Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Yes. First by egyptian polytheists.
Then greek polytheists.
Then roman polytheists.
Then greeks again.
Then Muslims (who actually contributed major things in very short time, like algebra etc).
Then, after europeans finnally started to crawl out of the church-dominated dark ages, by western christians.

Today, science has the highest population of atheist.

Not that it matters what people believe off course.

Great, so all the things that are really belief based that you want to lump in as science are nixed. Thanks for that.

I find it cowardly and disgusting that people live in denial.
Excellent, long as you admit that the so called science belief system is what it is, and do not dare deny it, or deny a God you cannot disprove, we can let you slide by with that. No problem.
Do you even realise how much science your PC is based on?
Tell us exactly how the first lifeform or the bib bang made our computer? Earth calling Dogmahunter....come in..check..check..reality check check.
One of them is atomic theory. The same theory that informs us that the world is 4.6 billion years old.

Atoms work a certain way in our world and spacetime. We can work with that. No relation whatsoever in the remotest way to any dream past universe you invented based on a belief that this present state represents the future or far past of course. You will need to deal with that.

Upvote 0

Split Rock

Conflation of Blathers
Nov 3, 2003
North Dakota
✟22,466.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Please shut down your pc and go live in a cave.

Also, never visit a doctor ever again.
I've been trying to get dad to go find a cave to live in away from Godless science and the technology it led to, for a long time now. So far he hasn't been able to find the courage to match his convictions. Also, I suspect he wouldn't be able to stand not pushing himself and his bloated ego on the rest of us.

Please remember real science was largely brought to us bt believers. I find it cowardly and disgusting if people try to pretend that the baseless godless nonsense of so called science is somehow related to actual knowledge. No. Not in any way at all...ever.
I find it cowardly and disgusting that you cannot accept the reality that "baseless godless nonsense of so called science" is responsible for the computer you are using now. All you can do is close your eyes, make up lies and scream "Godless so-called science is evilness!!!! Jesus told me so!!"

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I've been trying to get dad to go find a cave to live in away from Godless science and the technology it led to, for a long time now. So far he hasn't been able to find the courage to match his convictions. Also, I suspect he wouldn't be able to stand not pushing himself and his bloated ego on the rest of us.
Those who disagree with you should live in a cave. Clever.
I find it cowardly and disgusting that you cannot accept the reality that "baseless godless nonsense of so called science" is responsible for the computer you are using now.

My computer was not here in creation week, or in the flood, and did not travel to the future. Focus.

What is your real problem?

Upvote 0

Split Rock

Conflation of Blathers
Nov 3, 2003
North Dakota
✟22,466.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Those who disagree with you should live in a cave. Clever.
Nice straw man. I never said that. Those who claim science is evil should go live in a cave so as to stay far away from it.

My computer was not here in creation week, or in the flood, and did not travel to the future. Focus.
Irrelevant to my point. My point is that your computer is the result of the application of what you call "baseless godless nonsense." You should therefore:
A. Not use it.
B. Explain how your computer ever even came to exist.

What is your real problem?
Dadology.

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Nice straw man. I never said that. Those who claim science is evil should go live in a cave so as to stay far away from it.
So those that disagree with your holding man's knowledge on a pedestal can live in a cave. Weird. Doesn't seem normal.

Irrelevant to my point. My point is that your computer is the result of the application of what you call "baseless godless nonsense." You should therefore:
A. Not use it.

No. A computer is not the result of any same state past so called science whatsoever. Period. Your cheap attempt to ride the coat tails of actual knowledge is noted.

Upvote 0

morse86

Aug 2, 2014
✟60,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
When Split Rock said "godless science"...he actually meant pseudo science. The bible says we can see God's handywork just by observing and empirical science. The bible warns against "falsely so called science"...that means there are 2 types of science (one is truth and one is lie).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
When Split Rock said "godless science"...he actually meant pseudo science. The bible says we can see God's handywork just by observing and empirical science.
No, it said nothing of the sort actually. Gong!

It did say that the heavens declare the glory of God (rather than say He never created it). The bible did say the invisible things of God are clearly seen, but that does not mean godless science.

Ro 1:20 - For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:
Notice it affirms creation in that verse to preclude any interpretation that the things seen it talks about could oppose creation!!? (like science does)

Here is one of those things seen...Jesus!!

Col 1:15 -Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:

In talking about Jesus, it says this..

Col 1:16 -For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

Anyone looking at a part of creation and seeing anything else is not seeing right!!
The bible warns against "falsely so called science"...that means there are 2 types of science (one is truth and one is lie).
OK. I take it you agree then, that godless science is filthy dreaming?

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I think you misunderstood me. I was simply saying there is a science and a falsely so called science. We both know evolution is a falsely so called science.
Oh, good. That is very right.

I have heard some christians claim that when science 'sees' the universe, that is seeing how God really is (in other words they claim God did not really create it all because it appears to them that what they see says something else). This is what you seemed to be saying when you said this

"The bible says we can see God's handywork just by observing and empirical science."

But you cleared that up. Cheers. Gong revoked:)

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
A. Not use it.

I have been reading these posts for a few weeks now, without comment. But I just thought that this comment, by Split Rock, was intriguing.

"explain how the computer came to exist" That statement is ironic since I have not yet seen any logical, scientific, intelligent, acceptable explanation as to how the DNA molecule of even the simplest organism came to exist.

DNA is far more complex than any computer and it is necessary for the simplest enzyme which is necessary for the simplest protein which is necessary for any cell which is necessary for complex organs and body parts such as the eye.

So, people here state things like "explain how the computer came to exist" when they cannot explain how the infinitely more complex DNA came to exist that in the end had the intelligence to develop computers.

Have you noticed that intelligence has not changed in any animal, species or, even, man. All animals and man have the same capacity for understanding today as they did 100, 200 or 1000 years ago.

Yet, a monkey still lives in a tree and eats fruit it forges for. A bird still builds the same nest it did in the time or Socrates. Squirrels still bury nuts and dig them up later... Man, on the other hand, we fly machines through the air faster than the speed of sound, send moving pictures in real time to any place on the globe or, in fact, to celestial bodies, take out a human heart and put in a new one without killing the human......

But you ask to explain how the computer came to exist.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Do you think magic will give you a better insight into how the DNA molecule of even the simplest organism came to exist?
or should we stick to the scientific method as a way of finding out?
It is already known how life came to exist. The quest of science is to cast doubt on it, and invent other dark magic causes for life.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Split Rock

Conflation of Blathers
Nov 3, 2003
North Dakota
✟22,466.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
So those that disagree with your holding man's knowledge on a pedestal can live in a cave. Weird. Doesn't seem normal.
Why do you continue to misrepresent what I am posting? Do you think you are fooling anyone here? Or is this all just for your own consumption and that of your bloated Neptune-sized ego?

No. A computer is not the result of any same state past so called science whatsoever. Period. Your cheap attempt to ride the coat tails of actual knowledge is noted.
Your cheap attempt to obfuscate and deflect is noted.

Upvote 0

Split Rock

Conflation of Blathers
Nov 3, 2003
North Dakota
✟22,466.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
When Split Rock said "godless science"...he actually meant pseudo science. The bible says we can see God's handywork just by observing and empirical science. The bible warns against "falsely so called science"...that means there are 2 types of science (one is truth and one is lie).

And which one are you defending here?

Upvote 0

Dizredux

Dec 20, 2013
✟10,521.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Have you noticed that intelligence has not changed in any animal, species or, even, man. All animals and man have the same capacity for understanding today as they did 100, 200 or 1000 years ago.

Interesting but how did you come to this conclusion? Do you expect to have a major shift in intelligence in this short of time?

Dizredux

Upvote 0

Split Rock

Conflation of Blathers
Nov 3, 2003
North Dakota
✟22,466.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I have been reading these posts for a few weeks now, without comment. But I just thought that this comment, by Split Rock, was intriguing.

"explain how the computer came to exist" That statement is ironic since I have not yet seen any logical, scientific, intelligent, acceptable explanation as to how the DNA molecule of even the simplest organism came to exist.

DNA is far more complex than any computer and it is necessary for the simplest enzyme which is necessary for the simplest protein which is necessary for any cell which is necessary for complex organs and body parts such as the eye.

So, people here state things like "explain how the computer came to exist" when they cannot explain how the infinitely more complex DNA came to exist that in the end had the intelligence to develop computers.

Yet, a monkey still lives in a tree and eats fruit it forges for. A bird still builds the same nest it did in the time or Socrates. Squirrels still bury nuts and dig them up later... Man, on the other hand, we fly machines through the air faster than the speed of sound, send moving pictures in real time to any place on the globe or, in fact, to celestial bodies, take out a human heart and put in a new one without killing the human......

But you ask to explain how the computer came to exist.

You seem to be missing my point. That is that dad reviles science here, while utilizing the application of that same science in the form of the computer he is using to post here.

As far as the rest of your post, a thousand years is a very short period of time in terms of evolution. We are just as smart as we were thousands of years in the past, just as birds and squirrels are. We have the capability to create technology, utilizing our brains and hands, however. Technological progression increases with a geometric formula, which is why we have made such strides in technology.

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Do you think magic will give you a better insight into how the DNA molecule of even the simplest organism came to exist?
or should we stick to the scientific method as a way of finding out?

Who are you? A magician?

Upvote 0