✟606,200.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Trump Says He’ll Sign Health, Immigration Plans in Coming Weeks

Trump provided no details of what would be included in his health plan, after his administration has sought to quash President Barack Obama’s Affordable Care Act. The U.S. Supreme Court is set to hear arguments in the nine-month term that starts in October on the administration’s latest attempt to topple the law.

The series of policy announcements teased by Trump would come as Biden is ahead in polls nationally and in swing states amid surging cases of the coronavirus in the U.S.

“We’re signing a health-care plan within two weeks, a full and complete health care-plan,” Trump said. “We’re going to sign an immigration plan, a health-care plan, and various other plans.”

• Informative
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

MIDutch

Apr 3, 2020
Detroit
✟75,674.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
What was the most disturbing thing about the entire interview was that trump actually "believed" the lies he was spouting. He lives in a made up world almost totally removed from reality. His immediate reaction to getting caught in a lie is to lie some more, when caught weaving a web of his own alternate reality is to double down and embellish the rosy fantasy bubble he has built for himself.

It's difficult to see how any one thought this guy could lead the country when he is so clearly out of touch with reality.

Maybe Wallace should have given trump a Sharpie so he could have made the charts he was given conform to his delusions.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
With 4 months to go before the 2020 Election, perhaps Wallace has come to the realization that in the post-Trump Era, FOXNEWS will be forced to reinvent itself and the employment prospects for a "Trump stooge" will be limited at best!
In fairness, Chris Wallace now is what he has long been, like it or not.

Fox loyalists get irritated at him, but they also admit that he has not reinvented himself in one way or another in order to adjust to changing times in either society or at the network.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Maybe when his answers are bad, we should regard him as bad, just a thought.

Even if we were to make that concession (and I frankly think "bad" is not accurate), Trump at least gave the interview, knowing that Wallace does not have a reputation for throwing only softball questions at the person being interviewed.

This stands in contrast to Biden and, because it does, we as voters are right to ask ourselves if a person who cannot even face the public like this deserves anyone's vote.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
In fairness, Chris Wallace now is what he has long been, like it or not.

Fox loyalists get irritated at him, but they also admit that he has not reinvented himself in one way or another in order to adjust to changing times in either society or at the network.
You mean *shudder* that an anchor at FoxBabeNews can have have, like integrity.... and ask really hard questions of the President? How can that be? What is the Fox Nation going to do? Where's softball champion Sharyl Atkisson when we need her?

Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,750,843.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Chris Wallace challenged the President's claims on several topics in an interview for Fox News Sunday...

Full Interview:
Transcript: Transcript: 'Fox News Sunday' interview with President Trump

A sampling - on the topic of recent violence in American cities and the claim that Biden wants to defund the police:

TRUMP: They run them poorly, it was always bad but now it’s gotten totally out of control and it’s really because they want to defund the police. And Biden wants to defund the police.

WALLACE: No he, sir, he does not.

TRUMP: Look. He signed a charter with Bernie Sanders; I will get that one just like I was right on the mortality rate. Did you read the charter that he agreed to with…

WALLACE: It says nothing about defunding the police.

TRUMP: Oh really? It says abolish, it says -- let’s go. Get me the charter, please.

WALLACE: All right.

TRUMP: Chris, you’ve got to start studying for these.

WALLACE: He says defund the police?

TRUMP: He says defund the police. They talk about abolishing the police. They talk about illegal aliens pouring …

WALLACE: I look, I look forward – I look forward to seeing that.

(...the White House never found such language in the charter, because it doesn't exist)

This was interesting:

Donald Trump v Fox News Sunday: extraordinary moments from a wild interview

Trump also made the astounding claim that in two weeks’ time, he will sign a new healthcare plan. On the campaign trail in 2016, he promised to overturn the Affordable Care Act, commonly known as Obamacare, which provides health insurance to those who cannot otherwise afford it. An effort to do so in Congress failed. Late last month – during a pandemic – the White House wrote a brief in support of a lawsuit seeking to bring the ACA down.

Wallace pointed out that in three years, Trump has not unveiled his promised replacement.

Trump responded: “We’re signing a healthcare plan within two weeks, a full and complete healthcare plan that the supreme court decision on DACA [an immigration decision which went against the administration] gave me the right to do.

“So we’re going to solve – we’re going to sign an immigration plan, a healthcare plan, and various other plans. And nobody will have done what I’m doing in the next four weeks.”

two weeks - let's see if it happens.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This was interesting:

Donald Trump v Fox News Sunday: extraordinary moments from a wild interview

Trump also made the astounding claim that in two weeks’ time, he will sign a new healthcare plan. On the campaign trail in 2016, he promised to overturn the Affordable Care Act, commonly known as Obamacare, which provides health insurance to those who cannot otherwise afford it. An effort to do so in Congress failed. Late last month – during a pandemic – the White House wrote a brief in support of a lawsuit seeking to bring the ACA down.

Wallace pointed out that in three years, Trump has not unveiled his promised replacement.

Trump responded: “We’re signing a healthcare plan within two weeks, a full and complete healthcare plan that the supreme court decision on DACA [an immigration decision which went against the administration] gave me the right to do.

“So we’re going to solve – we’re going to sign an immigration plan, a healthcare plan, and various other plans. And nobody will have done what I’m doing in the next four weeks.”

two weeks - let's see if it happens.
Probably will happen on a Wednesday.

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,159,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So typical
"Everybody thought this summer it would go away and it would come back in the fall. Well, when the summer came, they used to say the heat -- the heat was good for it and it really knocks it out, remember? And then it might come back in the fall. So they got that one wrong.
When you have 15 people. And the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."

"Everybody"?? "They" was him!
In the summer people in the south especially go indoors to air conditioned areas, including for example bars, where they can get the virus much more easily than outdoors, since the indoor air is recirculated. To get that kind of easy spread outside, you'd need a very calm day with little breeze, and people close together without masks.

Here's an explanation if you begin about 2 minutes into video --

(you can move slider to 2 minute mark and start there)

One study of 318 outbreaks in China found only 1 that happened outdoors.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Halbhh

Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
✟1,159,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'd add a subtitle to that video above:

"...And how to easily enjoy the summer outdoors around people without spreading covid."

Of course, that "enjoy" part would be kinda more for those not currently in a record breaking heat/humidity heat index, but still most people could in most weeks if they get how the virus spreads accurately.

Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
In the summer people in the south especially go indoors to air conditioned areas, including for example bars, where they can get the virus much more easily than outdoors, since the indoor air is recirculated. To get that kind of easy spread outside, you'd need a very calm day with little breeze, and people close together without masks.

Here's an explanation if you begin about 2 minutes into video --

(you can move slider to 2 minute mark and start there)

One study of 318 outbreaks in China found only 1 that happened outdoors.
Georgia has two seasons: Hot and Wet. We are currently in the Hot season with temps in the upper 90's. If Portland were as hot as Georgia, there would be no protests.

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
✟1,159,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Georgia has two seasons: Hot and Wet. We are currently in the Hot season with temps in the upper 90's. If Portland were as hot as Georgia, there would be no protests.
I know it can be pretty stifling. I've been in Houston in the summer more than a couple of times. You gotta wonder if this effect of people chased indoors into air conditioning is part of why the South is being especially hammered by the virus lately.

Of course it's not the only reason!

Millions following Trump's previous example of not wearing a mask in public for months.......We are seeing the outcome of that.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I know it can be pretty stifling. I've been in Houston in the summer more than a couple of times. You gotta wonder if this effect of people chased indoors into air conditioning is part of why the South is being especially hammered by the virus lately.

Of course it's not the only reason!

Millions following Trump's previous example of not wearing a mask in public for months.......We are seeing the outcome of that.
We also go to the beach, nightclubs and outdoor music festivals where we can eat, drink and mingle.... Club Petri Dish is having Sweat t-shirt night this Friday. Yankees get in 1/2 price.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,365.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
We also go to the beach, nightclubs and outdoor music festivals where we can eat, drink and mingle.... Club Petri Dish is having Sweat t-shirt night this Friday. Yankees get in 1/2 price.

This Yankee made it as far south as Maryland and still wonders why anybody kept going any farther.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Halbhh

Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
✟1,159,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This Yankee made it as far south as Maryland and still wonders why anybody kept going any farther.
heh heh....once you've moved around, and not been in home state for years, it's a lot easier to imagine living a bit further norther than Texas.

Of course, many in the North felt they were going South to get warm, heh heh

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,090,726.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
...and got candid answers in reply.

Now, let's see if Biden agrees to the same kind of interview, or if he intends to stay in his basement until November and let TV commercials with mainly still pictures of himself continue to carry the weight of the campaigning. And you know why that is.
Right now Biden's plan of letting Trump lose votes with every heartless thoughtless action and word is very effective.

• Informative
Reactions: KCfromNC
Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,365.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
heh heh....once you've moved around, and not been in home state for years, it's a lot easier to imagine living a bit further norther than Texas.

Of course, many in the North felt they were going South to get warm, heh heh

I was about to say that if one is going to stick to the east coast (which I do/have), then the stretch between NYC & Philly is probably ideal since neither the summers nor winters get too bad...

But then I realized that what I was about to describe as my "ideal" is New Jersey, which..... no.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Before climate change we used to have four seasons. And untaxed liquor.

Upvote 0