Jun 11, 2005
✟1,090,726.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
In the spring, the enthusiasm gap between Republicans and Democrats stood at 17% in favor of Republicans.

Now enthusiasm is at 68% for Republicans and 66% for Democrats.

Biden wins and Roe reversal nearly wipe out GOP enthusiasm edge in midterms (msn.com)

Biden's legislative victories, easing inflation, and an activist Supreme Court overturning Roe v. Wade, gutting voting rights, climate change action and more have Democrats eager to hold on to their Congressional edge.

Other articles have cited woeful and/or unqualified Republican Senatorial candidates Johnson, Herschel Walker, and Dr. Oz. Mark Kelly is ahead by 8% in Arizona and Val Demings is neck and neck with Rubio in Florida. It's said the RNC is giving up on Arizona and PA and hoping to eke out a win with Hillbilly Elegy's JD Vance.

Trump's primary pick wins are jeopardizing general election wins as people concerned about democracy's end are determined to defeat them.

Good news, overall. I'm enthusiastic, too.

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
In the spring, the enthusiasm gap between Republicans and Democrats stood at 17% in favor of Republicans.

Biden wins and Roe reversal nearly wipe out GOP enthusiasm edge in midterms (msn.com)

Biden's legislative victories, easing inflation, and an activist Supreme Court overturning Roe v. Wade, gutting voting rights, climate change action and more have Democrats eager to hold on to their Congressional edge.

Other articles have cited woeful and/or unqualified Republican Senatorial candidates Johnson, Herschel Walker, and Dr. Oz. Mark Kelly is ahead by 8% in Arizona and Val Demings is neck and neck with Rubio in Florida. It's said the RNC is giving up on Arizona and PA and hoping to eke out a win with Hillbilly Elegy's JD Vance.

Trump's primary pick wins are jeopardizing general election wins as people concerned about democracy's end are determined to defeat them.

I can’t see why someone who claims to be a Christian would be so eager to support a party who wants to ensure that more babies will die.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,708.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
I can’t see why someone who claims to be a Christian would be so eager to support a party who wants to ensure that more babies will die.
You guys really need to come up with another argument besides "They're killing babies!".

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,090,726.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
When I vote, I look at every human rights issue. As the new Cardinal of San Diego says, we need to stop treating one issue as if it's the only one that counts--adding that in the long term the climate crisis will cause hundreds of millions more deaths. I'm in the car now but will add the reference later.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,457.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
  • Informative
Reactions: HARK!
Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,471.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You guys really need to come up with another argument besides "They're killing babies!".

When they stop killing babies, other arguments will have to be used.

There are other arguments - the reality of lives lost takes precedence.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
When I vote, I look at every human rights issue. As the new Cardinal of San Diego says, we need to stop treating one issue as if it's the only one that counts--adding that in the long term the climate crisis will cause hundreds of millions more deaths. I'm in the car now but will add the reference later.
Killing babies right now will definitely ensure that they don’t face so-called climate issues. So I guess it’s a win for your side.

Upvote 0

Yttrium

Independent Centrist
May 19, 2019
Pacific NW
✟245,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Single
This is traditionally the perfect time for the side opposing the President to pick up a lot of seats in Congress. The opposing party will be energized for a comeback, and the center will be looking for some balance.

There could be some problems for Republicans this time, though. The country is on the recovery from COVID-19. Although there's still an impact on the economy, it's not nearly as bad as the first year of the virus. Things are steadily improving on that front, which will make people more optimistic in general. Trump loyalists are grabbing the nominations in many places, and their nutty conspiracy theories will repel the center. The abortion issue will energize Democrats and many non-Democrat women, especially as Republicans push draconian laws in a number of places.

But I still can't predict the trends, thanks to Trump's continued wild card influence.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,471.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I am eager to vote in November. Sweeping this majority out of office is a great goal. It would be a great day for Democracy when we remove such as Pelosi, Schumer and Nadler from power positions.

Hopefully it will produce benefits for our economy like the last time there was a Republican led congress and a Democratic President being forced to work together.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,708.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
I am eager to vote in November. Sweeping this majority out of office is a great goal. It would be a great day for Democracy when we remove such as Pelosi, Schumer and Nadler from power positions.

Hopefully it will produce benefits for our economy like the last time there was a Republican led congress and a Democratic President being forced to work together.
Did they stop killing babies under the republican led congress and the democratic president working together?

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Isilwen

Oct 13, 2019
Florida
✟161,599.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat

I will be voting for Val Demings for sure and I was hoping Nikki Fried would have won the primary for governor, but it ended up being Crist. I do not like DeSantis, so I will be voting for Crist. Haven't been able to find a Republican this go around that I would vote for.

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,090,726.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
What is intrinsic evil? - U.S. Catholic (uscatholic.org)
Abortion is an intrinsic evil but "St. Pope John Paul II says that intrinsically evil acts are any acts “hostile to life itself . . . whatever violates the integrity of the human person . . . whatever is offensive to human dignity,” ranging from homicide, genocide, and abortion to deportation, slavery, and subhuman living conditions."

And so I challenge you to look at every single one of the intrinsic evils that are supposed to be 'deal breakers.' I challenge you to find a major party candidate who has a perfect position.

You are supporting a combination of intrinsic and extrinsic evils in every candidate you vote for--but you are also supporting a little or a lot of good.
And so, given imperfect choices, I ask myself: What issues keep me up at night? What issues break my heart? What policies directly or indirectly hurt the people I love most?

Last edited:
  • Useful
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
What is intrinsic evil? - U.S. Catholic (uscatholic.org)
Abortion is an intrinsic evil but "St. Pope John Paul II says that intrinsically evil acts are any acts “hostile to life itself . . . whatever violates the integrity of the human person . . . whatever is offensive to human dignity,” ranging from homicide, genocide, and abortion to deportation, slavery, and subhuman living conditions."

And so I challenge you to look at every single one of the intrinsic evils that are supposed to be 'deal breakers.' I challenge you to find a major party candidate who has a perfect position.

You are supporting a combination of intrinsic and extrinsic evils in every candidate you vote for--but you are also supporting a little or a lot of good.
And so, given imperfect choices, I ask myself: What issues keep me up at night? What issues break my heart? What policies directly or indirectly hurt the people I love most?
When the party itself promotes that intrinsic evil, you should oppose it. But if you are convinced that abortion is okay as long as you can stop the so-called global warming, then I suppose any reading is pointless.

Upvote 0

NxNW

Nov 30, 2019
NW
✟194,935.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private

I agree! Republicans should support universal health care so that we can reduce infant mortality from the disgraceful level it's at.

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,090,726.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Is not the Republican Party promoting deportation, building the wall, turning immigrants and especially political refugees away supporting an intrinsic evil?
Since lying is an intrinsic evil, is not widespread support of a president whose lies I stopped counting when they were reported at about 23,000, who promoted the falsehood that the election was stolen in order to overthrow our legitimately elected government supporting an intrinsic evil?
Is not standing in the way of sensible gun reforms and the kind of weapons that were capable of killing huge numbers of children quickly supporting an intrinsic evil? Do you know every school shooting since Sandy Hill has been committed with an AR-15?

Upvote 0

IceJad

May 23, 2005
✟100,585.00
Country
Malaysia
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single

And the rest of the world will grab their popcorns and anticipate both sides acting uncivilized (borderline criminal). Both in real life and on social media. Thus setting a good example on how not to act in an election.

Upvote 0