W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It was darkened, and the water carriers are trying their best to deny it. This is no different than the racist GOP flyers that had pictures of Obama with Kool-Aid, fried chicken and watermelon. Water carriers will always deny the most racist acts.
Did the GOP create those images? You cant prove your assertion. Please stop accusing people of racism.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟12,509.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
anyone who thinks that image has been altered as claimed is letting his wishes or his imagination get away from him.
Right, don't believe your lying eyes, guys.

Did the GOP create those images? You cant prove your assertion. Please stop accusing people of racism.
:scratch: The image has clearly been altered, the original and the changed version are right there, side by side; so the question is, was it deliberate to appeal to GOP donaters' prejudice or was it just a printing flaw? Given the GOP's long history, I do suspect the former.

Upvote 0

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Site Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
It might be the lighting.

What would you do if you found out your assumption of racism is false?

Pretend it didn't happen and move on.

Indeed. they just darkened the whole image.

The white guy in the back in darkened. :muahah:This screams incompetent boomer photoshop.

• Haha
Reactions: cow451
Upvote 0

FenderTL5

Κύριε, ἐλέησον.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2016
Nashville TN
✟634,456.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Right, don't believe your lying eyes, guys.

:scratch: The image has clearly been altered, the original and the changed version are right there, side by side; so the question is, was it deliberate to appeal to GOP donaters' prejudice or was it just a printing flaw? Given the GOP's long history, I do suspect the former.
If the image were printed, then there'd be some wiggle room for debate.
This was an email distribution, there's no printer to blame it on.
The photo was darkened either by incompetence or deliberately.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟12,509.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If the image were printed, then there'd be some wiggle room for debate.
This was an email distribution, there's no printer to blame it on.
The photo was darkened either by incompetence or deliberately.
Okay, so the question is, was the photo was darkened either by incompetence or deliberately to appeal to the donaters' prejudices? I say the latter.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,261,687.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
View attachment 259342

Original image on left, altered image on right.

-CryptoLutheran

It looks like bad editing to me. If the intent was to emphasize his "black" skin, they just made every other color tone look off (if you look at his face, the effect is less noticeable contrasted with his hair).

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,261,687.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
I didn't know Colin Caepernicks was running for the white house .So what's the point of the ad?

Inflame peoples anger to push a political message. Kind of like push-poll phone calls.

• Agree
Reactions: Innsmuthbride
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FenderTL5

Κύριε, ἐλέησον.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2016
Nashville TN
✟634,456.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Assuming this is racism is subjective, and accusing people of racism on an assumption is reckless. Truth is we don't know why the image was so poor.
My first giving the benefit-of-doubt thought was that it was a by-product of reducing the file size for easier/quicker email distribution.
I put the original in two different editors and reduced the files and the colors didn't get darker. They pixelated, but didn't get darker.
It was intentionally darkened; why is the only question.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,261,687.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
My first giving the benefit-of-doubt thought was that it was a by-product of reducing the file size for easier/quicker email distribution.
I put the original in two different editors and reduced the files and the colors didn't get darker. They pixelated, but didn't get darker.

Considering it looks like a change for the worse in terms of image quality, I believe it was intentional. They wanted Kaepernick's tanned arms to look darker.

Upvote 0

FenderTL5

Κύριε, ἐλέησον.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2016
Nashville TN
✟634,456.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Considering it looks like a change for the worse in terms of image quality, I believe it was intentional. They wanted Kaepernick's tanned arms to look darker.
The only other reason I could come up with is that removing the logos left some editing artifacts they were trying to hide.
That doesn't seem to be the case, either.
I'm pretty much left with the same conclusion.

• Agree
Reactions: Innsmuthbride
Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
We don't know. We cant subjectively assume its racism and recklessly slander others by labeling them racist.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟367,964.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Plausible deniability while being able to get the EXACT reaction desired. Republican supporters are NEVER going to say "well that is meant to be racist"... I dont expect them to even say it's in appropriate.

Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟908,465.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Im not an FBI photo analyst and neither are you.

You are correct, I am not. However as a reasonable human being I can come up with reasons someone might perform an action. Are you unable to come up with a reason someone might make the changes to this photo?

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟652,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I honestly don't know if you undestand the issue and are just trolling, or if you honestly aren't wrapping your head around this.

I brought up colorism because you referred to a post in which dark skin color was perceived as sinister. The reason why darkening an image of Kaepernick, and thus presenting his skin tone as darker than it actually is, is being seen as potentially problematic is because of the history of colorism as it pertains to people of color, especially black people, in this country. There is a history of the "dark skinned n*gro" as a racist trope, to depict darker skinned individuals as sinister.

Is that the purpose for having altered the image of Kaepernick? I don't know. But that is the question (and in some cases accusation) at hand.

It's not that being darker is bad, it's that trying to use dark skin to communicate "this person is bad" is what's wrong.

Is that clear enough? Or do you need more information?

-CryptoLutheran

What you're talking about is just another one of the many ways people of color (or more accurately, their radical Left political and social groups) use as a way to perpetuate the idea that they are being victimized. All this does is keep blacks, hispanics, etc. in the victim class while keeping white people portrayed as evil. It does nothing to bring healing or unity.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟652,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
It was darkened, and the water carriers are trying their best to deny it. This is no different than the racist GOP flyers that had pictures of Obama with Kool-Aid, fried chicken and watermelon. Water carriers will always deny the most racist acts.

Then you have your mind already made up about it and are not willing to hear any explanations?

• Winner
Reactions: Gigimo
Upvote 0