Upvote 0

GodbetheGlory

Feb 22, 2010
✟8,728.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
If you have legitimate medical reasons, it's probably extra important that the children around your child be vaccinated - because if the vaccine can't be tolerated, the disease would really be dangerous.

This goes for old people as well - vaccines don't work as well on them, so they also need to limit their exposure to the wild virus and one important way that's accomplished is by mass vaccinations (for people who can tolerate it).

What you're saying is not true since history of the vaccine era shows us that most outbreaks occur in highly vaccinated areas.

A person is better off improving their health through nutrition and exercise.

Upvote 0

rockaction

Jul 15, 2010
✟1,048.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Actually, studies show flu vaccines to not be helpful. Plus they're Dangerous!

Vaccines for preventing influenza in healthy adults

Getting the flu vaccine increases your chance of going to the hospital:
New Medical Studies: Taking The Seasonal Flu Vaccine Significantly Increases Your Chance Of Getting The H1N1 Swine Flu

Flu Vaccine Associated With Slight Increase In Risk Of Hospitalization For Neurological Disorder

This is a good one because the guy is basically "calling out" people who are brainwashed by the drug companies:
Evidence-based vaccinations: A scientific look at the missing science behind flu season vaccines

News reports and quack websites? That's the best you got? You might as well be posting links to the Onion. The quack websites are clearly biased and the news reports are sensationalist coverages over admittedly preliminary and incomplete information. Ridiculously unimpressive.

You clearly don't understand the science behind vaccines and the immune system, and you clearly are swayed by whatever phony evidence you can find to support your anti-science views. You are not worth responding to, because you, like your Creationist brethren, are simply impervious to reason!

Upvote 0

rockaction

Jul 15, 2010
✟1,048.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
What you're saying is not true since history of the vaccine era shows us that most outbreaks occur in highly vaccinated areas.

A person is better off improving their health through nutrition and exercise.

It's easy for people who didn't live in the era of polio, pertussis, and smallpox to say such ridiculous things. The recent pertussis outbreak in California is a wake-up call to not let the anti-vaxers get their way. What would you tell the parents of a child with pertussis? Give the kid some asparagus and make him run a couple miles?

The vaccine is the way to go. Your ignorance may lead to suffering if you are ever in a position of caring for a child.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

GodbetheGlory

Feb 22, 2010
✟8,728.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Looks like Big Pharm once again bribed a politician into doing Forced Flu Vaccines for Health Care workers:
State senator Tom Duane to reintroduce mandatory flu vaccinations for healthcare workers

They did this last year and it was pointless, except for making the drug companies a ton of money.
Politicians, being that many are corrupt and dishonest, should not have the right to tell people to take a drug (which is basically what vaccines are) simply because they profit from this.
If i was a health care worker i'd fight this considering this vaccine is
Unnecessary and Dangerous!

Upvote 0

rockaction

Jul 15, 2010
✟1,048.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Looks like Big Pharm once again bribed a politician into doing Forced Flu Vaccines for Health Care workers:
State senator Tom Duane to reintroduce mandatory flu vaccinations for healthcare workers

They did this last year and it was pointless, except for making the drug companies a ton of money.
Politicians, being that many are corrupt and dishonest, should not have the right to tell people to take a drug (which is basically what vaccines are) simply because they profit from this.
If i was a health care worker i'd fight this considering this vaccine is
Unnecessary and Dangerous!

You don't understand what vaccines do. You don't understand their importance. Health care workers need to be vaccinated for influenza so that they do not get sick during flu season and do not pass on the virus to people with weak immune systems in the hospitals (effectively adding to Duckybill's Medicine Death Count).

This is a public health issue, not a political one. You simply have no idea what you are talking about.

Upvote 0

GodbetheGlory

Feb 22, 2010
✟8,728.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You don't understand what vaccines do. You don't understand their importance. Health care workers need to be vaccinated for influenza so that they do not get sick during flu season and do not pass on the virus to people with weak immune systems in the hospitals (effectively adding to Duckybill's Medicine Death Count).

This is a public health issue, not a political one. You simply have no idea what you are talking about.

You should learn from history.
In 1979 they pushed this dangerous and worthless swine flu vaccine and more people died from the vaccine then the virus. Then again in 2009. Now its 2010.
Fool me one shame on you. Fool me twice shame on me. What would being fooled 3x be?

BTW: Theirs no evidence people who get the vaccine are better off. But there is evidence the vaccine has bad side effects.
And guess what…People who get the flu vaccine still get the flu.
The best way to prevent it is to keep ones immune system strong and stay home if they get sick.

Upvote 0

Etsi

Nov 8, 2009
✟9,724.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married

Wrong. The issue isn't the disease in the vaccine, it's the other ingredients in the vaccine. My child could not take the CP vaccine, but did just fine with having CP. Measles and Pertussis in a vaccine are not the problem. She's safer facing those under natural conditions instead of shooting her up with a combination of both those items and the items that nearly killed her.

Upvote 0

rockaction

Jul 15, 2010
✟1,048.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
You should learn from history.
In 1979 they pushed this dangerous and worthless swine flu vaccine and more people died from the vaccine then the virus. Then again in 2009. Now its 2010.
Fool me one shame on you. Fool me twice shame on me. What would being fooled 3x be?

BTW: Theirs no evidence people who get the vaccine are better off. But there is evidence the vaccine has bad side effects.
And guess what…People who get the flu vaccine still get the flu.
The best way to prevent it is to keep ones immune system strong and stay home if they get sick.

Pure lies. It just goes to show that no matter what the facts are, all you have to do is pretend they don't exist and shout ignorance at the top of your lungs. All you have to do is enter 'influenza vaccine' into PubMed and you'll receive a wealth of transparent knowledge on the efficacy and short-comings of the vaccine.

Tell me, with your expertise in immunology, the following:

A) What does the influenza vaccine try to do?
B) What is the structure of influenza and what does the vaccine target?
C) What inherent properties of influenza make it so that targeting a vaccine is difficult?
D) Is influenza a leading cause of morbidity in children and the elderly?

Wrong. The issue isn't the disease in the vaccine, it's the other ingredients in the vaccine. My child could not take the CP vaccine, but did just fine with having CP. Measles and Pertussis in a vaccine are not the problem. She's safer facing those under natural conditions instead of shooting her up with a combination of both those items and the items that nearly killed her.

I'm confused as to what you're trying to say here. Do you believe that getting Pertussis or Measles is safer than vaccine preservatives?

Upvote 0