Cherokee Indian - Lost Tribes

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Last edited:
Upvote 0

Hoshiyya

Spenglerian
Mar 5, 2013
✟24,676.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
I read that about the Cherokee a couple of years ago. It was from the Cherokee in Missouri. Their DNA tests showed middle eastern, Jewish and a significant number of the Males had the Y chromosome of the Levites/Kohenim.

Not true. Your link doesn't even relate to any DNA test. Just more anecdotes from people who "want to believe" and who apparently have little or no respect for the historical Cherokee and their culture.

Why all the revisionism ?

Why can't we just let Cherokee be Cherokee ?

• Agree
Reactions: BeStill&Know
Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟572,538.44
Faith
Messianic
More Anomalous Mitochondrial DNA Lineages in the Cherokee (October 9, 2014)

Abstract. A purposive sample of individuals who took a mitochondrial DNA test to determine female lineage (n=67) was created from participants in DNA Consultants' Cherokee DNA Project Phase II. Almost all beforehand claimed matrilineal descent from a Native American woman, usually believed to be Cherokee, and often named in genealogy research undertaken by the customer. The majority of subjects revealed "anomalous" haplotypes not previously classified as American Indian. Many matched others in Phase I. Several individuals overcame the barrier of a sealed adoption to find biological relationships, often to other participants. As in Phase I, a Middle Eastern type, haplogroup T, emerged as the most common lineage (19.4% in Phase II, 22.7% overall in the project), followed by H, U and J, all Eurasian types. Sub-Saharan African haplogroup L (9%) was prominent as a minor category. Old Europe haplogroups I, N, V and W occurred in small amounts and should be considered strikingly new, unreported signals of authentic Cherokee ancestry.

- See more at: http://dnaconsultants.com/Cherokee/index.htm#sthash.NuW7C1vY.dpuf

DNA on the Brock Family" reporting that the Y chromosome DNA haplotype of the descendants of the Chief Motoy family in the Cherokees is "demonstrably from the ancient Middle East (and likely Jewish)," similar, in fact, to the Cohen Modal Haplotype of Old Testament priests. -

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Hoshiyya

Spenglerian
Mar 5, 2013
✟24,676.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Almost all beforehand claimed matrilineal descent from a Native American woman, usually believed to be Cherokee, and often named in genealogy research undertaken by the customer. The majority of subjects revealed "anomalous" haplotypes not previously classified as American Indian.-

So what you're telling me is a bunch of people who weren't native Americans took a DNA test, which apparently also revealed they weren't native American. Fascinating.

Upvote 0

Adje

Feb 15, 2016
L.A.
✟7,612.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
I am just so sick of that idea that somehow everyone is lying .
first of all there is a lady Named Queen Aliquippa who's first husband was Oconostota Beloved man of Chota and 1/2 king of the nation , then her great great grandma was Lady Cofitachiqui Queen of the CATAWBA ( GOOGLE DESOTO ) a Siouan speaking people , they were sundancers like mayans who all had been Menaced by Menes . Then add about 1400 years and in her same clan and not her grandma but a cousin Queen Yolik'nal of the Mayan came from North America also so called "sun worshipers" but that is another story . the lady known as Lady Cofitachiqui ( this is not her name , it is what she is called by Desoto) escaped at the Coosa River , her confederation of thus mixed tribes became known as the Creeks.
see Cornstock and history and he dies while living with the Creeks as well as Attakullkulla dies with the Creeks . because they are one and the same man, and not really cherokee only remembered most as that name and as Cherokee , of course everyone wanted to steal his identity and make it their own . because most of the few offspring who lived were known as Cherokee-ish ( though rejected by the cherokee by clan laws they didn't even hold too ) they were children and grandchildren of Half king Oconostota the beloved man of Chota .

SO by clan they were not really cherokee any of them . Aliquippa oldest daughter Ollie/ Alli Nionee's husband who was Elected king of many tribes including the Cherokee . He was murdered in cold blood under a flag of truce .
But Queen Aliquippa and her twin sister Snow in Face (mother or grandmother of Tecumpsey )was Abducted to 6 nations and Alliquippa died being known as Seneca and Onondaga , Snow died being known as Shawnee . their kids and grandkids the few who survived yellow creek and the Paxtons ( see Conostoga affair at William Penns) , a Few were known as Onondaga ( Logan and Petty ) also said they had cherokee blood , shawnee ( Tecumseh - Collins and and I think Bayless or Bails/ Bales sp? also known to have cherokee blood ) , most of the few who survived were known as Creek or Cherokee part bloods most where full blooded but not full blooded cherokee . the rest died and murdered with in just 25 years of Aliquippa excepting tribute from George Washington these include great men like Chief Logan and his family and all of the Andaste/Conostoga living at William Penns who were murder in cold blood. that tribute that won't happen ever again!
you see there was princesses and truly Queens from ancient authorities , but they just weren't really cherokee, they were related to a few great cherokee , the Beloved man of Chota and to Moytoy's family but they were not , not cherokee on the female line .
so before you say something like that again.
please just don't !

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Hoshiyya

Spenglerian
Mar 5, 2013
✟24,676.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
The oldest connections by blood is through the Hittites, thus Jews and Cherokee share matrilineal connections and why both people are or were traced by the female line.

Yes, and furthermore, the Cherokee and the Irish share a patrilineal connection through the Australian Aboriginees.

/s

• Haha
Reactions: Open Heart
Upvote 0

pinacled

walking with the Shekinah
Apr 29, 2015
United states
✟171,798.77
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Adje, if you wish to promote a book or something of the like then be clear. Otherwise be careful when walking the black path. It is only meant for one of the 4
You see there are 12 to the counsel of Elders and 4 hold dear to memory all the children of?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

visionary

Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟572,538.44
Faith
Messianic
From Chapter 4, “DNA,” Old Souls in a New World: The Secret History of the Cherokee Indians, by Donald N. Panther-Yates (Cherokee Chapbooks 7; Phoenix: Panther’s Lodge, 2013) ISBN-13: 978-0615892337

Few people know it but Elvis Presley claimed to be Jewish and Cherokee. A DNA test run on a rare specimen of his in 2004 bore this out. Both of Elvis’ assertions were based on the ancestry of his mother, Gladys Love Smith. Growing up in Memphis, Elvis went to summer camp through the Jewish community center. When his mother died, he took care to have her grave marked with a Star of David (since removed). He studied Judaism increasingly in later years and to the end of his life wore a chai necklace, symbol of Jewish life. Published genealogies take Gladys’ strict maternal line back to great-great grandmother Nancy Burdine, a professed Jewess born in Kentucky, whose mother was White Dove, a reputed fullblood. Through his mother’s direct female line, Elvis was a Jewish Indian, an American Indian Jew.

Upvote 0

Norbert L

Supporter
Mar 1, 2009
✟560,360.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
The way I see it, science can get in the way of the simple truth.

It can be estimated that on the average, there are 70 generations of parents between our civilization of the earth and that during the Roman civilization on this earth. We all can imagine being in one room with another 140 people who would be our parents and parents of parents.

In my view, the using of DNA can be one of things that are too scientifically minded that they are of no earthly good type of things.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

visionary

Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟572,538.44
Faith
Messianic
Interesting development is happening to the native people. The ANNA Call is a gathering of the Body of Christ to historic Tahlequah, OK, the tragic terminus of forced relocation known as the Trail of Tears. http://www.thecall.com/event/anna-call

As you know the oil company pipeline has been making its way through the reservation. It has sparked a uniting of native americans like never before. What is interesting is that captured only a few weeks ago in our nation's National Archives, the photo reveals a small but remarkable discovery. It made no headlines, but wound around a wooden spool and bound with red fabric in the official government fashion of the day, the scroll depicted in this picture was determined to be a petition of signatures presented to Congress in 1881. Such directly submitted petitions were almost never read or acted upon. Instead, they remained "bound" with red tape, often tabled indefinitely. http://www.charismanews.com/politic...-call-could-shift-america-before-the-election

This is an answer to prayer and boost to the faith that God is with them on this issue.

Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
The Cherokee word for the Great Spirit is " hey Yah ha Way Ah."
1. No one knows how to pronounce the tetramgrammaton.

2. I'd like to see your source for this rumor.

3. I seriously doubt that after thousands of years the Cherokee language would preserve this even if the DNA claims were true.

Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
Folks, I'm not a geneticist so it's hard for me to make heads or tails of this. All I can say is that I've read articles on both sides of this: both stuff that says Cherokees are the lost tribes, and stuff that says all that is fraud. I would like to note that the folks pushing for the DNA link are Mormons trying to document that Native Americans are indeed the Lost Tribes as the Book of Mormon teaches. I'm sure you know that Israel sends out researchers all over the globe looking for lost Jews. But Jewish researchers are pretty unanimous that Cherokee claims to be Israel have insufficient proof.

Upvote 0