Visit site
✟1,357,571.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Have you received Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior of your life? What took place when this happened? Did your life change? Did it change radically or just a little bit? Did you leave your old life of sin behind you, and now, by God’s grace, you are living by and walking by the Spirit of God? Or, did it make little difference in your life?

What does it mean to make Jesus the Lord of our lives? It means we now belong to him and he is our owner-master, and our lives are no longer our own to be lived how we want, because we were bought back for God with the blood of Jesus Christ, shed on a cross for our sins. It means, too, that we are no longer enslaved to sin but now we are bond-servants of Christ’s righteousness. The old has gone. The new has come.

It means, too, that we were crucified with Christ in death to sin, and we were raised with Christ to newness of life in him, to be lived to his righteousness (Romans 6:1-23). Now, for us to live is Christ, but to die is gain. We have denied self, and we are taking up our cross daily to follow (obey) our Lord. But, it doesn’t end there. This is just the beginning of a lifetime of walking in the Spirit and not giving way to the flesh.

As we grow in the grace that is ours in Christ Jesus, and daily, by the Spirit, we are putting to death the deeds of the flesh, we mature in our walks of faith. And, we grow in our understanding of what this Christian life is all about, as our Lord is conforming us to his likeness, and as we daily yield control of our lives over to him. We grow deeper in love with our Lord through our times of fellowship with him, and in obedience to his word, and if called upon to die for the sake of his name, and for his gospel, we will willingly do so.

For, we don’t believe in Jesus Christ just so we can escape hell and have the hope of heaven when we die, or just so we can have our sins forgiven. Jesus died that we might die to sin and live to righteousness. He died that we might no longer live for ourselves, but for him who gave his life up for us. Coming to Christ means we die with Christ to sin and we are resurrected with Christ to newness of life, “created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness” (Ephesians 4:24).

The righteous requirement of the law is fully met in us who walk not according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit (Romans 8:1-14). Jesus set us free from slavery to sin so we might become slaves of righteousness. The Christian life is a daily walk in the Spirit. It is a process of sanctification of the Spirit of God in growing and maturing us in Christ. Amen!

Full Release

An Original Work / April 15, 2012

Walking daily with my Savior
brings me joy.
Loving Father; precious Jesus;
He’s my Savior and my Lord.
Gently leads me; follow Him.
I’ve invited Him within.
Now abiding in His presence,
oh, what peace.
From my self-life
He has brought me,