Mike Lindell Rages at Arkansas Republican Officials Blocking His Efforts to Eliminate Voting Machines

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,378.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Who to believe on the accuracy and security of voting machines: The Pillow Guy or the Republican Secretary of State?

Lindell, a proponent of false conspiracy theories claiming that machines helped Democrats "steal" the 2020 presidential election from former President Donald Trump, nominated Arkansas Secretary of State John Thurston for a dishonorable "Raffe Award" during a Lindell Report stream earlier this week over his conclusion that the state's voting machines are accurate and secure.

The name of the "award" refers to Republican Georgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger, a frequent target of Lindell and other election conspiracy theorists due to his certification of President Joe Biden's victory over Trump. Lindell has also nominated Wisconsin Secretary of State Robin Vos, another Republican who certified Biden's 2020 win, for the dishonor.

Lindell claimed that Arkansas was set to "go machine-free" until Thurston blocked the efforts of Conrad Reynolds, a Republican who sued the state and has campaigned for "election integrity" after losing a bid for Congress last year in the GOP primary by 17 points.

"Colonel Conrad Reynolds went down there—the news even covered it—saying, 'You know what? Arkansas is going to go machine-free," Lindell said. "But then what happens? Their Secretary of State John Thurston sticks his big nose in where it doesn't belong and says, 'Nothing to see here in Arkansas! We don't need paper ballots, we've got the best machines. We've got trusted election."

[Another state law was passed that any county that switched to paper ballots would have to bear the cost of the election without state funds. One county, Searcy County, has done so, "agreeing to pay for future elections with county funds." Another county switched back to machines.]

Last edited:

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,405,501.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
This jag is so incredibly stupid. An electronic counter with a paper trail seems about the most secure way.
Who listens to anything he has to say anyway?

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟433,247.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Who listens to anything he has to say anyway?
Theres a lot of agitated people out there who basically believe the same garbage he does. They dont necessarily listen to him tho.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,110,051.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,110,051.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This jag is so incredibly stupid. An electronic counter with a paper trail seems about the most secure way.
I agree but I think many people just don't understand how BMDs, like AR uses, work.

7. Print Your Ballot

Tap “Print your ballot” to confirm you do not wish to make any more changes or tap “Review your choices” to return to previous screen.
A warning message will appear if one or more contests have been left blank or are undervoted.

When complete, tap “Print Ballot”.

8. Retrieve Your Paper Ballot from Printer

Confirm your selections then place your printed ballot in the secrecy sleeve or the envelope given to you by the poll worker. Return to the poll worker to place in the ballot box.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,378.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Who to believe on the accuracy and security of voting machines: The Pillow Guy or the Republican Secretary of State?
Lindell has also nominated Wisconsin Secretary of State Robin Vos, another Republican who certified Biden's 2020 win, for the dishonor.

A Wisconsin rightwinger’s fall from conservative grace: ‘[a segment of] The Maga crowd despises him’

In early December, a rightwing Wisconsin organization called HOT Government sent out a breathless email: Mike Lindell, the pillow salesman turned election conspiracy theorist and staunch Donald Trump ally, had nominated an important Wisconsin politician for a dubious award.

The nomination reflects a stark turn of fortunes for Vos, who has spent more than a decade using every tool at his disposal to cement Republican power in Wisconsin

Vos helped re-draw the state’s legislative maps in 2011, ensuring Republican control of the legislature ever since. The same year, he followed former Republican governor Scott Walker’s lead in creating the most restrictive voter identification law in the country

But Vos has drawn a line at embracing Trump’s false claim that he actually won Wisconsin in 2020 and refused to join colleagues who suggested overturning the 2020 election. His unwillingness to cross that line has turned him into a pariah on the far right, a target of Lindell, an enemy of Trump and a symbol of the current state of the Republican party where loyalty to Trump is the key litmus test.

[In 2022] the former president approached Vos with another call to decertify the election. “I explained that it’s not allowed under the constitution,” Vos told WISN-TV 12 News in Milwaukee.

Trump was furious. Days later, the former president endorsed Adam Steen, Vos’s election-denying primary opponent, calling Steen a “rising patriotic candidate” and denouncing Vos.

Vos barely survived the primary, winning by less than 300 votes.

Vos was roundly booed at the state convention in 2022 for telling the delegates that lawmakers “have no ability to decertify the [2020] election and go back and nullify it” .That day, more than a third of the delegates voted to oust him from party leadership.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,110,051.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Vos was roundly booed at the state convention in 2022 for telling the delegates that lawmakers “have no ability to decertify the [2020] election and go back and nullify it” .That day, more than a third of the delegates voted to oust him from party leadership.
I just don't get it. Vos tells the Trumpies the law and they boo him. What would they like him to do? Break the law it's for Trump so it's OK? It's disgraceful and corrupt.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,624.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

A Wisconsin rightwinger’s fall from conservative grace: ‘[a segment of] The Maga crowd despises him’

In early December, a rightwing Wisconsin organization called HOT Government sent out a breathless email: Mike Lindell, the pillow salesman turned election conspiracy theorist and staunch Donald Trump ally, had nominated an important Wisconsin politician for a dubious award.

The nomination reflects a stark turn of fortunes for Vos, who has spent more than a decade using every tool at his disposal to cement Republican power in Wisconsin

Vos helped re-draw the state’s legislative maps in 2011, ensuring Republican control of the legislature ever since. The same year, he followed former Republican governor Scott Walker’s lead in creating the most restrictive voter identification law in the country

But Vos has drawn a line at embracing Trump’s false claim that he actually won Wisconsin in 2020 and refused to join colleagues who suggested overturning the 2020 election. His unwillingness to cross that line has turned him into a pariah on the far right, a target of Lindell, an enemy of Trump and a symbol of the current state of the Republican party where loyalty to Trump is the key litmus test.

[In 2022] the former president approached Vos with another call to decertify the election. “I explained that it’s not allowed under the constitution,” Vos told WISN-TV 12 News in Milwaukee.

Trump was furious. Days later, the former president endorsed Adam Steen, Vos’s election-denying primary opponent, calling Steen a “rising patriotic candidate” and denouncing Vos.

Vos barely survived the primary, winning by less than 300 votes.

I'll enjoy watching the Republican party slowly crumble as it's eaten by the stupid wing it courted for so long.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I'll enjoy watching the Republican party slowly crumble as it's eaten by the stupid wing it courted for so long.
I would, but American needs a center-right party that is not run by criminals and neo-nazis. One or two more elections and that might not be the case.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,207,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I must admit that his one deposition video gave me a good chuckle.

He maintained composure getting accused of all kinds of things, was willing to be self-deprecating on the Kimmel show, etc...

But a lawyer during a deposition calling his pillows "lumpy" is the thing that sent him flying off the handle lol

I can't link the video directly for "rules reasons", but if you go on YouTube and search for "Mike Lindell loses it lumpy pillows", you'll get a good Monday morning laugh

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟433,247.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single

He maintained composure getting accused of all kinds of things, was willing to be self-deprecating on the Kimmel show, etc...

But a lawyer during a deposition calling his pillows "lumpy" is the thing that sent him flying off the handle lol

I can't link the video directly for "rules reasons", but if you go on YouTube and search for "Mike Lindell loses it lumpy pillows", you'll get a good Monday morning laugh
Pillow fight!

• Haha
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian

"Lumpy Lindell." Sounds like a winner.

• Haha
Reactions: ThatRobGuy
Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
BTW, his pillows have been reviewed...

It’s lumpy

The pillow was also among the lumpiest pillows we tested. The best way one tester found to describe it is that it’s like sleeping on overripe peaches or cherries—random, differently sized lumps that were also squishy. Neither tester was a fan of the uneven surface.

Apparently, they aren't cheap, either.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟212,659.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

I've seen that clip a few times - cracks me up every time! Lindell gets so indignant!

BTW, his pillows have been reviewed...

It’s lumpy

The pillow was also among the lumpiest pillows we tested. The best way one tester found to describe it is that it’s like sleeping on overripe peaches or cherries—random, differently sized lumps that were also squishy. Neither tester was a fan of the uneven surface.

Apparently, they aren't cheap, either.
Squishy lumps - sounds almost intriguing.

Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,207,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I've seen that clip a few times - cracks me up every time! Lindell gets so indignant!
Clearly the guy takes a lot of pride in his product, even if it kinda sucks lol...his life would've been so much better had he just stuck with making mediocre pillows.

The guy's story of going from a broke crackhead to a wealthy CEO of a "mid-level" organization is a unique one.

If people would've seen him before, they would've assumed that his drug addiction would've been his undoing...and not "in 20 years he will have kicked the habit and be a multi-millionaire, and then ruin his life again a few years later by spreading conspiracies about voting machines".

Upvote 0

Tuur

Oct 12, 2022
Southeast
✟48,344.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Trying to remember what Heinlein had to say about voting machines. It's not nearly as elegant, but it boiled down to being able to understand the mechanics (in these days, programming or both).

FWIW, the county adopted mechanical voting machines due to a suspected history of irregularities. The general opinion was they were more secure and gave better privacy. Prior to the machines, my father remembered an incident where a local campaign worker thanked him for his vote. My father asked "How do you know how I voted?" and the campaign worker got a deer-in-the-headlights look and never answered.

Be that as it may, it's worth noting that when a classmate got caught up in an election fraud scheme, they focused on absentee ballots, not the machines. And before anyone asks, no it wasn't the 2020 election; it was much longer ago than that.

Addendum:
And yes, he did time for his part in it.

Upvote 0