Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The level of hypocrisy is incredibly.
Is it 'incredibly', [sic] really?

You pontificate through multiple post about not taking the vaccine
Actually, in this thread, I was talking primarily about lockdowns and the foolish politicians that implemented them, and the damage they caused. The resounding victory of DeSantis in Florida would seem to indicate that there are still a good many people that value freedom from government oppression, while a shocking number of people exhibited Stockholm syndrome at the polls in the US on Tuesday. Heck, even The Atlantic had to concede that DeSantis' "COVID gamble" paid off.

DeSantis’s COVID Gamble Paid Off

but as soon as you had a reason to do so (watching a concert)
Let's be very clear. There is no reason that anyone needed to be vaccinated to do anything. Despite the lies, the vaccine does not (and never did) stop infection or transmission, and what's more, they knew this. Yet they pushed a propaganda campaign based entirely on virtue signaling and convinced scads of useful idiots that getting vaccinated protected grandma. They're still trying to push this nonsensical narrative now. (Get vaxxed to protect grandma in time for Thanksgiving!)

you jumped at the chance to get your whole family vaxxed when you ‘knew’ the dangers it had.

Actually, we waited until the absolute last minute, hoping that all of the insanity would come to an end. But alas, we missed the unmasking of NYC by about a week and the fall of discriminatory and ineffective vaccine mandates came a few months after that.

That's hardly "jump[ing] at the chance". I have no idea why you feel the need to inaccurately characterize what happened in this situation. We were coerced into vaccination against our desires so that my son could have a once-in-a-lifetime experience with his music career. There was no reason to deny him that experience if he had not been vaccinated. But again, there are countless useful idiots that are happy to discriminate against others and push the narrative so they feel better about themselves.

Upvote 0

JSRG

Apr 14, 2019
Midwest
✟160,213.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Let's be very clear. There is no reason that anyone needed to be vaccinated to do anything. Despite the lies, the vaccine does not (and never did) stop infection or transmission, and what's more, they knew this. Yet they pushed a propaganda campaign based entirely on virtue signaling and convinced scads of useful idiots that getting vaccinated protected grandma. They're still trying to push this nonsensical narrative now. (Get vaxxed to protect grandma in time for Thanksgiving!)
The statement that the vaccine does not stop transmission is technically correct but misleading. It doesn't stop transmission, sure. But it does, as far as I understand the issue, reduce transmission. Therefore, yes, being vaccinated does confer a greater degree of protection to those around you.

Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟314,659.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
But again, there are countless useful idiots that are happy to discriminate against others and push the narrative so they feel better about themselves.
And by you own admission you are on of them. If you had the courage of your convictions you would have not had the vaccine.

But you did. And here you are discouraging other people from getting the protection you currently enjoy.

Upvote 0

probinson

Legend
Aug 16, 2005
PA
Visit site
✟134,696.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The statement that the vaccine does not stop transmission is technically correct but misleading. It doesn't stop transmission, sure. But it does, as far as I understand the issue, reduce transmission. Therefore, yes, being vaccinated does confer a greater degree of protection to those around you.

Not really.

Dr. Rochelle Walensky, Director of the CDC, is a great recent example. She's had five doses of vaccine in the last two years, the last of which was the updated bivalent booster and came exactly one month before her infection with COVID that knocked her out of commission for 18 days. Of course, she said her symptoms were "mild" and credited the vaccines... for something that is completely unclear. But the bottom line is, even at the time when the bivalent booster should have been at it most efficacious, she still got infected.

COVID vaccines confer a personal benefit (that benefit is largely age-stratified), but the only way to justify mandates was to mislead people into thinking they'd be "safer" around vaccinated people. This was never true. Your grandma is no safer from COVID at Thanksgiving if you're vaccinated than if you're not. Your grandma's best bet for protection, if she has not yet had COVID and recovered, is to get vaccinated herself and not worry what anyone else around her is doing.

Upvote 0

probinson

Legend
Aug 16, 2005
PA
Visit site
✟134,696.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
And by you own admission you are on of them.
Yeah, not hardly. I could care less about anyone else's vaccination status. If they want to take 5 or 6 vaccines, that's certainly their prerogative. I oppose government intrusion into informed consent for people who choose not to be vaccinated, for any or no reason at all.

If you had the courage of your convictions you would have not had the vaccine.

Coercion is a heckuva thing. The people who lied about the vaccines knew that.

In my case, we could have stood up to the coercion and told my son, sorry, even though you auditioned and were chosen to sing, you can't because the government, private businesses and foolish citizens are all suddenly cool with discrimination, and our lives would have went on. But in the case of people who had to choose between their livelihoods and being vaccinated, the punishment for non-compliance was much more severe.

But you did. And here you are discouraging other people from getting the protection you currently enjoy.

^_^

Yeah. The "protection" my daughter got from the vaccine resulted in her not only in getting COVID anyway, but also almost certainly was a factor in her month-long bout with shingles.

Please stop lying. I haven't discouraged anyone from doing anything. Anyone that wants to get the vaccine is more than welcome to do so. I'm talking about mandates. Of course, you already know that.

Upvote 0

JSRG

Apr 14, 2019
Midwest
✟160,213.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Not really.

Dr. Rochelle Walensky, Director of the CDC, is a great recent example. She's had five doses of vaccine in the last two years, the last of which was the updated bivalent booster and came exactly one month before her infection with COVID that knocked her out of commission for 18 days. Of course, she said her symptoms were "mild" and credited the vaccines... for something that is completely unclear. But the bottom line is, even at the time when the bivalent booster should have been at it most efficacious, she still got infected.
This is akin to saying that it isn't more dangerous to drive while intoxicated by pointing to someone who got into a crash while sober.

If the claim was that the vaccine granted complete and utter immunity and you would never get COVID with it... then yeah, your example might show something. But even the most sweeping and optimistic statements I saw regarding the vaccines didn't say that. What people did say was that they reduce the chance of getting it, and reduce the chance of getting a severe case if you do get it. Just like how not driving while drunk will reduce the chance of getting into a car crash, but won't guarantee it.

COVID vaccines confer a personal benefit (that benefit is largely age-stratified), but the only way to justify mandates was to mislead people into thinking they'd be "safer" around vaccinated people. This was never true. Your grandma is no safer from COVID at Thanksgiving if you're vaccinated than if you're not. Your grandma's best bet for protection, if she has not yet had COVID and recovered, is to get vaccinated herself and not worry what anyone else around her is doing.
As I recall--and this is going a bit from memory, I'd have to go back and redo my research again to be sure--while people who are vaccinated can still spread the virus, their have a reduced ability to. So yes, you can get it from a vaccinated person, but are less likely to. If that is the case, then yes, being vaccinated does make the people around you safer.

Upvote 0

probinson

Legend
Aug 16, 2005
PA
Visit site
✟134,696.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This is akin to saying that it isn't more dangerous to drive while intoxicated by pointing to someone who got into a crash while sober.
That's a horribly tortured analogy.

If the claim was that the vaccine granted complete and utter immunity and you would never get COVID with it... then yeah, your example might show something. But even the most sweeping and optimistic statements I saw regarding the vaccines didn't say that.
Then you weren't paying attention. Here are just 2 examples.

CDC director says data 'suggests that vaccinated people do not carry the virus'

553773-fauci-vaccinated-people-become-dead-ends-for-the-coronavirus

What people did say was that they reduce the chance of getting it, and reduce the chance of getting a severe case if you do get it.
Yeah, they had to pivot to that when it became abundantly clear that not even the incessant gaslighting could make people believe that breakthrough infections were "rare".

As I recall--and this is going a bit from memory, I'd have to go back and redo my research again to be sure--while people who are vaccinated can still spread the virus, their have a reduced ability to. So yes, you can get it from a vaccinated person, but are less likely to. If that is the case, then yes, being vaccinated does make the people around you safer.

Well OK. But all you have to do is look at the countless outbreaks that occurred in fully vaccinated populations to realize that even if true that you're "less likely" (and the subjective term "less" is doing an awful lot of heavy lifting in that statement) to get COVID from a vaccinated person, you're still almost certainly going to get it, and likely more than once, according to Dr. Fauci, regardless of whether you or anyone else is vaccinated.

The highly contagious Omicron variant will 'find just about everybody,' Fauci says, but vaccinated people will still fare better | CNN

Upvote 0

JSRG

Apr 14, 2019
Midwest
✟160,213.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
That's a horribly tortured analogy.
In what way?

I suppose the more apt comparison might be wearing a seatbelt. But the basic point remains the same; not guaranteed to do save or protect you, but certainly ups the odds.

She said the data suggested that. She didn't say it was the case.

"“So even though there are breakthrough infections with vaccinated people, almost always the people are asymptomatic and the level of virus is so low it makes it extremely unlikely — not impossible but very, very low likelihood — that they’re going to transmit it,” Fauci said."

Undoubtedly overly optimistic, but he still doesn't say it completely stopped it.

Upvote 0

probinson

Legend
Aug 16, 2005
PA
Visit site
✟134,696.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
She said the data suggested that. She didn't say it was the case.

"“So even though there are breakthrough infections with vaccinated people, almost always the people are asymptomatic and the level of virus is so low it makes it extremely unlikely — not impossible but very, very low likelihood — that they’re going to transmit it,” Fauci said."

Undoubtedly overly optimistic, but he still doesn't say it completely stopped it.

It's ABUNDANTLY clear that public health the world over was telling people that they wouldn't get infected, and if they did, they wouldn't have any symptoms. The receipts are all there for anyone who wants to see. Only when it became completely obvious that their proclamations didn't reflect reality did they pivot.

They weren't just wrong. They were making claims that had never been tested. They were telling people that the vaccine would stop transmission, even though that had never been tested, because it's what they needed people to believe to push mandates.

You can play semantics with weasel words like "suggests" and "completely" if you like, but they told people that they weren't carrying and could not transmit the virus if they got vaccinated, both of which were NEVER true.

If they had never mandated vaccines, then none of this would matter. But they not only mandated vaccines that didn't do what they said. The "consequences" were the loss of your job. Ostracizing from society. Those are some severe consequences when it's obvious now that all of their "suggestions" and pontificating were wrong.

Thankfully, we're already seeing "consequences" for those who foolishly instituted the policies. In NYC, workers that were fired because of the mandate must not only be rehired, but must be given back pay. There should be more of this.

Judge rules NYC to rehire and give back pay to those fired over vaccine mandate

Upvote 0