Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Unsubstantiated fiction. If you need to change reality to fit your a priori religious beliefs, the error is with your beliefs, not with reality.
Not true. Science really does base things on present nature and laws. Hoo Ha

Upvote 0

PsychoSarah

Chaotic Neutral
Jan 13, 2014
✟95,463.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Not true. Science really does base things on present nature and laws. Hoo Ha

And you base your views on... Nothing, because even you will admit you can't possibly hope to even find one speck of real world evidence for your views.

Upvote 0

lesliedellow

Sep 20, 2010
United Kingdom
Visit site
✟104,175.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Any comment on my youtube video?

So you are quite happy for the fundamental forces to have been different in the past, even though they famously have to be "fine tuned" for us, and in fact the universe as we know it, to be here at all!

Upvote 0

PsychoSarah

Chaotic Neutral
Jan 13, 2014
✟95,463.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
To you God and Scripture may be nothing.

Your scripture doesn't even really support your views, and I don't necessarily view it as nothing. The fact that people based their beliefs on something, even if it is a 2,000 year old book written in a time when most people weren't literate, is still more legitimate to me than someone strait up pulling a theory out of thin air, though that might be giving your views more substance than they deserve.

Reactions: Split Rock
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

PsychoSarah

Chaotic Neutral
Jan 13, 2014
✟95,463.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Eh, pass

Honestly, it's not even you. I'm always weird about seeing people I only know from boards on Youtube. Just feels weird seeing the person behind the post. I guess I kind of like a level of detachment.

Don't want to see our faces do you :p ?

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
So you are quite happy for the fundamental forces to have been different in the past, even though they famously have to be "fine tuned" for us, and in fact the universe as we know it, to be here at all!

The problem for you is that the only way you tune anything at all ever is to tune into the present! Round and round you go.

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Your scripture doesn't even really support your views, and I don't necessarily view it as nothing.
Yes, scripture supports creation and a flood as did Jesus. It speaks of many things in the past and future that require more than current nature! Obviously.

That is how it is.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
How do you know, if the laws of physics could change then, why not now, why not every day?
Because of the events recorded. If for example all animals were on that ark, and were released, we need to get them all over the planet and evolved into many species real fast.

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
That, doesn't answer my question.
It does actually as far as the bible goes. So many things happened that it indicates there had to be more at work than present physics. The rapid separation of continents for another example....that takes more than our laws to not cook all life on earth...no?

Upvote 0

PsychoSarah

Chaotic Neutral
Jan 13, 2014
✟95,463.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
It does actually as far as the bible goes. So many things happened that it indicates there had to be more at work than present physics. The rapid separation of continents for another example....that takes more than our laws to not cook all life on earth...no?

It doesn't mean that the laws of physics couldn't change all the time, if they change once, why not more?

Upvote 0