Pottsville, NSW, Australia
✟10,841.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
AU-Greens
Nothing then. OK. No news there. I expect that of you.

That's not what he said, in fact it is the direct opposite...

Nice lying......you do it so well, just like a polished professional...

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I am simply pointing out how that is false....the belief in demons and witches and 'bad air' causing disease was as recent as a century or two ago, well after your claimed 'past state' had ended....

There are still spirits. This is news?
And it was the fresh breeze of scientific enquiry which has blown all that polluted thinking away...!

Fresh breezes, aside, no science even addresses spirits. Pretty lame. Here is some of those fresh breezes due to science though..

"Seven million people died as a result of air pollution in 2012, the World Health Organization estimates..."

BBC News - Air pollution linked to seven million deaths globally

It ain't good spirits that inspired science.

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

The false allusions to substance are not important. What I pointed out was important...that it was absolute hogwash.

Upvote 0

biggles53

Mar 5, 2008
✟10,841.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
AU-Greens
There are still spirits. This is news?

No, not for the superstitious, I'm sure.... But there is now also a germ theory for disease....one that doesn't rely upon prayer and driving demons out of the body....and, to your constant consternation...it works just fine...!

Fresh breezes, aside, no science even addresses spirits. Pretty lame. Here is some of those fresh breezes due to science though..

"Seven million people died as a result of air pollution in 2012, the World Health Organization estimates..."

BBC News - Air pollution linked to seven million deaths globally

It ain't good spirits that inspired science.

Please explain how science caused that pollution or those deaths...?

Oh....you can't? You were just tossing in some red fish...? I wonder why....

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
No, not for the superstitious, I'm sure..
Nope. You may not wave off all demons as superstition. That is ignorance. How would you know? Funny how people who try to wave off spirits often try to claim the universe came from a teensy hot soup! I would think such utterances are proof there are demons!

.. But there is now also a germ theory for disease..
Yeah, which has nothing to do with anything but the present nature and laws...whoopee do.

Do you realize they claim that all that is the universe was once so small, it was smaller than a germ!!!!?

one that doesn't rely upon prayer and driving demons out of the body....and, to your constant consternation...it works just fine...!
I would not even reccomend anyone try to cast out that which people embrace with all their heart and soul actually. Let em have the demons.

Please explain how science caused that pollution or those deaths...?
Well, do you think the air got polluted by people passing gas? No. It is industry and various things that science gave us.

Upvote 0

biggles53

Mar 5, 2008
✟10,841.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
AU-Greens
Nope. You may not wave off all demons as superstition. That is ignorance. How would you know? Funny how people who try to wave off spirits often try to claim the universe came from a teensy hot soup! I would think such utterances are proof there are demons!

Just that little nagging thing called EVIDENCE.....and you got none...!

Yeah, which has nothing to do with anything but the present nature and laws...whoopee do.

Yawn......

Do you realize they claim that all that is the universe was once so small, it was smaller than a germ!!!!?

No...much smaller...educate yourself....

Well, do you think the air got polluted by people passing gas? No. It is industry and various things that science gave us.

Science gave us knowledge, nothing more.....what we CHOOSE to DO with that knowledge is not part of the science itself...

Knowledge showed us how to smelt metals.....whether we chose to fashion that metal into spears or plough blades was immaterial to the knowledge having been obtained...

Incidentally, how were the stats for those pollution deaths obtained...?

And what will be the key ingredient in working out how to overcome them in the future...?

Oh yes....that would be scientific research wouldn't it.....!?

Upvote 0

Seipai

Jan 20, 2014
✟1,266.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
I get tired of hypocrites that are using the latest technology slamming science.

dad, you could not post to the internet without science. You would probably be dead right now without science. And don't attack science for pollution.

Science and technology is what enables us to end pollution. The more advanced a country is the less pollution it makes. As countries make the change from third world countries to first world they also clean up the pollution that they had been making.

I have yet to see a creationist that is willing to give up all of the advantages that the science that they disagree with has given them.

Upvote 0

PsychoSarah

Chaotic Neutral
Jan 13, 2014
✟95,463.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship

I know, on another thread I told him to ask me if he wanted the information, but all he did was call it garbage without asking for it or looking at it, and eventually ignored it. I am frankly insulted, how dare he judge information he didn't even bother to learn.

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I know, on another thread I told him to ask me if he wanted the information, but all he did was call it garbage without asking for it or looking at it, and eventually ignored it. I am frankly insulted, how dare he judge information he didn't even bother to learn.
If you had something other than old age evo nonsense you would have posted it frankly.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I get tired of hypocrites that are using the latest technology slamming science.
Tough. No technology you have applies to Noah's day does it? Focus.
dad, you could not post to the internet without science.

You couldn't flush a toilet pre flood..so? What does fishbowl knowledge have to do with anything outside of this nature?
Science and technology is what enables us to end pollution.
By killing several million a year with it?
The more advanced a country is the less pollution it makes. As countries make the change from third world countries to first world they also clean up the pollution that they had been making.

The more advanced they are the more babies they kill, and etc. Do not try to sell me on the salvation of man by science. Really. It is part of the problem.

I have yet to see a creationist that is willing to give up all of the advantages that the science that they disagree with has given them.
Science has nothing to do with creation. Be honest.

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Just that little nagging thing called EVIDENCE.....and you got none...!
For what? The nature of the past? Science has none I have it all!
No...much smaller...educate yourself....
Ha. Actually at some point it supposedly got bigger, so it was germ size at some point! Foolish fable.

Science gave us knowledge, nothing more.....what we CHOOSE to DO with that knowledge is not part of the science itself...
Science gave us nothing. We call some knowledge science, and we call a godless belief system science also.
Knowledge showed us how to smelt metals..
False. We did that almost since Eden.

...whether we chose to fashion that metal into spears or plough blades was immaterial to the knowledge having been obtained...
Stop dreaming.
Incidentally, how were the stats for those pollution deaths obtained...?
It was BBC, they probably made it up:)

And what will be the key ingredient in working out how to overcome them in the future...?
Forget it. Sin will not be overcome by man ever.

Upvote 0

PsychoSarah

Chaotic Neutral
Jan 13, 2014
✟95,463.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
If you had something other than old age evo nonsense you would have posted it frankly.

I don't go out of my way to post stuff for people who don't ask for it, so ask for the evidence, or concede you don't want it, but don't claim it doesn't exist just because you haven't seen it, because then what logic is there for your belief in god, which you also have not directly seen.

Upvote 0

Seipai

Jan 20, 2014
✟1,266.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Tough. No technology you have applies to Noah's day does it? Focus.

You couldn't flush a toilet pre flood..so? What does fishbowl knowledge have to do with anything outside of this nature?
By killing several million a year with it?

The more advanced they are the more babies they kill, and etc. Do not try to sell me on the salvation of man by science. Really. It is part of the problem.

Science has nothing to do with creation. Be honest.

Dad, the Ark story is a myth and most Christians know and accept that. And I will not debate insane, unsupported ideas that are neither Biblical nor scientific. Merely making the claim, if my beliefs are not right then the Bible is wrong is not a valid argument. And scientists do not "kill babies". Not one. I have never heard of them even endorsing it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I don't go out of my way to post stuff for people who don't ask for it, so ask for the evidence, or concede you don't want it, but don't claim it doesn't exist just because you haven't seen it, because then what logic is there for your belief in god, which you also have not directly seen.
My, aren't we sensitive?

I have seen people post how likely it is we could have come from pond scum, or some comet, or etc. I have seen them point to something evolving now, like bacteria, and trying to imagine how people could have come that way...etc..

I doubt you have anything more. Very much. If you think you do, let's see it, forget the song and dance. It isn't personal, I just know the fables of science.

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Please shut down your pc and go live in a cave.

Also, never visit a doctor ever again.
Please remember real science was largely brought to us bt believers. I find it cowardly and disgusting if people try to pretend that the baseless godless nonsense of so called science is somehow related to actual knowledge. No. Not in any way at all...ever.

Upvote 0

Seipai

Jan 20, 2014
✟1,266.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Please remember real science was largely brought to us bt believers. I find it cowardly and disgusting if people try to pretend that the baseless godless nonsense of so called science is somehow related to actual knowledge. No. Not in any way at all...ever.

dad, the neat thing about science is that it does not care about religion. It works the same for Christians, Muslims and Buddhists. If your ideas are scientifically correct you should be able to demonstrate that scientifically. I don't believe that God is schizophrenic. Your God seems to be so.

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Dad, the Ark story is a myth and most Christians know and accept that.
Not ones who believe Jesus.

And I will not debate insane, unsupported ideas that are neither Biblical nor scientific.
Me either.

Merely making the claim, if my beliefs are not right then the Bible is wrong is not a valid argument.
One should trust God above man actually.

And scientists do not "kill babies".
Yes, they sure do provide the medical tools for that. Untold hundreds of millions of murders. They are blood guilty.
Not one. I have never heard of them even endorsing it.
Too bad, maybe they do not endorse the millions dead from pollution and WOMD and etc either. It all comes with the territory. They will wear it.

If you want some charade and to justify evil, try someone else.

Upvote 0