CA state senator under quarantine speaks maskless at capitol prayer with 3x the allowed attendees

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,430,850.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I agree but when you see government go out of its way to burden us its a problem. Churches depend on funds to stay open. They have to pay bills also.

Everyday we see thousands in the streets and its not seen as a problem but when Christians do it all of a sudden its a big deal. Now why would that be?

There are a variety of ways to contribute without passing a physical offering plate. The presidential candidates collectively raised 500+ million dollars last month...guessing most of that was on-line.

As for the implied discrimination -- are there instances where other organizations were allowed assemble people indoors without penalty from the local authorities?

Upvote 0

Arc F1

Let the righteous man arise from slumber
Site Supporter
Mar 14, 2020
Kentucky
✟146,863.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There are a variety of ways to contribute without passing a physical offering plate. The presidential candidates collectively raised 500+ million dollars last month...guessing most of that was on-line.

As for the implied discrimination -- are there instances where other organizations were allowed assemble people indoors without penalty from the local authorities?

I read an article the other day about government gyms being open while closing public ones. I'm sure a simple search will show more examples. The outrage in this article is about being outside. Anyone who sees the riots as good and Christians gathering outside as bad would like to see Christians gone. The only ones that I see having this bias are on the left.

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟556,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Nobody died until March 18? Amazing. Lol
See how there’s two distinct spikes? The first is from our initial poor response to the virus and the second is from efforts to prematurely reopen and force the country back to normal coupled with all the protests and marches in the streets. Make no mistake... this failure isn’t partisan. It’s on all of us as a country that we’ve failed in our response to the pandemic.

• Agree
Reactions: pgp_protector
Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟556,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I read an article the other day about government gyms being open while closing public ones. I'm sure a simple search will show more examples. The outrage in this article is about being outside. Anyone who sees the riots as good and Christians gathering outside as bad would like to see Christians gone. The only ones that I see having this bias are on the left.
Do you know anyone who thinks riots are a good thing? I don’t.

Upvote 0

Arc F1

Site Supporter
Mar 14, 2020
Kentucky
✟146,863.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Do you know anyone who thinks riots are a good thing? I don’t.

I see people justify them all the time. Didn't one of the Blm people say that stealing was OK?

Upvote 0

Arc F1

Site Supporter
Mar 14, 2020
Kentucky
✟146,863.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
See how there’s two distinct spikes? The first is from our initial poor response to the virus and the second is from efforts to prematurely reopen and force the country back to normal coupled with all the protests and marches in the streets. Make no mistake... this failure isn’t partisan. It’s on all of us as a country that we’ve failed in our response to the pandemic.

Let's go back a little farther and say that had we not done business with a communist country and shut them down years ago we wouldn't be here dealing with the virus. People like to blame whoever fits their bias. Trump is a target for the left so they try to pin it all on him.

Upvote 0

Arc F1

Site Supporter
Mar 14, 2020
Kentucky
✟146,863.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Do you personally know anyone that believes riots are a good thing?

Yes I do. She thinks it's what the rich people deserve. They deserve to have their stores burned. I also know a guy that thinks they should go farther and attack all Trump supporters.

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟556,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Let's go back a little farther and say that had we not done business with a communist country and shut them down years ago we wouldn't be here dealing with the virus. People like to blame whoever fits their bias. Trump is a target for the left so they try to pin it all on him.
Who on earth would believe cutting off China would have in any way prevented an airborne virus from spreading around the world? Do you realize the virus came in from all over and not just one single country? Regardless of how it got here, that doesn’t change the US having one of the worst national responses to this crisis that has affected every country on earth in some form or another. Look at the second spike. That’s once the virus was already here and spreading and we had people (like the president) encouraging states to open up and people to go back to normal. That’s not China’s fault. That’s us.

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟556,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Yes I do. She thinks it's what the rich people deserve. They deserve to have their stores burned. I also know a guy that thinks they should go farther and attack all Trump supporters.
Well those people sound extremely stupid. I try to avoid people like that in my life.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Arc F1

Site Supporter
Mar 14, 2020
Kentucky
✟146,863.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Who on earth would believe cutting off China would have in any way prevented an airborne virus from spreading around the world? Do you realize the virus came in from all over and not just one single country? Regardless of how it got here, that doesn’t change the US having one of the worst national responses to this crisis that has affected every country on earth in some form or another.

We don't have the worst crisis we have the worst reporting. Why don't we report any other diseases this way? We don't list underlying causes as the primary. Why is that?

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟556,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
We don't have the worst crisis we have the worst reporting. Why don't we report any other diseases this way? We don't list underlying causes as the primary. Why is that?
Because that’s just how deaths are recorded, really. To use my dad as an example, he had lung cancer and died after a year and a half of treatment for lung cancer (this was 15 years ago, mind you) but on his death certificate it doesn’t say he died of lung cancer, it says he died of complications from pneumonia. He had a pre-existing condition (lung cancer) but it was actually a viral infection in his lungs that complicated things and led to his early death. That’s what’s happening to far too many Covid patients. They have some underlying health problem and then they catch this virus that makes it incredibly difficult to recover from and they die and it’s the viral infection that actually killed them that gets listed on the death certificate.

Upvote 0

Arc F1

Site Supporter
Mar 14, 2020
Kentucky
✟146,863.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Because that’s just how deaths are recorded, really. To use my dad as an example, he had lung cancer and died after a year and a half of treatment for lung cancer (this was 15 years ago, mind you) but on his death certificate it doesn’t say he died of lung cancer, it says he died of complications from pneumonia. He had a pre-existing condition (lung cancer) but it was actually a viral infection in his lungs that complicated things and led to his early death. That’s what’s happening to far too many Covid patients. They have some underlying health problem and then they catch this virus that makes it incredibly difficult to recover from and they die and it’s the viral infection that actually killed them that gets listed on the death certificate.

That's not at all how it's being reported. Just last week we had a guy in a car accident that was blamed for covid. People are being listed as positive without even being positive on the test. If a person dies from pneumonia and had covid the primary cause is listed as covid not pneumonia. I don't think they've even come out with this year's death rate from the flu because all people are being reported for is covid.

My wife had to quarantine even though she tested negative twice because I had covid. She was listed by the health department as being a positive case.

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟487,195.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I agree but when you see government go out of its way to burden us its a problem.
Just to be clear, the government isn't going out of its way to burden churches. Instead, people who have religion as their hobby are facing the exact same burden as any other secular group with similar leisure-time activities.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟494,075.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
How would you suggest the US should have "shut down" china? Thermonuclear bombs?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Arc F1

Site Supporter
Mar 14, 2020
Kentucky
✟146,863.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How would you suggest the US should have "shut down" china? Thermonuclear bombs?

I wouldn't go that far. It's not the peoples fault. I wouldn't have done business with them and wouldn't allow travel. Would have, should have, could have, I know anything is possible and we could still be in the same situation.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

Apr 14, 2007
✟494,075.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
I wouldn't go that far. It's not the peoples fault. I wouldn't have done business with them and wouldn't allow travel. Would have, should have, could have, I know anything is possible and we could still be in the same situation.
Would you also support preventing other countries from doing business with china?

Upvote 0

Arc F1

Site Supporter
Mar 14, 2020
Kentucky
✟146,863.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Would you also support preventing other countries from doing business with china?

Yes. We need to do all we can to stop communism. We should have been doing this all along instead of fighting for oil. We never seem to end up helping people even though we say thats what we stand for.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

Apr 14, 2007
✟494,075.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Yes. We need to do all we can to stop communism. We should have been doing this all along instead of fighting for oil. We never seem to end up helping people even though we say thats what we stand for.
What do you think of the CIA-backed coup on salvadore allende in chile?

• Optimistic
Reactions: Pommer
Upvote 0