Biden's latest fuel proposal will drive prices higher.

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟703,314.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

As any Econ 101 student knows, gas prices are determined by supply and demand. Instead of encouraging more supply, though, the administration keeps poisoning the atmosphere for investment in traditional fuels.​
In the latest example, the Environmental Protection Agency has just proposed a change to the Renewable Fuel Standard that will once again push supplies of fuel lower and make it more expensive. The EPA is creating a new way to comply with RFS by allowing auto companies to generate “eRINs” they will sell to oil refiners. This should be raising alarm bells in every agricultural and oil-producing state and at every gas pump in the country.​

JosephZ

Mar 25, 2017
Davao City
Visit site
✟231,073.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
The price increases under this proposed program appear to be minimal.

Obligated parties under the RFS program (petroleum refiners and importers) would be required to purchase eRINs to meet their annual compliance obligations. In the preamble to the Set Rule, EPA estimates that the eRIN component of the Program will have a limited impact on the price of transportation fuels. It states that “eRINs alone are projected to increase the price of gasoline and diesel by $0.01 per gallon in 2024 and approximately $0.02 per gallon in 2025.”

Reactions: iluvatar5150
Upvote 0

Brihaha

May 6, 2021
Virginia
✟152,085.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Time for me to buy another stack of "I did that" stickers.
Your proud vandalism reply seems peculiar, appearing directly under the "Jesus is Lord" signature. I just felt you should know.

And fuel prices have fluctuated throughout my life. This seems like a concern of this world I have no business obsessing over presently.

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,091,611.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Of course, if Biden didn't do this, twenty years from now the weather in the corn belt would be too hot and dry to grow corn.

In the climate change debate, no matter how you argue it, ignoring what is happening to our planet due to fossil fuel use means America loses.
  • As summer heat intensifies, farmers and farm workers will face increasingly grueling and potentially unsafe working conditions.
  • Accelerating crop failures and livestock losses will make farmers with access to insurance or disaster relief programs more reliant on those taxpayer-funded supports, while those without sufficient safety nets will face additional challenges. Failing farms and stagnating farm profits will also increase suffering in many rural communities.
  • Farming communities will be among the first to feel the ways extreme weather exacerbates agriculture’s impacts on water resources—with nearby water supplies polluted or depleted before the damage extends to drinking water and fisheries far downstream.
Nationwide, reductions to agricultural productivity or sudden losses of crops or livestock will likely have ripple effects, including increased food prices and greater food insecurity.

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,091,611.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
One look at the top selling cars in the US market (hint - 4 of the top 6 selling vehicles are monster trucks) tells me that Americans are OK with fuel prices.
Or that only the super wealthy can afford new vehicles.

Upvote 0

Trogdor the Burninator

Senior Veteran
Oct 19, 2004
✟231,157.00
Faith
Christian
Or that only the super wealthy can afford new vehicles.
What’s interesting is that the trend to ever bigger and heavier vehicles is accelerating. If you go back ten years, there were only two huge trucks in that same top 6, and most of the top ten best sellers were cars like the Camry, Accord, Civic, Altima etc.

Just the top three vehicles (F-150, Silverado and Ram) sold 1,500,000 units. That’s either a lot of super wealthy people or people who don’t care about running costs (or are too scared to think outside the box when it comes to new car purchases).

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,262,665.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
What’s interesting is that the trend to ever bigger and heavier vehicles is accelerating. If you go back ten years, there were only two huge trucks in that same top 6, and most of the top ten best sellers were cars like the Camry, Accord, Civic, Altima etc.

Just the top three vehicles (F-150, Silverado and Ram) sold 1,500,000 units. That’s either a lot of super wealthy people or people who don’t care about running costs (or are too scared to think outside the box when it comes to new car purchases).

I don't get it, either. My guess is that alot of people aren't buying new cars if they can avoid it. Many of those SUV's or hybrids handle very poorly. It feels like you are in the back of a wagon.

Upvote 0