Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
'Peaceful protest' is a funny way to describe a bunch of morons running through a Target, but okay.

Ya don't say...

upload_2020-9-16_14-38-41.png

Upvote 0

lasthero

Jul 30, 2013
✟229,457.00
Faith
Seeker
They weren't.

I actually did a Google Search for that image and found the story.

Looters target Minneapolis businesses after homicide suspect takes his own life Wednesday

Basically, some internet rumor spread that a guy committed suicide because of the police. This sparked some tensions are a local mall, and some people, as of yet identified, engaged in looting.

But there was no protest. This was not some kind of scheduled event that got out of hand. To say that it was stretches the facts.

Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
They weren't.

I actually did a Google Search for that image and found the story.

Looters target Minneapolis businesses after homicide suspect takes his own life Wednesday

Basically, some internet rumor spread that a guy committed suicide because of the police. This sparked some tensions are a local mall, and some people, as of yet identified, engaged in looting.

But there was no protest. This was not some kind of scheduled event that got out of hand. To say that it was stretches the facts.

You don't get I believe the entire thing is some kind of scheduled event? Including COVID lockdowns.

Upvote 0

lasthero

Jul 30, 2013
✟229,457.00
Faith
Seeker
You don't get I believe the entire thing is some kind of scheduled event? Including COVID lockdowns.

I...this is kind of a poorly worded sentence, so forgive me if I respond wrongly, but if you're saying that you think this was a scheduled event...why? Is there any evidence to that effect?

Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I...this is kind of a poorly worded sentence, so forgive me if I respond wrongly, but if you're saying that you think this was a scheduled event...why?

There is this election going on.... heard of it?

I have no doubt social unrest will be used in key battleground states. Massive riots. They are going to project doubt into the election result to drum up fervor. What we are seeing now on the front end is intimidation to suppress votes. It's all planned.

Upvote 0

lasthero

Jul 30, 2013
✟229,457.00
Faith
Seeker

I have no doubt social unrest will be used in key battleground states. Massive riots. They are going to project doubt into the election result to drum up fervor. What we are seeing now on the front end is intimidation to suppress votes. It's all planned.
I don’t doubt you think that’s going to happen. Do you have any evidence?

Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
We've all been exposed well most of us anyway so let's see how it all plays out. Those that are afraid can stay home and the rest of us will take care of business. If those of us that don't want to hide from the virus all die off then what's the problem? You will have an all united society with no obstacles in your way.
Those who are afraid cannot stay home. They will starve if they stay home. I have workers call me all the time saying they are afraid to go to work and I have to tell them that if they refuse to work they will be fired and will not be able to collect unemployment. So the choice is to work, and be exposed, or to end up homeless and destitute.

Reactions: Arc F1
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

KarateCowboy

Classical liberal
Supporter
Aug 6, 2004
✟140,932.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private

Agreed.

The mail in voting is all about that. Cause confusion and disorder to undermine the veracity of the election. IMO they're preparing for insurrection under the guise of preparing for violence from Trump supporters

• Agree
Reactions: LostMarbels
Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Do you have any evidence?

Why do you keep asking over, and over, and over, for something you will never accept from me or my point of view? I am not uneducated. I am not some mindless idiot. We just don't agree.

What am I supposed to present to prove Trump is in the right?

Upvote 0

lasthero

Jul 30, 2013
✟229,457.00
Faith
Seeker
Why do you keep asking over, and over, and over, for something you will never accept from me or my point of view? I am not uneducated. I am not some mindless idiot. We just don't agree.
I don’t think you’re stupid. I think you’re deluded. You’re coming to strange conclusions based on little to nothing.

Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I don’t think you’re stupid. I think you’re deluded. You’re coming to strange conclusions based on little to nothing.

A coup is not 'little to nothing'. Especially consider members of Congress, our government and military being party to it. It's no small thing. There are mounds of evidences, but some people subjectively refuse to believe Trump is right in this. The same party that bought and paid for a dossier to illegally get FISA warrants, is now backing riots raging across America. To say Democrats are not after Trump is just silly at this point.

Upvote 0

childeye 2

Aug 18, 2018
Denver CO
✟200,651.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Donald Trump promoting herd mentality:doh:

“It would go away without the vaccine George,” he said speaking to ABC journalist George Stephanopoulos. “With time it goes away. And you’ll develop like a herd mentality. It’s going to be herd developed, and that’s going to happen. That will all happen.”

I think he meant herd immunity, but he repeated herd mentality more than once
Trump Says With ‘A Herd Mentality’ Covid-19 Coronavirus Will Go Away
It is true that developing a herd immunity happens in due course. I don't see that as a matter of policy, if it is to mean having no need for a policy.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You're thinking we'll look back on the deaths of almost a million people (and counting) as something we shouldn't have got all bothered about?

No, why would you say that? I am saying that fear mongering is not the way to address a health problem. I am saying that exaggerating the danger of a health problem does not in any way lessen whatever danger the health problem actually holds.

Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You might have noticed that the person which this thread is about did equate "not spreading panic" with "ignoring the problem".

"It will go away. Like a miracle, it will disappear. It's a hoax. Soon, there will be zero cases."

As I said - and I am sincere here - maybe you are right and the measures were/are "disproportionate".

But when you are willing to accept the dying of thousands of people because "it's only a small part of the population"... than you are not "pro-life".

Thenn I suppose no one is pro life as everyone accepts the fact that millions of people die daily from one cause or another. Are you telling me that only dying from Covid counts?

Did I inject people with the Covid virus? Actively killing and dismembering a being is not the same as recognizing that a virus, that one is helpless to control, will kill only a small proportion of the population.

If we must sow panic in the populace for every cause of a very small percentage of deaths among the populace then I guess to comply with your standards, we must maintain a constant state of panic within society.

Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That attitude began already in May and June into July, as many young adults gathered together without masks in many places.

That is a completely different attitude. There is a difference between not wanting the media and government to instill panic by overstating the problem and cherry picking stats and anecdotes and being unconcerned with the consequences of one's actions in regard to others. Healthy Millennials and those younger may well gather in droves and see very little health consequence to themselves. However, if they associate with people that are older and less healthy they may cause problems for those people. I see no problem with the young and healthy coming together in large numbers as long as they isolate themselves from people that are vulnerable.
Again the problem is not that people are cautious and I do not advocate that people be incautious or disregard medical advice on masking and social distancing but the media and government have instilled irrational fear into the population by misrepresenting the actual danger involved. Causing people to refrain from doing things for which they would not be in any danger of dying from Covid if they were to do them.

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,152,592.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That is a completely different attitude. There is a difference between not wanting the media and government to instill panic by overstating the problem and cherry picking stats and anecdotes and being unconcerned with the consequences of one's actions in regard to others. Healthy Millennials and those younger may well gather in droves and see very little health consequence to themselves. However, if they associate with people that are older and less healthy they may cause problems for those people. I see no problem with the young and healthy coming together in large numbers as long as they isolate themselves from people that are vulnerable.
Again the problem is not that people are cautious and I do not advocate that people be incautious or disregard medical advice on masking and social distancing but the media and government have instilled irrational fear into the population by misrepresenting the actual danger involved. Causing people to refrain from doing things for which they would not be in any danger of dying from Covid if they were to do them.
Many health experts have thought about the idea of only vulnerable people isolating, and the rest of the population not having to distance, and this has been widely considered and then described as likely to lead to more deaths than people imagine, because 40% or so of the population is vulnerable(!), and many of them have bio choice but to work, shop, e.t.c. . It would put us up above the projected 400 000 deaths and closer to the 600,000 deaths by Jan 1 scenario it seems, above (recent post I made here in this thread).

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Comrades! Presidential Trump heard all about immunity. He cannot be harmed by silly virus from CHY-na. Let Mother Russia take its course. Scary mongers make you sick. No reason to panic until 1,000,000,000 meet Angel of Debt. Be strong, Comrades!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.