Aug 18, 2012
✟1,428,393.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Chris Wallace challenged the President's claims on several topics in an interview for Fox News Sunday...

Full Interview:
Transcript: Transcript: 'Fox News Sunday' interview with President Trump

A sampling - on the topic of recent violence in American cities and the claim that Biden wants to defund the police:

TRUMP: They run them poorly, it was always bad but now it’s gotten totally out of control and it’s really because they want to defund the police. And Biden wants to defund the police.

WALLACE: No he, sir, he does not.

TRUMP: Look. He signed a charter with Bernie Sanders; I will get that one just like I was right on the mortality rate. Did you read the charter that he agreed to with…

WALLACE: It says nothing about defunding the police.

TRUMP: Oh really? It says abolish, it says -- let’s go. Get me the charter, please.

WALLACE: All right.

TRUMP: Chris, you’ve got to start studying for these.

WALLACE: He says defund the police?

TRUMP: He says defund the police. They talk about abolishing the police. They talk about illegal aliens pouring …

WALLACE: I look, I look forward – I look forward to seeing that.

(...the White House never found such language in the charter, because it doesn't exist)

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Comrades! Who is this Christopher Wallace guy? What is happening to FoxBabeNews? Why is Propaganda Minister Hannity not keeping loyalty people on TV? Who does Wallace think he is, some kind of integrity journalism person? This interrogation was horrible. Need to get rid of dissention like Wallace and bring in loyalists like Sharon Atkisserson.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Chris Wallace challenged the President's claims on several topics in an interview for Fox News Sunday...
...and got candid answers in reply.

Now, let's see if Biden agrees to the same kind of interview, or if he intends to stay in his basement until November and let TV commercials with mainly still pictures of himself continue to carry the weight of the campaigning. And you know why that is.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Now, let's see if Biden agrees to the same kind of interview, or if he intends to stay in his basement until November and let TV commercials with mainly still pictures of himself continue to carry the weight of the campaigning. And you know why that is.
I love it when Trump is candid. He shows his ignorance and deceit so well.

Keep it up. You be YOU, Mister President!

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,428,393.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

...and you're welcome to open a thread on Mr Biden's interview when that occurs. For purposes of this thread, the topics are President Trump responses.

Upvote 0

royal priest

debtor to grace
Nov 1, 2015
Northeast, USA
✟188,924.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married

Full Interview:
Transcript: Transcript: 'Fox News Sunday' interview with President Trump

A sampling - on the topic of recent violence in American cities and the claim that Biden wants to defund the police:

TRUMP: They run them poorly, it was always bad but now it’s gotten totally out of control and it’s really because they want to defund the police. And Biden wants to defund the police.

WALLACE: No he, sir, he does not.

TRUMP: Look. He signed a charter with Bernie Sanders; I will get that one just like I was right on the mortality rate. Did you read the charter that he agreed to with…

WALLACE: It says nothing about defunding the police.

TRUMP: Oh really? It says abolish, it says -- let’s go. Get me the charter, please.

WALLACE: All right.

TRUMP: Chris, you’ve got to start studying for these.

WALLACE: He says defund the police?

TRUMP: He says defund the police. They talk about abolishing the police. They talk about illegal aliens pouring …

WALLACE: I look, I look forward – I look forward to seeing that.

(...the White House never found such language in the charter, because it doesn't exist)
If Joe Biden wasn't blacklisted before this interview, he is now. #woke

Upvote 0

jayem

Naturalist
Jun 24, 2003
St. Louis, MO.
✟374,039.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
A informative fact-check article on Trump’s fallacious assertions about COVID-19 deaths. The man can’t even correctly interpret a chart. Maybe he was misinformed on the difference between mortality and case-fatality rates. Or he’s being purposefully misleading. In any event, the man’s ignorance of medical science is colossal. And exceeded only by his constant, unrestrained lying and self-promotion.

Trump Holds Up a Chart on Fox News That Shows He’s Lying, Then Lies About What It Says

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,047.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Two minutes in:
Bad audio
Horrible makeup
Chris Wallace has to use charts to sell his point
Trump gives phony stats about our COVID mortality rate

This is like watching Jerry Springer trying to moderate a trailer park midget fight where Chris Wallace is Jerry Springer and Trump is both of the midgets.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,047.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
The bit with the chart is a good example of both how Trump is blatantly dishonest and the media can be lazy. They both used incomplete data sets for their claims - Wallace's chart shows us as being #7 on the list, but #7 among what? Among "the most affected countries":
Mortality Analyses

That puts us in the middle of the pack.

Trump's data comes from here:
Coronavirus Pandemic (COVID-19) - Statistics and Research

I don't know what the WH based their list of countries on, but it appears to be close to the default list that comes up when you load the site. Even that selection doesn't put us at #1 (and I would have loved for Wallace to have looked at the paper and asked Trump what the heck he was talking about and if he knows how to read a graph), but when you select all the countries, you see that, again, we're middle of the pack (maybe on the higher end of it, but still within the middle).

Upvote 0

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟283,283.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So typical
"Everybody thought this summer it would go away and it would come back in the fall. Well, when the summer came, they used to say the heat -- the heat was good for it and it really knocks it out, remember? And then it might come back in the fall. So they got that one wrong.
When you have 15 people. And the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."

"Everybody"?? "They" was him!

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟432,900.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
That's gotta be the strangest attempt at defending a candidate who won't face the voters to have come along this year. ^_^
"candid" was your defense of Trump in this interview.

We can talk about Biden, perhaps in another thread.

• Haha
Reactions: cow451
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
"candid" was your defense of Trump in this interview.
He was candid. That's a statement of fact, not a "defense."

Nor would there be any reason to need to offer a defense when the candidate gives straightforward answers to questions asked by an interviewer who is not known to be a supporter of the President.

Biden, by contrast, has no intention of doing that, and it's been reported that his handlers are dead set against letting him try...and thereby blow his chances in one fell swoop.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

whatbogsends

Senior Veteran
Aug 29, 2003
Visit site
✟281,429.00
Faith
Atheist

Nor would there be any reason to need to offer a defense when the candidate gives straightforward answers to questions asked by an interviewer who is not known to be a supporter of the President.

Biden, by contrast, has no intention of doing that, and it's been reported that his handlers are dead set against letting him try...and thereby blow his chances in one fell swoop.

Trump gave straightforward falsehoods in his interviews. He didn't dodge the question, he flatly told falsehood after falsehood, and even presented a chart that showed what he was saying was false.

Quite "candid" indeed.

Upvote 0

jgarden

Senior Veteran
Jan 1, 2004
✟106,405.00
Faith
Methodist
Comrades! Who is this Christopher Wallace guy? What is happening to FoxBabeNews? Why is Propaganda Minister Hannity not keeping loyalty people on TV? Who does Wallace think he is, some kind of integrity journalism person? This interrogation was horrible. Need to get rid of dissention like Wallace and bring in loyalists like Sharon Atkisserson.
With 4 months to go before the 2020 Election, perhaps Wallace has come to the realization that in the post-Trump Era, FOXNEWS will be forced to reinvent itself and the employment prospects for a "Trump stooge" will be limited at best!

Last edited:
Reactions: Jimmy D
Upvote 0

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟283,283.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
With 4 months to go before the 2020 Election, perhaps Wallace has come to the realization that in the post-Trump Era, FOXNEWS will be forced to reinvent itself and the employment prospects for a "Trump stooge" will be limited at best!

And Fox just ain't what it used to be?

TRUMP: I’m not a big fan of “Fox,” I’ll be honest with you. They’ve changed a lot since Roger Ailes.

Upvote 0

Vylo

Stick with the King!
Aug 3, 2003
New Jersey
✟203,465.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

Maybe when his answers are bad, we should regard him as bad, just a thought. Candid lies are still lies. It just shows he can't help but spew nonsense at any given time. Kind of a bad attribute for a president.

Upvote 0