Georgia
✟913,699.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
As per the following article regarding Black Lives Matter violence if Officer Chauvin is found innocent, how do you think our government leaders should handle such an event? What should President Biden do and what should mayors of cities do?
‘All hell will break loose’ if Chauvin not convicted, buildings will be ‘on fire,’ says model, BLM activist

In 2020 violence was supposedly a "good thing" -- but I wonder if it will still be considered "good" in 2021. I hope people have wised up since then.

The key in 2020 to getting as much violence in the streets as possible - was "Signaling" ahead that no police action would be taken. The "anything goes so long as we get some good video for nightly newscast" was a very poor strategy.

Upvote 0

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟325,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
  • Optimistic
Reactions: Pommer
Upvote 0

Desk trauma

The pickles are up to something
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,192,788.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
  • Optimistic
Reactions: Belk
Upvote 0

Ken-1122

Jan 30, 2011
✟225,690.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
As per the following article regarding Black Lives Matter violence if Officer Chauvin is found innocent, how do you think our government leaders should handle such an event? What should President Biden do and what should mayors of cities do?
‘All hell will break loose’ if Chauvin not convicted, buildings will be ‘on fire,’ says model, BLM activist
I expect them to name a few more parks and streets BLM. Maybe they will even name something after Floyd. BUT if you are expecting them to enforce the law, that will not happen. I expect that regardless of the verdict it will be free tennis shoes and free big screen tv's time.

• Agree
Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟890,303.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

They should make preparations to meet the opposition head on and uphold the law. What they absolutely cannot do is sit back and tolerate such behavior because it only promotes more anarchy. Pull the rug out from under their feet so they fall on their behind before they get any traction. One thing we cannot afford is another CHOP incident. That whole fiasco only encouraged more lawlessness.

Upvote 0

98cwitr

Lord forgive me
Apr 20, 2006
Raleigh, NC
✟449,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Should be treated like yelling "fire" in a crowded theater.

Extremely slippery slope.

It's the police's job to enforce the law (in this case protecting life and property from rioters). Police need to be able to do their jobs.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟890,303.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Not guilty*

I’m not sure what exactly he’s being charged with. As for a murder charge given that he didn’t take his knee off of Floyd’s neck for over a minute after the other officer said Floyd had no pulse I think he should be found guilty. As soon as they found that Floyd had no pulse Chauvin should’ve immediately checked Floyd and started CPR if necessary. Now if there’s a hate crime charge he shouldn’t be found guilty of a hate crime because I don’t see any evidence to support it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟890,303.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I expect them to name a few more parks and streets BLM. Maybe they will even name something after Floyd. BUT if you are expecting them to enforce the law, that will not happen. I expect that regardless of the verdict it will be free tennis shoes and free big screen tv's time.

Yeah I think Target should start emptying their stores before they announce the verdict. I don’t get the whole “they killed a black man, so I’m going to steal a tv”. Just a lame excuse to go out and steal, has nothing to do with racial equality.

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

The pickles are up to something
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,192,788.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I’m not sure what exactly he’s being charged with. As for a murder charge given that he didn’t take his knee off of Floyd’s neck for over a minute after the other officer said Floyd had no pulse I think he should be found guilty. As soon as they found that Floyd had no pulse Chauvin should’ve immediately checked Floyd and started CPR if necessary. Now if there’s a hate crime charge he shouldn’t be found guilty of a hate crime because I don’t see any evidence to support it.
The only purpose of my post was to point out that the court is not going to find the former officer innocent, even should he not be convicted, as that's not how the courts are set up and he will be found guilty or not guilty.

• Friendly
Reactions: BNR32FAN
Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Maybe they should storm the US Capitol and call for the hanging of public officials, then we can say they're just people fighting for freedom.

Naw. They way you fight for freedom is to kill cops, loot and burn stores, tear down monuments, etc.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟215,500.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Even a prosecution witness admitted that he saw that his knee was on the shoulder blade.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟890,303.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Even a prosecution witness admitted that he saw that his knee was on the shoulder blade.

Yeah but witnesses are often not as reliable as video evidence because they don’t always recall events as accurately.

• Agree
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
Naw. They way you fight for freedom is to kill cops, loot and burn stores, tear down monuments, etc.
Naw? You're describing the terrorist attack on the Capitol where they murdered police officers, destroyed/stole government property and damaged historic landmarks.

Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Maybe they should storm the US Capitol and call for the hanging of public officials, then we can say they're just people fighting for freedom.
Heck, they should storm the courtroom now, try to stop the proceedings. Who cares about the legal process?

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Naw? You're describing the terrorist attack on the Capitol where they murdered police officers, destroyed/stole government property and damaged historic landmarks.

The only one that was 'murdered' was that woman protester, Ashli Babbet.

Anyway we'll be defending our freedoms by 'tossing the rascals out' in the midterms.

Upvote 0