✟55,225.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Originally posted by KeepTheFaith15
im sorry to say this but if i had to strip because that was the only way i could make money, i searched my hardest to get a job and couldnt find one and if i had a family to support i'd take the job you gotta do what you gotta do to protect your love ones.

Don't be sorry for your heartfelt opinions.

Upvote 0

seebs

God Made Me A Skeptic
Apr 9, 2002
Saint Paul, MN
Visit site
✟55,225.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Originally posted by Vixen Evenstar
I would think that God would provide a job other then that one wouldn't he?

God's answer to a prayer is sometimes "No." I would say that, before worrying about jobs, He'd get to work on that backlog of crippled and terminally ill people - unless, of course, He knows what He's doing better than we do.

So, are some of you people saying that if I (a christian) wanted to....i could go out and become a inappropriate content star and that would be ok? :scratch:

I don't know. It doesn't sound like a good idea to me, but I'm hardly qualified to judge anyone else's soul. There was a very funny (and offensive, I'd guess, to most of the readers here) movie called _Orgasmo_ about a Mormon who gets a job in the inappropriate content industry.

Would it be *okay*? I wouldn't think so. So? Right now, if you're anything like me, you're doing things that aren't "okay". I am angry. I sometimes laugh at peoples' pain. How is having sex for money worse than these? Sin is sin. Malice unrepented will send you to Hell just as certainly.

I cannot rule out the possibility that a Christian could work as a inappropriate content star, and still be a Christian. It seems weird to me, but I have met Christians who hate black people, and I believe they are Christians anyway. Racism looks, to my sense of right and wrong, much worse than inappropriate content.

The point, I think, is this; when the Bible says that we must not judge other people, this doesn't mean "no judgement unless you're sure" or "no judgement unless it involve sex". It's a real committment to accept people as they are, because that's the example Christ set for us. We want people to stop sinning, but most of us ought to have noticed by now that we ourselves are not likely to ever completely stop...

So, I think Texas Lynn's response to the question of the Christian inappropriate content star is the correct one, the one explicitly mandated by the Bible. Anything else is wrong. Does that make people who don't do it not Christian? Of course not! Sin is sin. Judgement is another sin, and it, too, can be forgiven... But remember to read the parable of the debtors.

Upvote 0

Brimshack

Mar 23, 2002
Arizona
✟12,010.00
Faith
Atheist
I'd just like to say that anyone dead set against stripping as a legitimate option for single mothers, ouvgt to be equally as serious about seeing to it that they have letimate options other than stripping. That includes welfare, and more importantly it includes ensuring equal opportunity in the workplace. It is easy enough to debate whether god would provide such an option, or to say that other options must have been available, but to the extent that our society is prepared to pay substantially more to see a woman naked than to see her working in the variety of jobs most commonly available to women, it is the height of hypocrisy to condemn someone for taking advantage of that option. As demonstrated earlier, we commonly overlook the choices that businesmen make in view of similar calculations. And the consequences of corporate corruption are far more damaging than those associated with inappropriate contentography.

Upvote 0

seebs

God Made Me A Skeptic
Apr 9, 2002
Saint Paul, MN
Visit site
✟55,225.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Originally posted by Brimshack
It is easy enough to debate whether god would provide such an option, or to say that other options must have been available, but to the extent that our society is prepared to pay substantially more to see a woman naked than to see her working in the variety of jobs most commonly available to women, it is the height of hypocrisy to condemn someone for taking advantage of that option.

It's interesting how everyone has quietly dropped and ignored the observation:

"I told Dad I had seen ministerial colleagues of his in the club that I recognized but who didn't recongnize me"

Upvote 0

seebs

God Made Me A Skeptic
Apr 9, 2002
Saint Paul, MN
Visit site
✟55,225.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Yeah. If God were handing out lightning bolts, and I *had* to stand next to one person or the other, I think I'd rather stand next to the woman who took up stripping to provide for her children than the alleged pillar of the community who was supporting a stripper with money that could have been, say, supporting community programs that would have offered her better alternatives.

Upvote 0

Stormy

Senior Contributor
Jun 16, 2002
St. Louis, Mo
Visit site
✟51,954.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Others
It is easy enough to debate whether god would provide such an option, or to say that other options must have been available, but to the extent that our society is prepared to pay substantially more to see a woman naked than to see her working in the variety of jobs most commonly available to women, it is the height of hypocrisy to condemn someone for taking advantage of that option. As demonstrated earlier, we commonly overlook the choices that businesmen make in view of similar calculations. And the consequences of corporate corruption are far more damaging than those associated with inappropriate contentography.

OK... So now my new screen name will be "Hypocrite Wowser"

I will wear the mud you sling with honor for my Lord.

I will stand by the words of the Bible.

Romans 6 :15 What then? Shall we sin because we are not under law but under grace? By no means! 16 Don't you know that when you offer yourselves to someone to obey him as slaves, you are slaves to the one whom you obey--whether you are slaves to sin, which leads to death, or to obedience, which leads to righteousness? 17 But thanks be to God that, though you used to be slaves to sin, you wholeheartedly obeyed the form of teaching to which you were entrusted. 18 You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness.
19 I put this in human terms because you are weak in your natural selves. Just as you used to offer the parts of your body in slavery to impurity and to ever-increasing wickedness, so now offer them in slavery to righteousness leading to holiness. 20 When you were slaves to sin, you were free from the control of righteousness. 21 What benefit did you reap at that time from the things you are now ashamed of? Those things result in death! 22 But now that you have been set free from sin and have become slaves to God, the benefit you reap leads to holiness, and the result is eternal life. 23 For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

A Christian does not sin willfully without regret.

I could quote many, many verses.

But the atheist will turn from the wisdom and truth of the Bible.

It seems that you all need to bring up sexual sins and then say that the Christian just gets on fire against these types of sin.

That is not true. I would be equally alarmed if a Christian said that... I lie everyday but I feel not regret. I really don't think it matters what the sin is either.

The point that I am debating is the fact that a Christian is more than talk...
it is a walk.

Even Satan would confess that Jesus is the Son of God. Talk is cheap.

But If the Spirit is within .... you will walk toward the light.

You will turn from sin and instead learn to live your life as Jesus taught.

It is with Love not judgement that I speak these words.

Christ died to free you of sin. Let him into your life completely. Do not allow sin to defeat you.

Upvote 0

seebs

God Made Me A Skeptic
Apr 9, 2002
Saint Paul, MN
Visit site
✟55,225.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I don't think anyone's saying Christians can sin without regret and it's no big deal; I think the objection is that many people obsess over the sexual sins, and ignore the others... and tend to ignore repentance on the sexual sins, too.

I don't think you, Stormy, are one of these people. You seem to have it down pretty well.

Anyway, I would expect a Christian inappropriate content star to be seriously looking for alternatives... but not everyone gives everything up right away, and I don't see something worse about a Christian inappropriate content start who regrets his job, but is sticking it out until he can find a better line of work, than I do about a Christian salesman who is using dishonest sales tactics, and regrets that, but is continuing until he finds a better way to pay the bills. Now, I think they both have problems... but that doesn't make them not Christians, it means maybe I should get off my lazy butt and *help*, instead of sitting here in a comfy chair saying "those aren't *real* Christians". Maybe their walk wanders a bit more than mine does. Maybe I'm just blind to some of my sins, and I'm just as bad.

Upvote 0

two feathers

of the wilderness
Apr 22, 2002
A broken world
✟9,326.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Originally posted by Stormy
The point that I am debating is the fact that a Christian is more than talk...
it is a walk.

Even Satan would confess that Jesus is the Son of God. Talk is cheap.

But If the Spirit is within .... you will walk toward the light.

You will turn from sin and instead learn to live your life as Jesus taught.

It is with Love not judgement that I speak these words.

well said, stormy.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Stormy

Senior Contributor
Jun 16, 2002
St. Louis, Mo
Visit site
✟51,954.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Others
Originally posted by seebs
I don't think anyone's saying Christians can sin without regret and it's no big deal; I think the objection is that many people obsess over the sexual sins, and ignore the others... and tend to ignore repentance on the sexual sins, too.

But it is exactly this idea that has me posting.

The girl who had worked as a stripper said that she had no regret. I am afraid that until she feels regret and asks the Lord to forgive her she will not be free of her sin.

My purpose is not to judge her but rather to speak of the wonderful but terrific obligation that we bear as Christian to follow Christ.

I don't think you, Stormy, are one of these people. You seem to have it down pretty well.

Thank you :)

Anyway, I would expect a Christian inappropriate content star to be seriously looking for alternatives... but not everyone gives everything up right away, and I don't see something worse about a Christian inappropriate content start who regrets his job, but is sticking it out until he can find a better line of work, than I do about a Christian salesman who is using dishonest sales tactics, and regrets that, but is continuing until he finds a better way to pay the bills.

I do not agree. I would expect them to quit immediately.

My Faith is such that money does not rule over it.

Funny thing is now that I do not put money ahead of God... money has become more abundant.

God's word is true.

Upvote 0

seebs

God Made Me A Skeptic
Apr 9, 2002
Saint Paul, MN
Visit site
✟55,225.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I don't think lack of regret is the same as lack of repentance. I have done things which, at the time, seemed like the best thing for me to do. I can't regret that, although in some cases, I am repentant of a sin involved, and seek God's help in not repeating it.

I would *hope* that a Christian inappropriate content star would quit, but then, it's not my salvation, and I am not qualified to judge them. I don't like to distinguish between sins, and I know lots of people whose daily life include things that look sinful to me, but... all I feel comfortable doing is trying to help.

Upvote 0

Brimshack

Mar 23, 2002
Arizona
✟12,010.00
Faith
Atheist
Gee Stormy, I don't recall singling you out. There were othres making similar points, and I purposefully directed my comments toward an abstract foe, against anyone condemning such women. Were you condemning T. Lynn, or any other strippers? I thought you drew the line somewere short of that, but I guess I was wrong. The fact is that many Christians sin all the time, and do so without regret. This is particularly true in the area of business, where large portions of Christian ethics are simply set aside without a second thought. My point is that sexual sins get more attention than business related ones, and women engaged in such activities are thus subject to a double standard. This is one of many areas where Christians themselves contribute to the very conditions that create inappropriate contentography as a business, and then use the women who participate as scape-goats. I find that hypocritical. The hypocrisy consists of two things which I had no reason to believe you were doing; 1) actually condemning the women in question, and 2) failing to support viable economic alternatives. Both of these go beyond merely condemning the practice itself. You had plenty of manuevering room on that one Stormy; if you choose to take offense, then perhaps you were going a bit beyond your stated objective to show that Christians should act according to their faith.

…BTW, another area where christian ethics are routinely set aside in favor of practical concerns would be international politics. Bring up the subject of a possible war, and/or questions about the appropriate means of fighting it, and I see very few conservative Christians even discussing it in terms of their faith. Suddenly their analysis is based solely on secular concerns. Killing civicilans? Heck, sometimes that's necessary right (Hiroshima, nagasaki, Dresden, etc.), and God will apparently understand. But no, a woman caught with kids and few options in the marketplace is expected to follow Christian ethics to a 'T'. The flexibility comes and goes on these isues, and it seems least available to mothers. Businessmen and politicians seem to have a few get-out--of-Hell free cards.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Outspoken

Standing in the Gap
Nov 8, 2002
✟22,188.00
Faith
Christian
"Christians themselves contribute to the very conditions that create inappropriate contentography as a business, and then use the women who participate as scape-goats. "

Give me a break. inappropriate content stars are not in that business because they need the money, that's just a load.

Upvote 0

seebs

God Made Me A Skeptic
Apr 9, 2002
Saint Paul, MN
Visit site
✟55,225.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

…BTW, another area where christian ethics are routinely set aside in favor of practical concerns would be international politics. Bring up the subject of a possible war, and/or questions about the appropriate means of fighting it, and I see very few conservative Christians even discussing it in terms of their faith. Suddenly their analysis is based solely on secular concerns. Killing civicilans? Heck, sometimes that's necessary right (Hiroshima, nagasaki, Dresden, etc.), and God will apparently understand. But no, a woman caught with kids and few options in the marketplace is expected to follow Christian ethics to a 'T'. The flexibility comes and goes on these isues, and it seems least available to mothers. Businessmen and politicians seem to have a few get-out--of-Hell free cards.

Indeed. I grudgingly support wars because I believe we have some responsibility for things we stand back and watch... but it sure would look odd if I were in favor of men with guns making compromises to deal with the real world, and couldn't accept it in women with kids.

In the end, only two people have a real right to opinions on this issue: Texas Lynn, and God. I am afraid I am not qualified to speak for either. My opinion, which is based on far too little information, is that Texas Lynn has serious guts, and that her walk with God is just fine. If I had been that courageous at her age, my life would be different today, and for the better.

Upvote 0

euphoric

He hates these cans!!
Jun 22, 2002
Visit site
✟8,271.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Originally posted by Texas Lynn
Are you Bob Packwood?  ;)

No, I'm training to be a televangelist, but I just can't get my hair to look right.  Y'know that special "television preacher mullet" most of them have managed to perfect?  Perhaps I need more gel.

:)

-brett

Upvote 0

euphoric

He hates these cans!!
Jun 22, 2002
Visit site
✟8,271.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Originally posted by Outspoken
"Christians themselves contribute to the very conditions that create inappropriate contentography as a business, and then use the women who participate as scape-goats. "

Give me a break. inappropriate content stars are not in that business because they need the money, that's just a load.

Is this an informed opinion based on a coherent analysis of the motivations of inappropriate content stars or are you speaking out of a secondary orifice again? :rolleyes:

-brett

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.