Denver CO
✟203,638.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Trump is correct... once the truth gets out herd mentality will take over as this narrative is crushed.
At the current rate of deaths per known infected, developing herd immunity would cause somewhere between 2,000,000 to 6,000,000 deaths in America. That wouldn't be good policy, but the actual infection rate is unknown, so those numbers are not reliable projections.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
But whether he does not know or does not want to say... he just doesn't care.

Can you prove he doesn't care?

If you cannot do that, don't you think it a little unfair to make such an accusation about him, or anyone for that matter?

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,841.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat

If you cannot do that, don't you think it a little unfair to make such an accusation about him, or anyone for that matter?
It is a reasonable inference to make from his actions and various statements he's made.

• Agree
Reactions: Tom 1
Upvote 0

Tom 1

Optimistic sceptic
Site Supporter
Nov 13, 2017
Tarnaveni
✟818,769.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Can you prove that claim?

See, so far, we just have talk here, and nothing more.

Do you think that a person’s words and actions can’t be said to be an indication of their attitude? Could you give an example to illustrate why you think that?

Upvote 0

Freodin

Devout believer in a theologically different God
Mar 9, 2002
Germany, Bavaria, Middle Franconia
Visit site
✟242,764.00
Faith
Atheist
...a virus, that one is helpless to control...
See, and there is the problem with your approach.

The obvious inability to imagine that there is a position between "Inshallah, there's nothing we can do!" and "AAAARGH! WE ARE ALL GOING TO DIE!!!!"

Upvote 0

Freodin

Devout believer in a theologically different God
Mar 9, 2002
Germany, Bavaria, Middle Franconia
Visit site
✟242,764.00
Faith
Atheist

You are right, I cannot prove that.
Even in the light of his own words, admitting that he knew about the dangers of the virus and still chose to make his false and ignorant statements like "It will disappear with the heat in April"... I cannot prove that he just did not care.

Before that revelation, I tended towards the other line of Hanlon's Razor. And even now it is still an option.

I hope this admission make you happy.

Because this alternative is just so much better.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,261,885.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
Herd mentality is the goal for the President. It seem that's the way the base operates.

I think it was a damning Freudian slip on the part of the president, and reveals just what he thinks about the public at large.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Arc F1

Let the righteous man arise from slumber
Site Supporter
Mar 14, 2020
Kentucky
✟146,863.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Didn't we go over that in a previous thread? You had four recurrences of covid-like symptoms and multiple false nasal swabs. That's not re-contracting the disease four separate times.

I tested positive for the antibodies and four times I've been listed as having the virus. Are you saying that you believe the health department is listing people as positive when they aren't? Surely states aren't doing that and misleading us on the numbers.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,409.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I tested positive for the antibodies and four times I've been listed as having the virus. Are you saying that you believe the health department is listing people as positive when they aren't? Surely states aren't doing that and misleading us on the numbers.

I didn't say that you never had it at all.

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Do you think that a person’s words and actions can’t be said to be an indication of their attitude? Could you give an example to illustrate why you think that?

That is one weird question, so I'll need an example of an answer so I can know just what you're asking, please.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,841.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
You've been around long enouigh to know how this goes, you made the acussation, not me.

But I do appreciate your honesty on not knowing.
I’m just going by what I can see. I see a self centered man who cares about virtually no one but himself. There’s like a 40 year history there to look back on and come to that conclusion. What do you see differently that suggests he cares about anyone but himself besides a blind commitment to his politics?

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I’m just going by what I can see. I see a self centered man who cares about virtually no one but himself. There’s like a 40 year history there to look back on and come to that conclusion. What do you see differently that suggests he cares about anyone but himself besides a blind commitment to his politics?

Differently than what? You never made your case, leaving me nothing to work with.

Upvote 0

Kentonio

Jan 25, 2018
Lyon
✟266,564.00
Country
France
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single

This is a man who refused to even visit his close friend and mentor as he lay dying in hospital. Just totally cut off all contact. The same guy who cut off payment for his own nephews medical treatment for cerebral palsy because there was a family dispute about his fathers will.

Anyone who thinks Trump cares about anyone but himself is not looking at how Trump has spent his lifetime behaving.

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,841.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Differently than what? You never made your case, leaving me nothing to work with.
Ok, forget differently. What do you see in him that tells you he cares about others? What are the telltale signs of someone who cares about people?

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Ok, forget differently. What do you see in him that tells you he cares about others? What are the telltale signs of someone who cares about people?

This your thing, all I can tell you is I don't see anything at all that suggests he doesn't care. I'll need to know what suggests that to you do in order to argue with it, and the fact you won't give us anything concrete would, if I were you, make me wonder if I had a leg to stand on with the claim he doesn't care.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.