• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

COL 2:14-17 The REAL truth from God's Word

Discussion in 'Sabbath and The Law' started by LoveGodsWord, Aug 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The7thColporteur

The7thColporteur Well-Known Member

+238
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    The wicked heart, which is not submitted to God or His Law, plays hide and seek [as did Adam] and plays pretend with oneself, and thus a person can be self-deceived to think that they are all right with God, when in reality, they are all wrong:

Jeremiah 17:9 KJB - The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?

Romans 8:7 KJB - Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.​

Therefore, out of the abundance of that desperately [<-- notice that word!] wicked heart can only come deception:

Jeremiah 9:5 KJB - And they will deceive every one his neighbour, and will not speak the truth: they have taught their tongue to speak lies, and weary themselves to commit iniquity.

Matthew 12:34 KJB - O generation of vipers, how can ye, being evil, speak good things? for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh.​

The pharisees claimed to have God's law in honour, all the while their hypocrisy was shown in their trasngression of it by their vain traditions, and Jesus especially called them to account for their violation of the Sabbath on numerous occasions.

The Law is Holy, Just and Good and this includes the 4th Commandment, which is the only Commandment of the Ten [symbolizing all, the wholeness of God's Law] with the word Holy in it, see 2 Peter 2:21 KJB. Therefore to teach that it is irrelevant shows your heart.

2. The7thColporteur

+238
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    You judge what you do not know of me. You did not prove me in error. Your error remains.

3. Marco70

Marco70 Well-Known Member

+260
    Zimbabwe
    Christian
    Single
    Bland statement with no response to what I wrote. Standard internet response by many

4. The7thColporteur

+238
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    Ha! Here's what you originally responded to me with:

How utterly hypocritical [and I mean that from a scriptural definition].

5. Marco70

+260
    Zimbabwe
    Christian
    Single
    You got the answer didn't you, what are you complaining about?

Is a Christian called to be honest, or may they lie?

Do you even try to obey each and every literal command of Christ in the Gospels?
    Thanks in advance for your honest reponse

6. Marco70

+260
    Zimbabwe
    Christian
    Single
    Being hypocritical is claiming you cannot enter heaven unless you obey all of Jesus commands, when you yourself do not even try and obey them all, that is being guilty of the hypocrisy of the Pharisees

7. The7thColporteur

+238
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    You got your answer also:

Then see also that which was given before it:

I'll wait for you to prove this wrong, instead of just:

Therefore:

I pray you actually think about what was written.

8. Marco70

+260
    Zimbabwe
    Christian
    Single
    I see you had to duck answering the question. I can only assume then you have one rule for yourself to enter heaven and a different rule for everyone else.
    I have better things to do with my time than continue such a conversation when such an attitude is placed before me.
    Bye
    BTW
    The Pharisees were just the same you know, one rule for themselves, and one rule for everyone else

9. The7thColporteur

+238
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    Easy to run from the actual context when you are in the error, for whatsoever doth make manifest [reveals] is light, and darkness cannot abide the light:

Matthew 5:20 KJB - For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.​

Just as the pharisees fled from the face of Christ's [the Sun/Light of righteousness] exposition.

10. Marco70

+260
    Zimbabwe
    Christian
    Single
    You are perfect for the internet

11. The7thColporteur

+238
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    Ad hominem. Non sequitur.

12. Marco70

+260
    Zimbabwe
    Christian
    Single
    Well I will just tell you what I told LGW. Its a pity you do not understands the core foundation on which the Christian faith is based. The law is in your mind and heart. You cannot hide from that law, and through the law you become conscious of sin(rom3:20
    Therefore, if you are correct, no one can have been born again/a Christian unless they have heartfelt conviction they sin by failing to observe a set Saturday Sabbath. So, if(if) you understand the core foundation of the Christian faith, you must consider you are chatting to a heathen/unsaved person. I assume you joined the website to debate with christians

13. The7thColporteur

+238
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    Therein lies one of the issues.

Go back to Matthew 5:19-20.

14. Marco70

+260
    Zimbabwe
    Christian
    Single
    I see you cannot respond to what is written.

Now I must go to work

15. The7thColporteur

+238
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    You missed it, it was here:

Matthew 5:19-20 please.

16. LoveGodsWord

LoveGodsWord Well-Known Member

+2,165
    Australia
    SDA
    Married
    Where does it say in God's WORD that Jesus is a Sabbath? God's WORD only says the Sabbath is the Seventh day of the week and Jesus is the creator of it and it is the "Lords Day" and the 4th Commandment in the 10 Commandments. (Genesis 2:1-3; Exodus 20:8-11; Mark 2:27-28; Matthew 12:8).

There is NO scripture anywhere in God's WORD that says Jesus is a Sabbath. This is an invention of those who seek to follow the teachings and traditions of men that changed the day in order to break the commandments of God (Matthew 15:3-9)

You know 1stcenturylady, all of the scripture shared here with you and to everyone for that matter is only ever written in LOVE... :wave:

SIN is the breaking of God's Commandments (James 2:9-11; Romans 7:7; 1 John 3:4)

Those who CONTINUE in UNREPENTANT SIN will NOT enter into the KINGDOM of HEAVEN because they are still in BONDAGE to SIN and are SERVANTS of SIN and have not been BORN again to be FREE of the SINS they KNOW about.

God's 4th commandment is one of the ten (Exodus 20:8-11) If we knowingly break it when God asks us not to we stand guilty before God of committing sin (James 2:8-12). If we do not seek him in repentance and forgiveness we are in danger of the Judgement (Hebrews 10:26-27)

Sunday worship is a tradition and teaching of man that has led many to break the commandments of God. Jesus says that if we follow the traditions of man that break the commandments of God we are not following God (Matthew 15:3-9)

There is not one scripture in all of God's Word that says that God's 4th Commandment is now ABOLISHED and we are now commanded to KEEP Sunday as a Holy day.

Who should we follow the teachings and traditions of men or the Word of God? Who should we believe the Words of men or the Word of God?

In times of ignorance God winks at but now ,<when a KNOWLEDGE of the truth has come> calls all men everywhere to REPENT (FOLLOW) (Acts 17:30-31).

17. LoveGodsWord

+2,165
    Australia
    SDA
    Married
    It seems you have just simply ignored the post I have sent.

Summarised the post you ignored is showing that the "LAW OF LIBERTY" = OBEDIENCE to GOD'S LAW by FAITH that works by LOVE through WALKING in the SPIRIT.

Or simply put OBEDIENCE to GOD's LAW by FAITH or

RIGHTEOUSNESS BY FAITH...

You cannot separate LIBERTY and RIGHTEOUSNESS from GOD's LAW because it is the KNOWLEDGE of what SIN and RIGHTEOUNESS is. (ROMANS 3:20; PS 119:172; ROMANS 7:7; 1 JOHN 3:4; JAMES 2:11).

PLEASE RE-READ POST # 2510 ABOVE linked CLICK ME :D

You know 1stcenturylady, all of the scripture shared here with you and to everyone for that matter is only ever written in LOVE... :wave:

SIN is the breaking of God's Commandments (James 2:9-11; Romans 7:7; 1 John 3:4)

Those who CONTINUE in UNREPENTANT SIN will NOT enter into the KINGDOM of HEAVEN because they are still in BONDAGE to SIN and are SERVANTS of SIN and have not been BORN again to be FREE of the SINS they KNOW about.

God's 4th commandment is one of the ten (Exodus 20:8-11) If we knowingly break it when God asks us not to we stand guilty before God of committing sin (James 2:8-12). If we do not seek him in repentance and forgiveness we are in danger of the Judgement (Hebrews 10:26-27)

Sunday worship is a tradition and teaching of man that has led many to break the commandments of God. Jesus says that if we follow the traditions of man that break the commandments of God we are not following God (Matthew 15:3-9)

There is not one scripture in all of God's Word that says that God's 4th Commandment is now ABOLISHED and we are now commanded to KEEP Sunday as a Holy day.

Who should we follow the teachings and traditions of men or the Word of God? Who should we believe the Words of men or the Word of God?

In times of ignorance God winks at but now ,<when a KNOWLEDGE of the truth has come> calls all men everywhere to REPENT (FOLLOW) (Acts 17:30-31).

18. LoveGodsWord

+2,165
    Australia
    SDA
    Married
    Hello The7thColporteur,

Welcome to the thread here and very nice to meet you. Well written and nice to see someone finally talking about the OP here. Sorry at the moment everyone seems to want to talk about anything else except the OP. o_O

I would not worry to much about what some people say. I think people can see who have God's WORD and who does not.

Thanks for sharing and nice to meet you :wave:

19. LoveGodsWord

+2,165
    Australia
    SDA
    Married
    You are free to BELIEVE God's WORD of not BELIEVE God's WORD. I do not judge you. Did you have any scripture to share Marco? So far you have mainly provided your word over God's WORD that disagrees with you.

20. LoveGodsWord

+2,165
    Australia
    SDA
    Married
    God's WORD disagrees with you. Do you have any scripture to share for your teaching? It seems not.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.