Biden record of dealing with Pandemic - consistent with no Covid testing at border

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
President Biden's undeniable record:
===============================

Some folks apparently do not like the fact that Biden lets immigrants in without being tested for COVID:

Tucker Carlson: Under Biden, you need a negative COVID test to enter US -- unless you're an illegal alien

Well one explanation might be -- "because that is exactly how he handled SWINE Flu"

Biden has fought a pandemic before. It did not go smoothly.

“It is purely a fortuity that this isn’t one of the great mass casualty events in American history,” Ron Klain, who was Biden’s chief of staff at the time, said of H1N1 in 2019. “It had nothing to do with us doing anything right. It just had to do with luck. If anyone thinks that this can’t happen again, they don’t have to go back to 1918, they just have to go back to 2009, 2010 and imagine a virus with a different lethality, and you can just do the math on that.”

CDC estimated that 151,700-575,400 people worldwide died from (H1N1)pdm09 virus infection during the first year the virus circulated

Klain said “we did everything possible – wrong” – 60 million Americans contracted H1N1 in that period of time.

2009 H1N1 Swine Flu Pandemic: We Did Every Possible Thing Wrong

============ transcript and discussion

Levin: 60 Million Americans Got Swine Flu, Obama and Biden Stopped Testing

Ron Klain: I just have a couple things, I was in the White House in 2009-2010. I was working for Vice President Biden, I wasn’t involved directly in the H1N1 response, but I lived through it as a White House staffer. And what I will say about it is -- a bunch of really talented, really good people working on it and we did every possible thing wrong and 60 million Americans got H1N1 in that period of time.

Klain: “And it's just purely a fortuity that this isn't one of the great mass casualty events in American history. It had nothing to do with us doing anything right. It just had to do with luck. And so if anyone thinks that this can't happen again, they don't have to go back to 1918. They just have to go back to 2009, 2010. Imagine a virus with a different lethality, and you can just do the math on that.”

So Biden says in effect "see!! I know what I am doing -- let me take the wheel"... after Trump worked with industry to get vaccines out in absolute world-record-time as well as shutting down the country to a great extent to protect against the pandemic. Hint "I don't remember wearing masks during the Obama Biden Admin"

... more from that link above..

“In late July,” so I repeat, “in late July, the CDC abruptly advised states to stop testing for the H1N1 flu and stop counting individual cases.”

That was Sharyl Attkisson for CBS News, reported in 2009.

“The rationale given for the CDC guidance to forego testing and tracking individual cases was 'why waste resources testing for the swine flu when the government has already confirmed that there is an epidemic?'” Sharyl Attkinson reported, ”some public health officials privately disagreed with the decision to stop testing and counting, telling CBS that continued tracking of this new and possibly changing virus was important because H1N1 has a different epidemiology, affects younger people more than seasonal flu, and has been shown to have a higher case fatality rate than other flu virus strains.”

But Obama, Biden said no more testing, therefore no more reporting on the consequences

=============================

By contrast President Trump's 2020 plan included
  • shut down the travel from China ,
  • tell Americans to shelter in place,
  • temporarily shut down the economy to just essential workers,
  • put industry on war-time footing so it would re-tool for PPE production
  • and make massive advancements in vaccine technology
  • Create new therapeutics like the polyclonal antibodies etc
  • Follow guidelines for zinc, vitamin D etc.

February 7:President Trump tells Bob Woodward, This is Dangerous Stuff.” And the President’ was focusing on the virus. Trump told Woodward that the night before, he’d spoken to Chinese President Xi Jinping about the virus. Woodward quotes Trump as saying, “We’ve got a little bit of an interesting setback with the virus going in China.” “It goes through the air,” Trump said. “That’s always tougher than the touch. You don’t have to touch things. Right? But the air, you just breathe the air, and that’s how it’s passed. And so that’s a very tricky one. That’s a very delicate one. It’s also more deadly than even your strenuous flus.”

================ timeline

Jan 31 - President Trump bans/restricts travel from China (democrats complain).
Feb 2 - first Covid death outside of China reported.
Feb 24 - Pelosi without a mask , and no social distancing - saying 'come to china town'
Feb 29 - first death of a US COVID patient
March 15 - CDC recommends no large gatherings. so 15 or less allowed.
March/April States issue shelter in place orders

Jan 22, 2020 - Democrats in congress stay focused on impeachment.
https: // www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-01-22/more-sparring-likely-before-house-makes-case-impeachment-update

=========================================
Feb 2020 - impeachment was too important to be bothered with COVID concerns.

"Back then, the potentially catastrophic nature of the outbreak was still not widely understood. On Jan. 24, at the urging of Sen. Lamar Alexander (R-Tenn.), administration officials held a briefing for the full Senate. But the classified session was sparsely attended, two Senate aides said, because it was put together at the last minute and was held on the same day as a deadline for senators to submit their impeachment questions. Only about 14 of them showed up.

“The initial thought from the Dems, I think, is that we were trying to distract from impeachment,” a GOP Senate aide said. A White House official recalled feeling surprised at the “incredibly” poor attendance, noting that it came “even though the amount of concern expressed then was rather intense.”

From distraction to disaster: How coronavirus crept up on Washington

Last edited:

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Biden got more votes than any President in all of time - but also had less than 50% approval - his first day in office, and did not get many people showing up at his rallies/campaigns the last month or so of the election process in line with that less-than-50% number, and was booed at the Super Bowl.

Then we combine that with the fact that he claims his record of dealing with pandemic shows that it is time to "move over and let Biden drive for a while".

It all makes perfect sense for a President that got more votes than any President ever - ... at least to a great many folks.

Timeline

Jan 31 - President Trump bans/restricts travel from China (democrats complain).
Feb 2 - first Covid death outside of China reported.
Feb 29 - first death of a US COVID patient
March 15 - CDC recommends no large gatherings. so 15 or less allowed.
March/April States issue shelter in place orders

reality.. what a concept

VERY instructive Timeline
  • February 1 – Biden tweets about the CoronaVirus, accusing President Trump of ignoring the science, and acting based on “hysteria, xenophobia, and fear-mongering.”
  • February 1 – Speaking at a campaign town hall in Iowa, Biden brought up the CoronaVirus and says, “we don’t know exactly where it’s going to go yet.” He again implicitly criticized President Trump’s restrictions on travel from China by saying, “Disease has no borders.”
  • February 4: President Trump vowed in his State of the Union Address to “take all necessary steps” to protect Americans from the CoronaVirus–Nancy Pelosi must have hated that promise because she ripped up her copy.
  • February 5: The end of the first annual Democratic Party Impeachment hoax. The Senate votes to acquit President Trump.
  • February 6: Biden Public Health Advisory Committee member Dr. Irwin Redlener said, “Yes, there is uncertainty, and the headlines are dramatic. But right now, the chances of any of us or anyone we know ever getting a severe, potentially lethal form of the Wuhan virus is negligible.”
  • February 7: Biden Public Health Advisory Committee member Lisa Monaco wrote, “The good news thus far is that the CoronaVirus appears to be less lethal than its viral cousin SARS was in 2002 and far less lethal than Ebola was in 2014.”
  • February 7:President Trump tells Bob Woodward, This is Dangerous Stuff.” And the President’ was focusing on the virus. Trump told Woodward that the night before, he’d spoken to Chinese President Xi Jinping about the virus. Woodward quotes Trump as saying, “We’ve got a little bit of an interesting setback with the virus going in China.” “It goes through the air,” Trump said. “That’s always tougher than the touch. You don’t have to touch things. Right? But the air, you just breathe the air, and that’s how it’s passed. And so that’s a very tricky one. That’s a very delicate one. It’s also more deadly than even your strenuous flus.”
  • February 11: The Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) announces an expanded partnership with Janssen Research & Development to “expedite the development” of a CoronaVirus vaccine.
  • February 11 – Top Biden advisor, now WH Cheif of Staff, Ron Klain said, “A serious epidemic – now, the CoronaVirus may be that, it may not be that. The evidence suggests it’s probably not that.”
  • February 11 – Top Biden advisor Ron Klain spoke about the Trump team’s reaction to the virus saying, “Obviously the administration can’t do nothing. Indeed, they are far from doing nothing.”
  • February 13 – Top Biden advisor Ron Klain said, “We don’t have a COVID-19 epidemic in the U.S., but we are starting to see a fear epidemic. Kudos to [Mayor Bill de Blasio] (and others) for standing against that.” He was encouraging people to go shopping or out to eat in Chinatown.
from; Correcting MSM and Team Biden's CoronaVirus Lies-Two Feb. 2020 Weeks In COVID History - The Lid

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

God is perfect - Nothing is an accident
Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟572,954.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
President Biden's undeniable record:
===============================

Some folks apparently do not like the fact that Biden lets immigrants in without being tested for COVID:

Tucker Carlson: Under Biden, you need a negative COVID test to enter US -- unless you're an illegal alien

Well one explanation might be -- "because that is exactly how he handled SWINE Flu"

“It is purely a fortuity that this isn’t one of the great mass casualty events in American history,” Ron Klain, who was Biden’s chief of staff at the time, said of H1N1 in 2019. “It had nothing to do with us doing anything right. It just had to do with luck. If anyone thinks that this can’t happen again, they don’t have to go back to 1918, they just have to go back to 2009, 2010 and imagine a virus with a different lethality, and you can just do the math on that.”

CDC estimated that 151,700-575,400 people worldwide died from (H1N1)pdm09 virus infection during the first year the virus circulated

Klain said “we did everything possible – wrong” – 60 million Americans contracted H1N1 in that period of time.

2009 H1N1 Swine Flu Pandemic: We Did Every Possible Thing Wrong

============ transcript and discussion

Levin: 60 Million Americans Got Swine Flu, Obama and Biden Stopped Testing

Ron Klain: I just have a couple things, I was in the White House in 2009-2010. I was working for Vice President Biden, I wasn’t involved directly in the H1N1 response, but I lived through it as a White House staffer. And what I will say about it is -- a bunch of really talented, really good people working on it and we did every possible thing wrong and 60 million Americans got H1N1 in that period of time.

Klain: “And it's just purely a fortuity that this isn't one of the great mass casualty events in American history. It had nothing to do with us doing anything right. It just had to do with luck. And so if anyone thinks that this can't happen again, they don't have to go back to 1918. They just have to go back to 2009, 2010. Imagine a virus with a different lethality, and you can just do the math on that.”

So Biden says in effect "see!! I know what I am doing -- let me take the wheel"... after Trump worked with industry to get vaccines out in absolute world-record-time as well as shutting down the country to a great extent to protect against the pandemic. Hint "I don't remember wearing masks during the Obama Biden Admin"

... more from that link above..

“In late July,” so I repeat, “in late July, the CDC abruptly advised states to stop testing for the H1N1 flu and stop counting individual cases.”

That was Sharyl Attkisson for CBS News, reported in 2009.

“The rationale given for the CDC guidance to forego testing and tracking individual cases was 'why waste resources testing for the swine flu when the government has already confirmed that there is an epidemic?'” Sharyl Attkinson reported, ”some public health officials privately disagreed with the decision to stop testing and counting, telling CBS that continued tracking of this new and possibly changing virus was important because H1N1 has a different epidemiology, affects younger people more than seasonal flu, and has been shown to have a higher case fatality rate than other flu virus strains.”

But Obama, Biden said no more testing, therefore no more reporting on the consequences

But isn't Tucker Carlson just a political commentator? Like Rachel Maddow..?

How do we know what he says is true?

Upvote 0

tz620q

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2007
Carmel, IN
✟575,116.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Sharyl Attkinson reported, ”some public health officials privately disagreed with the decision to stop testing and counting, telling CBS that continued tracking of this new and possibly changing virus was important because H1N1 has a different epidemiology, affects younger people more than seasonal flu, and has been shown to have a higher case fatality rate than other flu virus strains.”

Under the "Could have been worse" category is that the reason younger people caught it more than older people was that a previous flu pandemic had given older people partial immunity. So if this had been a truly novel virus with no immunity, the number would have been higher and probably the virus more lethal.

Upvote 0

tz620q

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2007
Carmel, IN
✟575,116.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

That is certainly true and I have taken to checking on all claims that seem outrageous. It is really not that hard with the internet these days. Look for a full transcript of whatever the reporter is pulling sound bites from. Sometimes they can pull a sentence out and claim it says one thing, when in context it said just the opposite. As a Catholic, I don't know how many times I've had to do this on something the media reported the Pope saying. In context, it is rarely that newsworthy.

Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Biden got more votes than any President in all of time - but also had less than 50% approval - his first day in office, and did not get many people showing up at his rallies/campaigns the last month or so of the election process in line with that less-than-50% number, and was booed at the Super Bowl.

Then we combine that with the fact that he claims his record of dealing with pandemic shows that it is time to "move over and let Biden drive for a while".

It all makes perfect sense for a President that got more votes than any President ever - ... at least to a great many folks.
How Popular Is Joe Biden?

Reactions: Isilwen
Upvote 0

pescador

Wise old man
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

He works for the propaganda machine known as "Fox news". Foxes may believe the Fox "news" distorted version of reality but it's not for humans.

Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Biden got more votes than any President in all of time
true

- but also had less than 50% approval - his first day in office,
not true, he had (and has) above 50% approval ratings:
How Popular Is Joe Biden?
(which is higher approval than Trump ever got in his entire administration)
How Popular Is Donald Trump?

and did not get many people showing up at his rallies/campaigns the last month or so of the election process
...they sure showed up when it counted though, when the votes rolled in so...

in line with that less-than-50% number,
still not true

and was booed at the Super Bowl.
...and that matters? If so you should probably let these guys know:
Were the Bidens Booed During Their Speech at the Super Bowl?

Gotta admit...it would be nice to have someone drive for a while...

but evidently not to people who use getting booed at a sporting event as a measurement of how a President is doing?
tulc(is getting more coffee) :coffee:

Upvote 0

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟117,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
But isn't Tucker Carlson just a political commentator? Like Rachel Maddow?

Rachel Maddow is not a professional liar. Tucker Carlson thinks his job is to tell stupid lies, so that is what he always does. Maddow OTOH does not tell lies about Republicans who love Donald Trump as a man and American citizen, contrary to Carlson's false claims about Democrats who hate Trump's words and actions along with the former president himself.

• Haha
Reactions: Job 33:6
Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟572,954.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Rachel Maddow is not a professional liar. Tucker Carlson thinks his job is to tell stupid lies, so that is what he always does. Maddow OTOH does not tell lies about Republicans who love Donald Trump as a man and American citizen, contrary to Carlson's false claims about Democrats who hate Trump's words and actions along with the former president himself.

Both are highly paid con artists, who are masters at persuasion. To trust either one of them, or any other commentators from the 'for profit' cable news networks, one might want to reevaluate their position as being part of the problem, and not part of the solution to a divided society.

...Unless divisiveness is the goal of those who watch these kinds of shows. o_O In which case, one who is self-aware should already know that they are an active part of the problem.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟117,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Both are highly paid con artists, who are masters at persuasion. To trust either one of them, or any other commentators from the 'for profit' cable news networks, one might want to re-evaluate their position as being part of the problem, and not part of the solution to a divided society.

The cause of a divided society has never been the news media. Before 1865, it was white supremacy. The racial injustice started by slavery continued 100 more years. Now white supremacy is back - but this time we have news media that can almost instantly report what is happening to black and brown Americans. If for-profit news sources only cared about the facts instead of their money, understanding they get enough without telling stupid lies, I can guarantee all of them would say only bad stuff about Donald Trump, even if they are registered Republicans.

• Informative
Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟572,954.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The cause of a divided society has never been the news media. Before 1865, it was white supremacy. The racial injustice started by slavery continued 100 more years. Now white supremacy is back - but this time we have news media that can almost instantly report what is happening to black and brown Americans. If for-profit news sources only cared about the facts instead of their money, understanding they get enough without telling stupid lies, I can guarantee all of them would say only bad stuff about Donald Trump, even if they are registered Republicans.

Okay, that's definitely an interesting topic for discussion, but it doesn't address anything pertaining to my post.

• Friendly
Reactions: GodLovesCats
Upvote 0

nhisname

Dec 21, 2020
SW MO
✟28,311.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

Biden makes no sense at all, none.
I just read where he is opening the borders to allow illegals in with no testing while we are under a pandemic.....the oath of office for the President is to save and protect the American citizens. How is he doing this?????

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

48% approval for Joe Biden first day in office

Slow start: Biden’s opening approval below Trump and Obama, just 48%

In his opening Rasmussen approval rating Joe Biden scored a lowly 48%.

That is unheard of!

biden-approval-tanks.jpg

** President Obama had a 67% approval rating on his first day in office.
** Presient Trump had a 56% approval rating on his first day in office and that was already after weeks of deep state attacks from the liberal media and US intelligence community.

President Trump’s final approval rating was 51% before the inauguration this week.
Joe Biden’s Approval Rating Sits at 48% as He Enters Office — 9 Points Under Trump When He Entered Office, 3 Points Under Trump When He Left Office — But Joe TOTALLY Got 81 Million Votes! | SGT Report

In Rasmussen Reports’ first Presidential Daily Tracking Poll of likely voters, the new Democratic president starts at 48% approving and 45% disapproving.

not true, he had (and has) above 50% approval ratings:

History does not agree according to the Rasmussen poll.

As for "50% and above" ... this is interesting.

Poll: Trump approval rating hits 50 percent for first time in almost 2 years

And that 2 years was because in 2018 it was 51%

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Under the "Could have been worse" category is that the reason younger people caught it more than older people was that a previous flu pandemic had given older people partial immunity.

80% of covid deaths are at age 65 and over.

Mass infection of those in 30's has to do with their engaging in more group settings.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

He is simply complaining about the no-testing policy. Pundits will complain about what they see or they may approve of what they see.

Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

History does not agree according to the Rasmussen poll.

As for "50% and above" ... this is interesting.

Poll: Trump approval rating hits 50 percent for first time in almost 2 years

And that 2 years was because in 2018 it was 51%
There are many polls. Rasmaussen is generally considered to skew to the right, if only because they only poll Americans with a landline.

I doubt that anyone would disagree that this would skew their polling results, ... since ownership of a landline phone itself skews toward older Americans.

For this reason, I presented information from 538, which AVERAGES a number of polls (including Rasmussen), ... and which, IMHO, presents more accurate polling figures.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
So let's get this straight:

The reason swine flu wasn't a disaster for America on Obama's watch was because Obama was "lucky."

The reason COVID-19 has killed about a half a million people on Trump's watch was because Trump was "unlucky."

I'm thinking Trump's denial of the danger as a "hoax" and his unwillingness to listen to his doctors and scientists had a lot to do with nearly a half a million Americans dying in the pandemic.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I'm thinking Trump's denial of the danger as a "hoax" and his unwillingness to listen to his doctors and scientists had a lot to do with nearly a half a million Americans dying in the pandemic.

I don't recall a single report where someone said "I am dying today because I did not believe the virus was real and for me the President of the United States has always been my chief biologist - and chief virologist".. much less half a million people saying it. In fact I am pretty sure a lot of democrats died as well as republicans - even democratic candidates admit that the virus was not acting along party lines.

details matter. fiction-- not so much

Reality came slowly to some folks at CNN.

"BLM SPIKE
LA Mayor Eric Garcetti admits Black Lives Matter protests DID lead to a spike in COVID cases"

"Garcetti said that social distancing “rules don’t change,” whether people are protesting, at home, at work, or shopping."

“In situations where people are close together for longer periods of time and it’s very crowded, we are certain that there is going to be spread,” Ferrer said.

“So, we’ve never said that there’s no spread from people who were protesting.”

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/12026826/eric-garcetti-admits-black-lives-matter-protests-covid/
=============

Last edited:
Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian

Well, let's take a look...

Last three polls on President Biden...
Rasmussen favorable 53
Reuters favorable 57
The Hill/Harris favorable 60

Rasmussen BTW, predicted Romney would win in a landslide and Trump would win easily. Why have they been so far off? It's because they use land lines, not cell phones. So the sample is skewed.

With less than two weeks remaining before the midterm election, polls continue to indicate that Republicans will make major gains in both the House and Senate. That has led some Democrat supporters (and others as well) to wonder whether the polls might be overstating Republican support. One potential source of error is a failure by pollsters to adequately account for cell phone only (CPO) households. A recent study released by Pew indicates that the CPO households have a distinct partisan bias; as the following table shows, landline-only surveys of likely voters tend to lean Republican by roughly 5% over surveys that include cell phones and landline households.
Are Landline-Only Pollsters Systematically Understating Democratic Support?

A poll actually taken on the Biden's first day in office (Reuters) gave him an approval of 57. So there is also that. The day after, it got a little higher.
RealClearPolitics - Election Other - President Biden Job Approval

As you see, Americans are not buying the story that Obama was "lucky" in dealing with Swine Flu, while Trump was just "unlucky" dealing with COVID-19.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Upvote 0