Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Oh I see.......your looney claim has now morphed....not only was there a different set of physical rules in the past, but now you also claim that it's a different set of rules 'over there'....!

Do you have any idea how silly you sound....?
I could not care less how silly dismissing the foolishness of so called science belief based insanity seems to you. The fact is that you do not know, and based on the belied based crazy 'conclusions' science reached, yes, I can say with authority they are wrong.

Upvote 0

biggles53

Mar 5, 2008
Pottsville, NSW, Australia
✟10,841.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
AU-Greens
As demonstrated, the beliefs are used to form a conclusion actually. They believe space and time is a certain way, therefore they assume certain distances and events, and etc etc etc. Then they conclude more insanity based on the pile of beliefs.

And the amazing thing is.........it works......!!

Upvote 0

biggles53

Mar 5, 2008
✟10,841.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
AU-Greens
I could not care less how silly dismissing the foolishness of so called science belief based insanity seems to you. The fact is that you do not know, and based on the belied based crazy 'conclusions' science reached, yes, I can say with authority they are wrong.

What authority....!??

I could just as easily claim, as Russell does, that a tiny teapot is orbiting outside the path of Mars......following your warped thought processes, because you can't prove otherwise, the teapot must exist...!

How long will it take...? He who makes the claim must provide the evidence....! YOU claim your idiotic notion of 'past state' (and now, apparently, 'distant state'), so it's up to YOU to provide your evidence.....

Roll it out any time you like....

Upvote 0

Loudmouth

Contributor
Aug 26, 2003
Visit site
✟98,005.00
Faith
Agnostic
If time doesn't exist as it does in our solar system, years are a bogus concept! You do not know that time does exist as in our spacetime here far far away. You be hooped.

We do know, since we can watch time pass throughout the universe just like it does on Earth.

Upvote 0

biggles53

Mar 5, 2008
✟10,841.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
AU-Greens
How would using our laws NOT work? The issue is whether they used to work.

No...it's not an issue at all...!

We can cure sick kids, right now, by using medicines that science has developed through the scientific method. Just 200 years ago, the 'method' was to exorcise demons....and, surprise, surprise, while they used to die in droves in the past, using the 'wrong' methods of science we now manage to cure most of them....

Gee, I wonder why that should be......:doh:

Upvote 0

biggles53

Mar 5, 2008
✟10,841.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
AU-Greens
We do know, since we can watch time pass throughout the universe just like it does on Earth.

Yes, those pesky space telescopes have made whacko claims like dad's just a little harder to sell, haven't they...?

But then, that technology was developed using 'wrong' science, wasn't it....so it probably doesn't work.....

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Why do you waste your time? You know there is going to be no end to his gibberish.

But that's how you defeat him -- by letting him blather himself into a corner.

Check the link in my sig -- he couldn't do simple geometry without spouting gibberish.

Upvote 0

biggles53

Mar 5, 2008
✟10,841.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
AU-Greens

Check the link in my sig -- he couldn't do simple geometry without spouting gibberish.

Yes, it was the same when I used a simple demonstration of trigonometry to show why his ideas were bogus...

Apparently, in dad's mind at least, there is a 'time' element to be taken into account when measuring the 3 sides of a triangle...!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Yes, it was the same when I used a simple demonstration of trigonometry to show why his ideas were bogus...

Apparently, in dad's mind at least, there is a 'time' element to be taken into account when measuring the 3 sides of a triangle...!

Now, if only he could explain it without imploding...

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
What authority....!??

I could just as easily claim, as Russell does, that a tiny teapot is orbiting outside the path of Mars......following your warped thought processes, because you can't prove otherwise, the teapot must exist...!

How long will it take...? He who makes the claim must provide the evidence....! YOU claim your idiotic notion of 'past state' (and now, apparently, 'distant state'), so it's up to YOU to provide your evidence.....

Roll it out any time you like....

Who cares what you claim? The issue in a science forum is what you know. If all you want to do is retreat and whine about the fact that there are also other beliefs...it's over.

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
No...it's not an issue at all...!

We can cure sick kids, right now, by using medicines that science has developed through the scientific method.

You can also kill them using the same. So? This has what to do with Noah's day, or the future???
Just 200 years ago, the 'method' was to exorcise demons....and, surprise, surprise, while they used to die in droves in the past, using the 'wrong' methods of science we now manage to cure most of them....

Why invoke demons?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

One cannot make a base line that is time based, and pretend it is just distance. How foolish.

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Of course time is involved in spacetime. Where did you think the base line to measure the distance came from, a time free twilight zone??! You must deal in reality, especially when we also have time involved in the months between measurements for a parallax measurement in some cases!

Upvote 0

biggles53

Mar 5, 2008
✟10,841.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
AU-Greens
You can also kill them using the same. So? This has what to do with Noah's day, or the future???

Why invoke demons?

Because, when I have raised the subject before, you have blathered on in your inimitable incoherent fashion about such things belonging to your 'past state' fantasy...

I am simply pointing out how that is false....the belief in demons and witches and 'bad air' causing disease was as recent as a century or two ago, well after your claimed 'past state' had ended....

And it was the fresh breeze of scientific enquiry which has blown all that polluted thinking away...!

Upvote 0

biggles53

Mar 5, 2008
✟10,841.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
AU-Greens
Of course time is involved in spacetime. Where did you think the base line to measure the distance came from, a time free twilight zone??! You must deal in reality, especially when we also have time involved in the months between measurements for a parallax measurement in some cases!

BZZZZTTT.....! Thanks for playing.....you can collect your lemon at the door...!

With the development of technology like the Hubble telescope, we can now take instantaneous bearing measurements to a distant star....one measurement from a point on the earth's surface, one from the telescope....

It's called TRIANGULATION...! Hate to break it to you, but my grade 9 students can do it with ease...!

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
One cannot make a base line that is time based, and pretend it is just distance. How foolish.

Thank you, dad, but you've already provided a demonstration.

Upvote 0