Christian inappropriate content

Status
Not open for further replies.
from the April 2002 Playboy

Las Vegas-- Two youth pastors bought a booth at the annual Adult Video News trade show to convert souls and promote their new website at xxxchruch.com. The ministers, based in Los Angeles, boasted that they had the "No. 1 Christian inappropriate content site," which confused some passersby. The site doesn't have inappropriate content but instead allows visitors to post prayers asking God to protect their "integrity and safety" online.

hraedisc

Veteran
Nov 6, 2002
Visit site
✟16,583.00
Faith
SDA
Summer camps/activities at "Christian" churches, schools, and campgrounds certainly are no show of modest attire.

Getting publicly undressed in less than what is covered by underwear may be considered "inappropriate content" in God's sight.

Isa 47:2-3
"...make bare the leg, uncover the thigh, pass over the rivers. Thy nakedness shall be uncovered, yea, thy shame shall be seen...."

"Let's go swimming, pastor!"

"Would you like to see my new swimsuit, Reverend?"

:(

Upvote 0

Texas Lynn

Dec 17, 2002
Brooklyn, NY
✟14,982.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Some years back there was a stripper named Kellie Everts who billed herself as "The Stripper for God".  At least one former inappropriate content star, Harry Reems, is an active Christian and an usher at his church.

As presented the ministry cited in the opening post seems positive.  However I can see the possibility such could degenerate into the type of fraudulence as seen in phoney anti-abortion storefront clinics and homo-no-more anti-gay unethical "therapy" programs. 

Some of the wowsers in the extremist wings of fundamentalism operate from an assumption that abortion clinic staff, gays/lesbians, inappropriate content stars and their crews, etc. are ipso facto non-Christians and nothing could be further from the truth. 

I worked as a stripper for two years after my divorce.  It was the best opportunity I had with little skills and two small kids to work the least number of hours possible, go to college, and spend time with the kids.  I tried to avoid exploiting drunks as much as some others in the biz did.  It did cause a rift between me and my parents (a minister and choir director) but we've moved past that.  But at the time they confronted me (I didn't tell them, my big-mouth sister did) I told Dad I had seen ministerial colleagues of his in the club that I recognized but who didn't recongnize me.  He just sighed and stepped outside.  I must say that as such I did not and still don't perceive myself as having been a "good" Christian at the time but I have no major regrets either. 

Upvote 0

euphoric

He hates these cans!!
Jun 22, 2002
Visit site
✟8,271.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Originally posted by Texas Lynn
I worked as a stripper for two years after my divorce.  It was the best opportunity I had with little skills and two small kids to work the least number of hours possible, go to college, and spend time with the kids.  I tried to avoid exploiting drunks as much as some others in the biz did.  It did cause a rift between me and my any number of unfounded assumptionsparents (a minister and choir director) but we've moved past that.  But at the time they confronted me (I didn't tell them, my big-mouth sister did) I told Dad I had seen ministerial colleagues of his in the club that I recognized but who didn't recongnize me.  He just sighed and stepped outside.  I must say that as such I did not and still don't perceive myself as having been a "good" Christian at the time but I have no major regrets either.

One of my closest friends worked as a stripper here in Dallas.  She is one of the sweetest, kindest and smartest people I know.  I suspect that there are a great number of people, Christian and non-Christian alike, who would never take the time to find that out.  People seem to see the job title and make any number of unfounded assumptions.  I pity them the lost opportunity.

-brett

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

seebs

God Made Me A Skeptic
Apr 9, 2002
Saint Paul, MN
Visit site
✟55,225.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
You were quite right, of course; Jesus did minister to people that had been dismissed as sinners. However, if someone didn't know the context of the discussion, a claim that Jesus spent a lot of his time with strippers could potentially be taken the wrong way...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

seebs

God Made Me A Skeptic
Apr 9, 2002
Saint Paul, MN
Visit site
✟55,225.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Not having been in the situation myself, I can't comment on how good a choice it was, but I can respect the devotion to her children that she showed.

It is possible to find both godliness and ungodliness in everything most people do. The question is, which is a better object of study?

Upvote 0

Outspoken

Standing in the Gap
Nov 8, 2002
✟22,188.00
Faith
Christian
"It is possible to find both godliness and ungodliness in everything most people do. "

well yeah, the simple breakdown would be 1. motivation: Good 2. Action: bad. One was good, the other sin.

"The question is, which is a better object of study?"

Christ clearly emphasised both. You can't have your heart in the right place and commit sin. Its still sin, regardless. i can't want to protect my wife so I go out on a killing spree and murder anyone I find in a dark alley somewhere for fear they will hurt her.

Upvote 0

Stormy

Senior Contributor
Jun 16, 2002
St. Louis, Mo
Visit site
✟51,954.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Others
Taking your cloths off to entertain is not an honorable way to take care of your children. But it is easy money. Many girls have worked at hard low paying jobs to support their children. I think I will save my applause for them.

Do you not think that a Chrsitian should have regrets if this had been their chosen lifestyle?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.