Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
While I agree with the hogwash of the Mormon teaching regarding this issue, as this discover indicate that there is some history on American soil of exodus proportions. . In November of 1860, David Wyrick of Newark, Ohio found an inscribed stone in a burial mound about 10 miles south of Newark. The stone is inscribed on all sides with a condensed version of the Ten Commandments or Decalogue, in a peculiar form of post-Exilic square Hebrew letters. Oldest known 10 Commandments is in America, in Ancient Hebrew Script-From time of king Solomon
It is known to be a fraud.

• Agree
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Hi,

I was just informed that the Native American Cherokee Nation has been identified as being one of the lost tribes of Israel through DNA testing and ancient writing that they were in possession of. I found this fascinating because I have Cherokee ancestry. I am more white than Native American, but I have always felt an affinity to the Cherokee.

If someone were to find that they did have some biological link to Jews, would it be reasonable for them to learn about messianic Judaism or just stick to being a former gentile born again and converted to Christianity?

This fits with this article....

Ecuador

Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
Not according the the Ohio University. The Newark "Holy Stones"
I went to your site. "According to James L. Murphy of Ohio State University, "Large white crinoid stems are common in the Upper Mercer and Boggs limestone units in Muskingum Co. and elsewhere, and these limestones are often very dark gray to black in color. You could find such rock at the Forks of the Muskingum at Zanesville, though the Upper Mercer limestones do not outcrop much further up the Licking." We therefore need not look any farther than the next county over to find a potential source for the stone, contrary to the previous assertion here that such limestone is not common in Ohio."

IOW, a fraud.

Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,142.44
Faith
Messianic
I went to your site. "According to James L. Murphy of Ohio State University, "Large white crinoid stems are common in the Upper Mercer and Boggs limestone units in Muskingum Co. and elsewhere, and these limestones are often very dark gray to black in color. You could find such rock at the Forks of the Muskingum at Zanesville, though the Upper Mercer limestones do not outcrop much further up the Licking." We therefore need not look any farther than the next county over to find a potential source for the stone, contrary to the previous assertion here that such limestone is not common in Ohio."

IOW, a fraud.
Doesn't change the "handwriting on the wall"... Hebrew test on stone

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,106,010.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If someone is going to create a fraud, of course it's going to have Hebrew text on a stone.
Could it be that it originally came from one of the early Spanish explorers, some of which had Jewish backgrounds?

• Optimistic
Reactions: visionary
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
Could it be that it originally came from one of the early Spanish explorers, some of which had Jewish backgrounds?
It's been a long time since I researched it, but if I remember correctly, the best evidence seemed to be in the mid 1800's. IOW, the likelihood that it was a Mormon creating fraudulent evidence to back up the claim from the Book of Mormon that the Indians were Israelites seems most probable.

• Useful
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
That same someone would have a purpose.
Yes, you are absolutely right. When I last looked into this, the experts believed that this was an example of a fraudulent artifact created by a zealous Mormon trying to persuade others that the Book of Mormon was true.

Upvote 0

Lulav

Y'shua is His Name
Aug 24, 2007
✟494,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
I haven't had time to read through this whole thread so apologies if it's already been posted. I know we've talked about this many times over the years, I've found threads dating back to 2008 and beyond.

I've recently come across this video and heard some things I never heard before so thought some might like this information, especially if you live in the southern states.

Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
I wish this subject would just drop.
  1. There is no archaeological evidence linking the Cherokee to Israel--except stuff we know to be Mormon frauds, trying to prove the book of Mormon.
  2. The Cherokee written language is recently made up by Sequoia in 1821, who got inspiration for his 86 symbols from all sorts of different sources, including making some shapes up just out of his own imagination. Any similarity of modern Cherokee written language to Hebrew does NOT mean there is an Israelite past.
  3. All the genetic testing has shown NO LINK between Native Americans and Semitic peoples.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
I'm guessing you didn't watch the videos, it had nothing about what you are objecting to in it.

This article is interesting in light of your point #3

Israeli researchers: Group of Colorado Indians have genetic Jewish ...
www.haaretz.com
I really would have liked to have read it, but you need a subscription.

From the blurb, it looks like the common mutation is shared with the Ashkenazi, so there is no link with any "lost 10 tribes." The simplest explanation is that there was intermarriage a while back.

Gosh at first I thought it said Anesazi, and I was like, Whu? LOL

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,106,010.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,106,010.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I really would have liked to have read it, but you need a subscription.

From the blurb, it looks like the common mutation is shared with the Ashkenazi, so there is no link with any "lost 10 tribes." The simplest explanation is that there was intermarriage a while back.

Gosh at first I thought it said Anesazi, and I was like, Whu? LOL
I think the page came up and then a box to subscribe but you can close the box without subscribing.
Warning - my FireFox browser didn't like this site. I had to exit the internet completely and go back in after reading the article.

Upvote 0