Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
But I think you're missing what their argument is. They'd say that the unvaccinated are being responsible for creating the spin off viruses of covid. I'm not saying they're right but that's what they're believing.
In all honesty, it is quite likely that the US will ultimately reach herd immunity.

Even then, variants will arise from other less vaccinated countries.

We need to become experts at guarding against COVID and its potential variants ...

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟216,576.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Without any evidence the media has been scaremongering this world into believing that the unvaccinated must be treated badly, and what happens? Tons of people happily comply!

Well OK let's keep it straight though. It's not necessarily ALL people but SOME people vaccinated that don't want to treat the unvaxed nicely.

Can you see how convenient for the vaccine makers and how strange that after thousands of years of humanity fighting flu's now everyone needs to be vaccinated before we can beat the virus?

People for thousands of years weren't always successful at fighting the flue without modern techniques though. Something we need to keep in mind.

And so we have it, vaccinated brothers and sister frightened of the unvaccinated - satan did such a good job separating us from one another. You have to give him credit for doing that.

OK but let's swing this around. Let's envision his Kingdom comes to a place where they'll acknowledge the saints rose up and overcame the spirit of division that they instilled. They're locked in and committed to walking in LOVE towards each other now! We have to work at it but it can be done.

Reactions: Jeshu
Upvote 0

GOD Shines Forth!

Site Supporter
Jan 6, 2019
United States
✟355,297.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

pdudgeon

Traditional Catholic
Site Supporter
In Memory Of
Aug 4, 2005
South East Virginia, US
✟493,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Exactly why do you say you're facing loosing friends? Because of you pulling away from them or they you? And what do you mean they are not in healthy fellowship? I'm surprised you would say this Carl. Maybe you can clarify?
Carl is right in what he has said here. I too have lost friends and relatives over this, and I expect to loose most, if not all of them.
Christ always said that this loosing relationships would happen if people chose to follow Him, so we shouldn't be surprised that it's happening.
I can guess that your next question would be " how does choosing to be a Christian and follow Christ affect my friendships?"
The answer to that is exactly as it has been for all time.
Following Christ is going to cost us something. It always has, and this time that choice will bring division between friends and family and co-workers.
This time the choice is to vaccinate or not.
But you will say to me: "but there have always been choices." And you are right.
The difference is that this choice covers everyone on Earth; or will do so eventually.
Nothing else in history (baring the Ice Age) has had such an affect on life as has this disease.
The one difference is that this time there is an individual choice to be made, and that choice cannot be undone.

• Informative
Reactions: Departure
Upvote 0

pdudgeon

Traditional Catholic
Site Supporter
In Memory Of
Aug 4, 2005
South East Virginia, US
✟493,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Very, very, few people are like that as Christians. Most acknowledge it's not a salvation issue.
And that is exactly why those who remain are called a Remnant, meaning fewer people than were expected.
And that is sad, very sad indeed.
Where have we seen this before?
At the cross of Jesus on Calvary.
Who will stay with Jesus?
Who will remain with Him in His agony?
What did Jesus do when faced with the desertion of His friends and followers? Where were the crowds who welcomed Him with palm branches?
If we are Christians, shouldn't we expect to be deserted by our friends in this matter, just like Jesus was?
Yes, the situation in the World is bad and getting worse, but it's not the end.
Not yet!

Upvote 0

pdudgeon

Traditional Catholic
Site Supporter
In Memory Of
Aug 4, 2005
South East Virginia, US
✟493,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
So if perchance you look at the evening news and are disheartened by it, don't be!
Let's look at a bit of reality, shall we?
God has told us that we all have one destiny here on Earth: to live and then to die.
With few exceptions, this has been true.
But for Christians, there is no need to fear death!
So please, can we stop letting fear conquer us, or lead us into unwise decisions?
Our days are numbered by God, and He knows what will happen, and when our last day will be.
That said, please don't let fear guide you. Let your hope in God rule your days one by one.
Don't think ahead and worry, put your trust in God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit (The Comforter that we all need now!).

Upvote 0

pdudgeon

Traditional Catholic
Site Supporter
In Memory Of
Aug 4, 2005
South East Virginia, US
✟493,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
So if perchance you look at the evening news and are disheartened by it, don't be!
God has told us that we all have one destiny here on Earth: to live and then to die.
So please, can we stop letting fear conquer us, or lead us into unwise decisions?
Our days are numbered by God, and He knows what will happen, and when our last day will be.
That said, please don't let fear guide you. Let your hope in God rule your days one by one.
Don't think ahead and worry, put your trust in God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit (The Comforter that we all need now!).
Grant, O Lord, to your people, through the intercession of Your Servant, Blessed Anthony of Padua, the grace to prevail over the powers of darkness, through Christ our Lord, Amen.

Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟216,576.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Christ always said that this loosing relationships would happen if people chose to follow Him, so we shouldn't be surprised that it's happening.

So are you equating taking a vaccine as not following Christ?

Following Christ is going to cost us something. It always has, and this time that choice will bring division between friends and family and co-workers.

It will cost you something in some families and some careers if you aren't vaccinated. The question is God REALLY saying to people you're not following me if you take a vaccine? Now that's another matter.

This time the choice is to vaccinate or not.

And for some to say to be vaccinated is a choice against God and that God is somehow now put off with them I'd say is extremely presumptuous. He may be telling people entirely different than what you think.

The one difference is that this time there is an individual choice to be made, and that choice cannot be undone.

Are you talking about possible ill effects from taking a vaccine. Yes it can be undone in one split moment of time God can give one immunity from any ill effects. Mk 16:17,18

Upvote 0

pdudgeon

Traditional Catholic
Site Supporter
In Memory Of
Aug 4, 2005
South East Virginia, US
✟493,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
So are you equating taking a vaccine as not following Christ?(/quote)
Nope, I am saying that there are many influences in the World.

It will cost you something in some families and some careers if you aren't vaccinated. The question is God REALLY saying to people you're not following me if you take a vaccine? Now that's another matter.

And for some to say to be vaccinated is a choice against God and that God is somehow now put off with them I'd say is extremely presumptuous. He may be telling people entirely different than what you think.

Are you talking about possible ill effects from taking a vaccine. Yes it can be undone in one split moment of time God can give one immunity from any ill effects. Mk 16:17,18

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

pdudgeon

Traditional Catholic
Site Supporter
In Memory Of
Aug 4, 2005
South East Virginia, US
✟493,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Certainly the current mandates regarding shots by the government are nothing new.
More and more, this is becoming the popular way to go.
But is it the right way?
That is the question here, not the one that you have presumed in your post.

Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In reality the virus mutates just as much in its effort to escape the vaccine working witihn so many people.
Viruses don't mutate purposely to elude vaccines. On the contrary, as known variants are more effectively vanquished by vaccines, they open up the possibility that a new variant may take the fore. And the most successful of variants will naturally be less effected by whatever vaccines/treatments are being currently utilized.
i know flu's have been mutating for thousands of years, that is completely normal, every doctors knows that, and has absolutely nothing to do with unvaccinated people making things worse
Normal flu is not nearly so contagious and deadly as COVID. If we allowed as many people to be infected with COVID as typically are infected with flu, there would be a lot of dead people ...

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,415.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single

But fear (at the start) was the game plan for the scientist, doctors and governments, That was the key to the control they are now exercising.

At first it was do not shake hands, keep 6 ft distance, wear a mask, do not bring packages into your home until after being fully cleansed, wash your hands over and over and over, spray down all surfaces and probably more but i forget. Dogs and cats can spread the virus it went on and on they were really pushing the fear you can have it an not know it and kill thousands.

My observations in all of this and from other areas of observations concerning christians (or at least people who identify as christian) is that a large section (may be a majority) have more faith in science and government than in The God of The Bible.

Upvote 0

topher694

Go Turtle!
Jan 29, 2019
St. Cloud, MN
✟186,960.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Many of those who have embraced the antivacc position are not in healthy fellowship...
This goes the other way just as much. Maybe its not a vaccine thing but a human thing that the vaccine is just exposing on both sides.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟380,050.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
OK some great input thanks.

I want to stress the matter of not being overcome by fear.

This is a recurrent theme in Scripture - fear not...

Isaiah 8 that I quoted may have been about another time in history but the principle still applies.

Perfect love casts out all fear.

He has not given us a spirit of fear but of Power Love and a Sound Mind.

Folks who embrace the conspiracies flying around, become subject to fear and pass it on to others.

The only fear that we should legitimately experience is the Fear of the Lord.

He will keep him in perfect peace who's mind is stayed on thee...

Wisdom is in the quiet - not in the frenzy of conspiracies.

Reactions: rebornfree
Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,576.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Folks who embrace the conspiracies flying around, become subject to fear and pass it on to others.
Can you substantiate that? I think an argument can be made that those who embrace the mandates do so because they are subject to fear. And pass it on to others in a big way.

Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟380,050.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Can you substantiate that? I think an argument can be made that those who embrace the mandates do so because they are subject to fear. And pass it on to others in a big way.

I think what you say is what I was meaning...

Upvote 0