Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟907,985.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
I'm not talking about media exaggeration, I'm talking about the media giving a false impression that only they experience these things. Again; when the media only reports when they are mistreated, and neglects to report when everyone else gets mistreated, they begin to think only they are mistreated this way which is not true. I'm saying the media needs to report all incidents equally.

You are seeing things that no one else is seeing. That is not what I see the media saying.

• Agree
Reactions: Jimmy D
Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟142,547.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
The solution would be for the media to report based on events instead of race which is what they seem to be doing now. I'm sure they get more ratings reporting by race, but it needs to stop. Perhaps if enough people become aware of this, they will be forced to report more accurately.
So we agree that people “aren’t doing their jobs right!”, you seem to think that it is the news media, I think it might be the police.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟652,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
How are they fanatical? Is fanatical always a bad thing.

Rioting and looting is a bad thing. Incidentally, so is killing people for being white.
Threatening to do it again if they don't get court trial convictions when they want them is a bad thing.
Do you disagree?

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟652,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Your argument seems to be “white people don’t get upset when white guys are unjustly threatened and murdered”, as if that’s a GOOD THING! ?

That’s pure doubthink, there, that is.

Then you misinterpret my arguement.
I get upset when I watch that Daniel Shaver video where he was verbally harassed, threatened, and then shot in a hotel hallway while he was laying on the floor. It upset me to learn that the cop who killed him got his job back just so he could get his pension. However, I never killed anyone, or stole anything from anyone, or destroyed property over it.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟652,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
What's your point?

She's a former prosecutor. Not exactly a reputation for being soft on crime.

But she's also a liberal extremist, even more than Bernie Sanders. Don't expect her to not be divisive if it's demanded of her. She abandoned her views against Biden in order to be VP. She'll do whatever any extremist wants her do to.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟652,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Where’s “the white community”? Why aren’t “white leaders” doing more to alleviate these injustices?

Any "white leader" would be dismissed by the MSM as "white supremacist", and wouldn't gain any traction. Preference in the MSM is toward black "leaders".

Upvote 0

Ken-1122

Jan 30, 2011
✟225,690.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
You seem to be literally the only person claiming to get this impression. I haven't heard anyone say that white people don't also suffer police brutality or extrajudicial killings.
They may not say “whites don’t suffer police brutality”, they say things like:

*Black people are afraid to walk down the street of their own neighborhood for fear of the police,
*Black people are hunted by the police every time they step outside their homes (Lebron James)
*The talk black parents have to have with their sons concerning the Police (Trevor Noah)

And countless others. These are things in the media that are said about black people; not white people, and this gives the false impression that this is something that black people have to deal with that white people do not; and people are reacting to this false information in a negative and often violent way.

What some of us have been saying however is that this happens disproportionately to black Americans, which is borne out by the statistics.
Are you suggesting the media portrayal of police killing black vs white people is in accordance to reality? Your own statistics said nearly twice as many white people are killed by the police as blacks. So the media should be reporting twice as many white killings as they report blacks being killed, right? Is that what they are doing? I will bet you can name at least 5 black men killed by the cops that received national attention for every white man killed that received such attention. Am I right?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟142,547.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Any "white leader" would be dismissed by the MSM as "white supremacist", and wouldn't gain any traction. Preference in the MSM is toward black "leaders".
So white folk can’t/won’t protest injustices meted out by police, but will be plenty mad at black folk who can/do?

And here we are.

Upvote 0

Ken-1122

Jan 30, 2011
✟225,690.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Stop straw manning, no one said it happens to just black people, you said that, not BLM, not the media. You did.
The media doesn't have to specifically SAY it only happens to black people, all they have to do is act like it by only reporting when it happens to black people, and neglect to report when it happens to other people, and this gives the impression it only happens to black people. Their actions speak much louder than their words.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟652,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
So white folk can’t/won’t protest injustices meted out by police, but will be plenty mad at black folk who can/do?

If you're suggesting that we should do what black people groups have done over the past year causing so much death and destruction as a result, then it would make white people no better than thugs to do the same.

Upvote 0

Ken-1122

Jan 30, 2011
✟225,690.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
You are seeing things that no one else is seeing. That is not what I see the media saying.
I said nothing about what the media is actually “saying” I spoke about what they are reporting.
Do you disagree with what I said they are reporting?
Then why are people whining when black s are taking the lead on combating it?
Black people are not taking the lead on this issue, there are plenty of white people protesting police brutality against blacks as well. How do you think BLM generated all of those millions in the past few months? Do you really think all of that money came from black people?

The problem is, everybody is being given the impression it only happens to black people on a regular basis when it does not.

Upvote 0

Ken-1122

Jan 30, 2011
✟225,690.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
So we agree that people “aren’t doing their jobs right!”, you seem to think that it is the news media, I think it might be the police.
99% of the police are doing their jobs right concerning this issue, it's that 1% that's the problem. 99% of the media are doing their jobs wrong concerning this issue, that's the problem.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟142,547.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
99% of the police are doing their jobs right concerning this issue, it's that 1% that's the problem. 99% of the media are doing their jobs wrong concerning this issue, that's the problem.
99%? Not maybe 90% or eighty percent?
99%?

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟142,547.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Black people are not taking the lead on this issue, there are plenty of white people protesting police brutality against blacks as well.
What are some of the organizations’ names?

Upvote 0