Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
......this looks like one of those colbert/seth meyer or such interviews where they have someone that looks like trump from the back and pretend it's a real interview.....sadly thats real and trump really is that much of a idiot.

That was my first reaction, too, partly because the interviewer's facial expressions were rather exaggerated. I had to watch it for a minute to make sure it wasn't fake.

• Agree
Reactions: GoldenBoy89
Upvote 0

Paulos23

Never tell me the odds!
Mar 23, 2005
Washington State
✟312,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Jonathan Swan from Axios interviewed Trump and pushed back on the charts and cases that he'd talked about with Chris Wallace and... yikes

It is like he is trying to paint the numbers a different way like many business do. The problem is that even if the numbers are going down, I don't see him or his administration doing much to cause them to go down.

Most business leaders I have worked for would try to spin numbers, but not this bad. They would do some spin, but then they would roll up their sleeves and get to work on improving things. Donald doesn't know how to roll up his sleeves.

Upvote 0

CitizenD

Jul 19, 2017
San Francisco
✟100,555.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It is like he is trying to paint the numbers a different way like many business do. The problem is that even if the numbers are going down, I don't see him or his administration doing much to cause them to go down.

Most business leaders I have worked for would try to spin numbers, but not this bad. They would do some spin, but then they would roll up their sleeves and get to work on improving things. Donald doesn't know how to roll up his sleeves.
The Axios interview was deeply disturbing. I watched the whole thing and Trump did not draw a single causal line between administration actions and good performance combating the epidemic.

The man sat there and and tossed out one deceptive or misleading statement after another and the most positive (true) thing he could say about the US Covid response is that we're testing a lot. We're not testing enough, but Trump is OK with "number big. US Good." And to be clear, the administration did not establish a national testing program. There is no test and trace. There is no HIPAA carve out for test and trace. Trump tossed the responsibility for testing to the states after bagging administration plans for national testing program.

That's him in a nutshell: bragging about all the things other people did and taking credit for them.

Example 2: "I shut down the country and it saved a lot of lives."

That's an outright lie. County and state officials shut down commerce. While county and state officials were doing that, Trump was criticizing them.

Example 3: "The United States is lowest in … numerous categories" (with respect to the epidemic)

That is just a lie. Everything he said was an excuse, a lie, a deflection, a deception.

I'm going to say this again, extra loud:

We are 140 days past the initial lock downs and Trump still has no national strategy for fighting the epidemic. There is no national testing program. There is no coherent message coming from the White House. He is constantly lying about progress in the epidemic.

Stop supporting this man, it is getting us killed!

Upvote 0

Paulos23

Never tell me the odds!
Mar 23, 2005
Washington State
✟312,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
We are 140 days past the initial lock downs and Trump still has no national strategy for fighting the epidemic. There is no national testing program. There is no coherent message coming from the White House. He is constantly lying about progress in the epidemic.
Yes, I was trying to be nicer in my post for my own sanity. But yes, he can't face the hard reality that the pandemic is out of control.

• Agree
Reactions: GoldenBoy89
Upvote 0

Tom 1

Optimistic sceptic
Site Supporter
Nov 13, 2017
Tarnaveni
✟818,769.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
...and got candid answers in reply.

?

Sure, he candidly lied repeatedly. Almost everything he says is either simple-minded gibberish or demonstrably untrue. What in the interview counts as a factual, reality-based statement?

• Agree
Reactions: whatbogsends
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

loveofourlord

Feb 15, 2014
✟270,679.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
?

Sure, he candidly lied repeatedly. Almost everything he says is either simple-minded gibberish or demonstrably untrue. What in the interview counts as a factual, reality-based statement?

Yeah watching the original full was even worse, it's almost like the clip we got was his best stuff but geeze.

Lie after lie, and the only things that were true, were trivial and make him look worse.

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟556,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
......this looks like one of those colbert/seth meyer or such interviews where they have someone that looks like trump from the back and pretend it's a real interview.....sadly thats real and trump really is that idiotic.

This is all he has, harp on how they have the lowest case %, rather then amount of hospitalizations, amount of deaths and so on.
I don’t know how many more times we have to have it confirmed to us that satire and parody are dead. The lines between comical fiction and sad reality are gone.

• Agree
Reactions: Paulos23
Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I don’t know how many more times we have to have it confirmed to us that satire and parody are dead. The lines between comical fiction and sad reality are gone.
Say it isn't so, Comrade!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟556,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Say it isn't so, Comrade!
If we can’t hold Trump accountable for the dead Americans under his watch we must not let him get away with killing comedy for generations to come.

• Haha
Reactions: cow451
Upvote 0