Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟908,630.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
But this doesn’t only happen to black people; it happens more often to white people. Why isn’t it news worthy when it happens to white people?

Yes! Their perception is wrong because the media only shows when they are targeted, and neglects to show when others are, so they get the false impression it only happens to them and they react accordingly. Perhaps if the media reported all the facts instead of only the amount to give a false impression, they would realize this happens to everybody and wouldn't feel picked on and victimized.

I'll leave it to you to explain to them how their lived experience is made up and only a figment of media exaggeration.

Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟908,630.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Are you saying I should listen to the media's version about black people being treated differently and then come to the same conclusion that they do?
What I've seen is the media using black people to hype up their news stories, and cause division between people based on skin color to create even more stories.

No. I'm saying you should listen to the blacks who are saying this is and has been an ongoing issue and stop discounting their view point.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟652,803.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
No. I'm saying you should listen to the blacks who are saying this is and has been an ongoing issue and stop discounting their view point.

I don't mind hearing the viewpoints of individual black people and their experiences. But the black advocacy groups such as BLM hold little credibility, and yet the news media listens to those groups and promotes their propaganda.

Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟908,630.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
I don't mind hearing the viewpoints of individual black people and their experiences. But the black advocacy groups such as BLM hold little credibility, and yet the news media listens to those groups and promotes their propaganda.

Why does going from a individual to a group cause a loss of credibility?

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟652,803.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Why does going from a individual to a group cause a loss of credibility?

Individuals can speak for themselves. A group like BLM becomes fanatical and makes the individuals who are part of that group look bad. The heads of such groups also get caught up in their own self-interests. The co-founder of BLM is a perfect example. Totally out of touch with the group's supposed mission, unless BLM is about moving into rich, white neighborhoods in a million dollar mansion, after buying a couple others, and enjoying the life of "white privilege".

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟652,803.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I don't expect anything to be any different, except Biden won't be pouring gas on the fires of division. He has already condemned rioting and looting.

Will he be able to get his VP to do that?

Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟908,630.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Individuals can speak for themselves. A group like BLM becomes fanatical and makes the individuals who are part of that group look bad. The heads of such groups also get caught up in their own self-interests.

How are they fanatical? Is fanatical always a bad thing.

The co-founder of BLM is a perfect example. Totally out of touch with the group's supposed mission, unless BLM is about moving into rich, white neighborhoods in a million dollar mansion, after buying a couple others, and enjoying the life of "white privilege".
How nefarious.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟143,074.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
None of which explains why a black person being shot in any of those scenarios is any different from a white person suffering the same fate.
Your argument seems to be “white people don’t get upset when white guys are unjustly threatened and murdered”, as if that’s a GOOD THING! ?

That’s pure doubthink, there, that is.

• Agree
Reactions: SummerMadness
Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟143,074.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
But this doesn’t only happen to black people; it happens more often to white people. Why isn’t it news worthy when it happens to white people?
Yes, this is what BLM is all about. Does something bother you about BLM?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ken-1122

Jan 30, 2011
✟225,690.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I'll leave it to you to explain to them how their lived experience is made up and only a figment of media exaggeration.
I'm not talking about media exaggeration, I'm talking about the media giving a false impression that only they experience these things. Again; when the media only reports when they are mistreated, and neglects to report when everyone else gets mistreated, they begin to think only they are mistreated this way which is not true. I'm saying the media needs to report all incidents equally.

Upvote 0

Ken-1122

Jan 30, 2011
✟225,690.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Yes, this is what BLM is all about. Does something bother you about BLM?
My problems with BLM are a completely different subject; right now we're talking about the media only reporting when blacks are killed, rather than when all races gets killed. Are you okay with the media doing this?

Upvote 0

Ken-1122

Jan 30, 2011
✟225,690.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Your argument seems to be “white people don’t get upset when white guys are unjustly threatened and murdered”, as if that’s a GOOD THING! ?
No; the media isn't reporting it when white guys are unjustly threatened and murdered.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟143,074.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
My problems with BLM are a completely different subject; right now we're talking about the media only reporting when blacks are killed, rather than when all races gets killed. Are you okay with the media doing this?
Yup.
Anyways what’s the solution, or a solution, or are you just here to whine?

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟143,074.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
No; the media isn't reporting it when white guys are unjustly threatened and murdered.
Where’s “the white community”? Why aren’t “white leaders” doing more to alleviate these injustices?

Upvote 0

Ken-1122

Jan 30, 2011
✟225,690.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Yup.
Anyways what’s the solution, or a solution, or are you just here to whine?
The solution would be for the media to report based on events instead of race which is what they seem to be doing now. I'm sure they get more ratings reporting by race, but it needs to stop. Perhaps if enough people become aware of this, they will be forced to report more accurately.

Upvote 0

Kentonio

Jan 25, 2018
Lyon
✟266,564.00
Country
France
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
I'm not talking about media exaggeration, I'm talking about the media giving a false impression that only they experience these things.

You seem to be literally the only person claiming to get this impression. I haven't heard anyone say that white people don't also suffer police brutality or extrajudicial killings. What some of us have been saying however is that this happens disproportionately to black Americans, which is borne out by the statistics.

• Winner
Reactions: SummerMadness
Upvote 0