Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The Bat Creek Stone was discovered in 1889 in an undisturbed burial mound in Eastern Tennessee by the Smithsonian's Mound Survey project.

In 1971, Cyrus Gordon identified the letters inscribed on the stone as Paleo-Hebrew of approximately the first or second century A.D. According to him, the five letters to the left of the comma-shaped word divider read, from right to left, LYHWD, or "for Judea."

Current thinking is that it's a forgery. The inscription appears to be copied from a picture in the 1868 General History, Cyclopedia and Dictionary of Freemasonry, which attempts to show (not quite correctly) what קדש ליהוה would look like in paleo-Hebrew:

520px-Bat_Creek_Exam_5-28-10.JPG

520px-Macoy_Masonic_Hebrew_with_text_1868_p134.jpg

• Agree
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
The Cherokee do not write in ancient Hebrew. Their written language is new, developed by Sequoyah in the early 1800's, who was inspired for his letters from many different sources.

cherokee_syl.gif

Upvote 0

Hank77

Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,099,038.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Exactly. If people would learn their American History (if it hasn't been revised right out of the books) Columbus was traveling at the same time as the spanish inquisition, which led to scores of sephardic Jews taking ships to the new world. I am of this heritage myself, on my mothers side. A Taino Jew, because my Jewish ancestors from Spain came to Puerto Rico and married Taino natives.

Many of these sephardi traveled as far as the Rio Grande, and were/are known as crypto-Jews. For hiding their Jewish roots.

But the whole pre-american visits from the tribes of Israel, probably not.....

BTW, the Cherokee nation is one of the most interbreed tribes of the americas. They were almost interbread out of existence, so they were offered land in the SE. Then everyone with a drop of Cherokee was trying to get something. In america being part Cherokee is like being part Irish, or Italian....your bound to find one in 5 (persay) that have the blood.
Yes, DNA testing has shown that among the Hispanic and Latino populations is where the greatest number of Jewish genetic pointers are found. I would suspect that is because of the early Spanish and Portuguese explorers to the islands, Mexico, and south.
Speaking of history, there were Jewish settlements as early as the 13 colonies. Rhode Island was the first colony to offer them equality along with freedom of religion when the colony was founded.
http://www.history.com/topics/roger-williams

• Agree
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hank77

Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,099,038.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Scientists have labeled the Cherokees not as Native Americans, but as a Middle Eastern-North African population. Cherokees have high levels of test markers associated with the Berbers, native Egyptians, Turks, Lebanese, Hebrews and Mesopotamians. Genetically, they are more Jewish than the typical American Jew of European ancestry. So-called “full-blooded” Cherokees have high levels of European DNA and a trace of Asiatic (Native American) DNA. Their skin color and facial features are primarily Semitic in origin, not Native American. Read the reports at:

Anomalous Mitochondrial DNA Lineages in the Cherokee
This link is not working.

Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
I've heard that Jesus revealed himself to the Native Americans. Do you think that's true?
Joseph Smith made this up and wrote it into the book of Mormon. It is not historical. It boggles my brain that some Christians today have succumbed to Mormon propaganda.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
Yes, DNA testing has shown that among the Hispanic and Latino populations is where the greatest number of Jewish genetic pointers are found. I would suspect that is because of the early Spanish and Portuguese explorers to the islands, Mexico, and south.
This is because many of the Crypto Jews (Jews who converted to Christianity rather than go into exile when Ferdinand and Isabella conquered Spain) eventually emigrated to the New World when they found that the Inquisition looked for Jews for whom the conversion was not genuine.

• Informative
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟572,538.44
Faith
Messianic
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
  • Agree
Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
This is what the Mormons believe.

According to Brigham Young: "There is a curse on these aborigines of our country who roam the plains, and are so wild that you cannot tame them. They are of the House of Israel; they once had the Gospel delivered to them, they had the oracles of truth; Jesus came and administered to them after his resurrection, and they received and delighted in the Gospel until the fourth generation when they turned away and became so wicked that God cursed them with this dark and benighted and loathsome condition." [Quoted from
Discourses of Brigham Young, compiled by John A. Widtsoe, pages 122, 123.]

Ancient America

The Book of Mormon is a history, both chronological and religious, of several groups of people who were led to the Americas through the influence of the Lord. Two groups-Lehi and his family and friends; and Mulek and his family and friends-were led out of Jerusalem in about 600 B.C. to escape the Babylonian Captivity. Lehi was a prophet, one of many, called to warn of the impending destruction of Jerusalem and to call the citizens of Judah to repentance. Mulek was a son of Zedekiah, king of Judah. These two groups knew nothing of each other until they had already established cities in the New World. When they encountered each other, they joined into one society. They discovered the remnants of a destroyed society, called the Jaredites, who had been led to America upon the destruction of the Tower of Babel. Lehi said,

But, said he, notwithstanding our afflictions, we have obtained a land of promise, a land which is choice above all other lands; a land which the Lord God hath covenanted with me should be a land for the inheritance of my seed. Yea, the Lord hath covenanted this land unto me, and to my children forever, and also all those who should be led out of other countries by the hand of the Lord.

Wherefore, I, Lehi, prophesy according to the workings of the Spirit which is in me, that there shall none come into this land save they shall be brought by the hand of the Lord.

Wherefore, this land is consecrated unto him whom he shall bring. And if it so be that they shall serve him according to the commandments which he hath given, it shall be a land of liberty unto them; wherefore, they shall never be brought down into captivity; if so, it shall be because of iniquity; for if iniquity shall abound cursed shall be the land for their sakes, but unto the righteous it shall be blessed forever.

And behold, it is wisdom that this land should be kept as yet from the knowledge of other nations; for behold, many nations would overrun the land, that there would be no place for an inheritance (2 Nephi 1:5-8).

The Book of Mormon peoples lived according to the Law of Moses, but they looked forward to the coming of Jesus Christ to fulfill that law, according to the teachings of the Book of Mormon prophets. Christ visited these people after His death and resurrection and organized His Church among them. For over two hundred years the people lived in peace and prosperity, as they adhered sincerely to the teachings of Christ. But gradually they descended into wickedness and set out to destroy their enemies. One group, the Nephites, was destroyed by another group, the Lamanites. The Lamanites warred among themselves for hundreds of years after, becoming progenitors of some of the tribes of American Indians. Of this impending wickedness and destruction the Book of Mormon records.

But behold, when the time cometh that they shall dwindle in unbelief, after they have received so great blessings from the hand of the Lord-having a knowledge of the creation of the earth, and all men, knowing the great and marvelous works of the Lord from the creation of the world; having power given them to do all things by faith; having all the commandments from the beginning, and having been brought by his infinite goodness into this precious land of promise-behold, I say, if the day shall come that they will reject the Holy One of Israel, the true Messiah, their Redeemer and their God, behold, the judgments of him that is just shall rest upon them. Yea, he will bring other nations unto them, and he will give unto them power, and he will take away from them the lands of their possessions, and he will cause them to be scattered and smitten (2 Nephi 1:10, 11).

The Mormon View of America

According to Joseph Smith, the Jews came here during the Babylonian captivity. According to history, The Jews that did come here, came with Christopher Columbus, and other explorers.

• Winner
Reactions: Shimshon
Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
According to Joseph Smith, the Jews came here during the Babylonian captivity. According to history, The Jews that did come here, came with Christopher Columbus, and other explorers.
Thank you for your long summation of Mormon teaching on the Native Americans. It is of course complete hogwash, but we need to know it so that we can recognize it when it surfaces in unexpected places, such as among fellow believers. As you state above, genuine history records that any Jews that came here came With Christopher Columbus and later.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟572,538.44
Faith
Messianic
Thank you for your long summation of Mormon teaching on the Native Americans. It is of course complete hogwash, but we need to know it so that we can recognize it when it surfaces in unexpected places, such as among fellow believers. As you state above, genuine history records that any Jews that came here came With Christopher Columbus and later.
While I agree with the hogwash of the Mormon teaching regarding this issue, as this discover indicate that there is some history on American soil of exodus proportions. . In November of 1860, David Wyrick of Newark, Ohio found an inscribed stone in a burial mound about 10 miles south of Newark. The stone is inscribed on all sides with a condensed version of the Ten Commandments or Decalogue, in a peculiar form of post-Exilic square Hebrew letters. Oldest known 10 Commandments is in America, in Ancient Hebrew Script-From time of king Solomon

Upvote 0