Freodin

Devout believer in a theologically different God
Mar 9, 2002
Germany, Bavaria, Middle Franconia
Visit site
✟242,764.00
Faith
Atheist
That's not true. By your definition pro life would have to advocate for shutting down all jobs, transportation, medical treatments etc. All those things cause people to die and yes it's acceptable. We have to take risks just to survive.
Ah, I always wondered about that.
So that is the reason why there are absolutely no regulations for safety with jobs, transportations or medical treatments.

But what do I know? I am not an American. I can imagine that in the Land of The Free, you just like to take risks.

• Useful
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

Arc F1

Let the righteous man arise from slumber
Site Supporter
Mar 14, 2020
Kentucky
✟146,863.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ah, I always wondered about that.
So that is the reason why there are absolutely no regulations for safety with jobs, transportations or medical treatments.

But what do I know? I am not an American. I can imagine that in the Land of The Free, you just like to take risks.

It's not that we love risks it's that it necessary for survival.

• Agree
Reactions: LostMarbels
Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,831.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
It's not that we love risks it's that it necessary for survival.
Interesting because pretty much every country that has taken precautions has had a much much better outcome with regards to Covid than we have.

Upvote 0

Arc F1

Site Supporter
Mar 14, 2020
Kentucky
✟146,863.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I wouldn’t speak too soon. There’s still chance for reinfection and you might not fare so well next time.

Four times already. Yes it is dangerous but each time the guidelines failed to help me. I have to say though I do have a compromised immune system so that probably had something to do with catching it so easy.

Upvote 0

Arc F1

Site Supporter
Mar 14, 2020
Kentucky
✟146,863.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Interesting because pretty much every country that has taken precautions has had a much much better outcome with regards to Covid than we have.

What country had the best outcome

Upvote 0

Kentonio

Jan 25, 2018
Lyon
✟266,564.00
Country
France
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
You are misrepresenting both me and my words by telling me what I am "basically saying" please tell me what you want to say and stop misrepresenting me by telling me what I am saying. Nothing you have posted above in the least bit changes my position. If you wish to convince me that there is a good reason for the fear mongering you will havew to come up with a better argument based upon factual information rather than speculation on what might happen if people were not made to be so fearful.

I'm not trying to misrepresent you at all. Could you confirm your position, because it appears that you're saying Covid isn't that serious and is being overblown for political purposes? You said people should be 'carefully mindful' of the disease, is that a reasonable position to take towards something that could potentially kill millions?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
A cull of the old and the weak so the fit can thrive seems to be an acceptable Christian response to our situation. Thats what I'm getting from the discussion here.
ouch.

Upvote 0

lasthero

Jul 30, 2013
✟229,457.00
Faith
Seeker
The funny thing: he's right about the "herd immunity". It is extremely unlikely that this mechanism will not kick in and end the current outbreak.

It's what happened to every other pandemic outbreak in human history.

What he doesn't say - maybe he doesn't know, maybe he doesn't want to - is the cost of such a strategy. Such a non-strategy.

The cost in lifes, but also the cost in social and economical hardships.

But whether he does not know or does not want to say... he just doesn't care.
Trump only and exclusively cares about one thing: Trump.
I promise you he does not know what herd immunity means.

• Haha
Reactions: LostMarbels
Upvote 0

renniks

Jun 2, 2008
✟149,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Donald Trump promoting herd mentality:doh:

“It would go away without the vaccine George,” he said speaking to ABC journalist George Stephanopoulos. “With time it goes away. And you’ll develop like a herd mentality. It’s going to be herd developed, and that’s going to happen. That will all happen.”

I think he meant herd immunity, but he repeated herd mentality more than once
Trump Says With ‘A Herd Mentality’ Covid-19 Coronavirus Will Go Away
Yawn.. oh no, he said one word wrong... let's make a news story out of it!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SimplyMe

Senior Veteran
Jul 19, 2003
the Great Basin
✟330,073.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yawn.. oh no, he said one word wrong... let's make a news story out of it!

As was pointed out, it would have been all over right-wing news sites if Biden had said this.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,365.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Four times already. Yes it is dangerous but each time the guidelines failed to help me. I have to say though I do have a compromised immune system so that probably had something to do with catching it so easy.

Didn't we go over that in a previous thread? You had four recurrences of covid-like symptoms and multiple false nasal swabs. That's not re-contracting the disease four separate times.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.