the Great Basin
✟329,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
All this tells me is that the incumbent hasn't yet learned how the legislative branch works. Maybe if he had spent less time golfing and retweeting white supremacists?

No, if you notice Trump references the Supreme Court's decision on DACA. Basically, Trump is allegedly using the Supreme Court DACA loss as a roadmap of how to govern. Rather than try and push bills through Congress, he is going to govern by Executive Order. It sounds like he plans to issue an Executive Order to establish "TrumpCare."

The idea here is that Trump can create the news with the Executive Order and fire up his base. Then, the inevitable lawsuits will take years to get to the Supreme Court, likely to a time where Trump is no longer in office (much like DACA and Obama, at least that appears to be Trump's thought).

Upvote 0

loveofourlord

Feb 15, 2014
✟270,357.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The cognitive test or the COVID-19 test?

cognitive, "Come on guys he has to pass it at least once!!! least he got one answer right this time."

No for the last time, remembering his name isn't one of the questions..and he didn't spell it right, he's not donald turnip.

Upvote 0

MIDutch

Apr 3, 2020
Detroit
✟75,674.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
No, if you notice Trump references the Supreme Court's decision on DACA. Basically, Trump is allegedly using the Supreme Court DACA loss as a roadmap of how to govern. Rather than try and push bills through Congress, he is going to govern by Executive Order. It sounds like he plans to issue an Executive Order to establish "TrumpCare."

The idea here is that Trump can create the news with the Executive Order and fire up his base. Then, the inevitable lawsuits will take years to get to the Supreme Court, likely to a time where Trump is no longer in office (much like DACA and Obama, at least that appears to be Trump's thought).
Wasn't Obama signing Executive Orders (because the Republican congress blocked everything he was trying to do) one of the biggest criticisms trump had of Obama's tenure as POTUS?

Upvote 0

SimplyMe

Senior Veteran
Jul 19, 2003
the Great Basin
✟329,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Wasn't Obama signing Executive Orders (because the Republican congress blocked everything he was trying to do) one of the biggest criticisms trump had of Obama's tenure as POTUS?

Kind of like Obama playing golf as President was one of Trump's major criticisms.

Upvote 0

lasthero

Jul 30, 2013
✟229,457.00
Faith
Seeker
I’m just trying to get over the way he talked about World War I & II.

‘Beautiful’. That’s the first word that popped into his mind when he wanted to describe them. ‘Two beautiful World Wars’. And I know it’s just because he’s a clumsy speaker when he’s pressured, but wow.

• Agree
Reactions: whatbogsends
Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟486,822.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I thought the complaints had to do with the color of his suit or the fact that some old dude was confused about his birth certificate.

Upvote 0

Skewpoint

Jul 11, 2019
USA
✟72,362.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
This was interesting:

Donald Trump v Fox News Sunday: extraordinary moments from a wild interview

Trump also made the astounding claim that in two weeks’ time, he will sign a new healthcare plan. On the campaign trail in 2016, he promised to overturn the Affordable Care Act, commonly known as Obamacare, which provides health insurance to those who cannot otherwise afford it. An effort to do so in Congress failed. Late last month – during a pandemic – the White House wrote a brief in support of a lawsuit seeking to bring the ACA down.

Wallace pointed out that in three years, Trump has not unveiled his promised replacement.

Trump responded: “We’re signing a healthcare plan within two weeks, a full and complete healthcare plan that the supreme court decision on DACA [an immigration decision which went against the administration] gave me the right to do.

“So we’re going to solve – we’re going to sign an immigration plan, a healthcare plan, and various other plans. And nobody will have done what I’m doing in the next four weeks.”

two weeks - let's see if it happens.
Well, today's the day! A full and complete healthcare plan! Reporting on it is oddly silent for such a big thing to happen.

Oh well, if it doesn't happen, I guess we can fall back to the wiggle quote below it that he really meant the next FOUR weeks, not two. Surely we'll have one by then. Republicans have only had 8 or so years to come up with one.

• Haha
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

trunks2k

Contributor
Jan 26, 2004
✟270,241.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Republicans have only had 8 or so years to come up with one.

More than that. Obama's first inauguration is a decent time to start the counter. That's when he started pushing for major healthcare reform and actually had the power to do so. That's when republicans should have been coming up with a competing, better idea.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well, today's the day! A full and complete healthcare plan! Reporting on it is oddly silent for such a big thing to happen.

Oh well, if it doesn't happen, I guess we can fall back to the wiggle quote below it that he really meant the next FOUR weeks, not two. Surely we'll have one by then. Republicans have only had 8 or so years to come up with one.
Dang. I was hopeful there would be the dawning of a new era in healthcare. Man, I've been on pins and needles for weeks.

• Optimistic
Reactions: KCfromNC
Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟829,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)

Trump responded: “We’re signing a healthcare plan within two weeks, a full and complete healthcare plan
two weeks - let's see if it happens.

443a04d963c491fae204f930c6f2619e--snoopy-halloween-halloween-party.jpg

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟486,822.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Yep, just like in 2017, he said a new healthplan will be coming and it doesn't.

It was just a lie. Not a surprise.
I don't know if it is fair to call it a lie. Maybe Donald really believed he was able to do the things he said. So it could just be the case that he's a terrible judge of his abilities and not capable of doing his job.

• Agree
Reactions: lasthero
Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟557,952.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,427,484.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jonathan Swan from Axios interviewed Trump and pushed back on the charts and cases that he'd talked about with Chris Wallace and... yikes

...has no concept of "per population"
...intentional refusal to discuss hospital rates or deaths.

"You're not reporting it correctly"

....meanwhile, over a thousand Americans are dying daily....over the last several days (7 day average).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,750,453.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,750,453.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I don't know if it is fair to call it a lie. Maybe Donald really believed he was able to do the things he said. So it could just be the case that he's a terrible judge of his abilities and not capable of doing his job.
Then it was delusional apparently.

Upvote 0

loveofourlord

Feb 15, 2014
✟270,357.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
......this looks like one of those colbert/seth meyer or such interviews where they have someone that looks like trump from the back and pretend it's a real interview.....sadly thats real and trump really is that idiotic.

This is all he has, harp on how they have the lowest case %, rather then amount of hospitalizations, amount of deaths and so on.

Last edited:
Upvote 0