Dallas
✟889,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You posted a link showing the demographics in the US, the point of contention argued is that controlling for different factors, race does not affect employment. That has been shown to be false, but please provide us with actual links that show race (or perceived race) does not affect one's employment opportunity.

My point was that the number of whites who attend college vs the number of blacks who attend college will obviously influence the ratio of whites to blacks attaining higher paying jobs. I posted this in response to this comment you made.

I think whites fare better on pretty much every social statistic we track. Is there something else youre referring to?

So my question was are you taking this information into consideration in the statistics your tracking?

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,481.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Maybe it’s not what you think. Maybe it’s brought up for a different reason. Maybe it’s because BLM-types bring up police brutality against blacks but don’t say anything about black-on-black crime, and it comes across as hypocritical. What kills more blacks every year? Police? Or abortion and black on black crime.

It’s not racists to ask. Not if all lives matter.

Whether or not it's racist to ask, it's pretty disingenuous. This standard isn't applied to any other activist group.

• Agree
Reactions: KCfromNC
Upvote 0

Tone

"Whenever Thou humblest me, Thou makest me great."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟889,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Were they justly convicted?

See these details only see relevant when quoting statistics that contest their position. When they quote statistics of the number of police shooting blacks the details of the shootings are considered irrelevant. I went thru this discussion just yesterday on this very topic.

• Useful
Reactions: Tone
Upvote 0

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
My point was that the number of whites who attend college vs the number of blacks who attend college will obviously influence the ratio of whites to blacks attaining higher paying jobs. I posted this in response to this comment you made.

So my question was are you taking this information into consideration in the statistics your tracking?
Showing raw population numbers does not answer the question or substantiate the claim. You have simply shown demographics, the argument made was there is no difference when controlling for factors. What factors are you controlling for and where does it show that there is no racial bias in hiring? I just let you know I'm not holding my breath expecting you to answer this question, the tap dancing around the unsubstantiated claim will continue.

Upvote 0

Victor in Christ

Jehovah Tsidkenu
Jun 9, 2020
British Isles
✟17,662.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
People can you not see the bigger picture (God's divine plan). There have been many evil people in this world, slave traders/merchants, etc wanting earthly power in some form or another. These evil people's skin colour or ethnicity does not matter, their evil was in their heart, they didn't fear God they only thought of themselves and i'm not just talking about the white traders/merchants that's highlighted in todays society, it goes way back in Old Testament times even the new testament where there were slave traders/merchants, only interested in money, etc.

I pray this will be a blessing to your soul and an enlightment by the Holy Spirit that we may understand to live with each other in peace through our saviour Jesus Christ. People may murmur and complain (i'm guilty of it myself), but i'm beginning to learn that through the hard times God is working through evil men (the police and the rioters) to bring more and more people to Christ.

god Bless

Last edited:
Reactions: Tone
Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟889,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Showing raw population numbers does not answer the question or substantiate the claim. You have simply shown demographics, the argument made was there is no difference when controlling for factors. What factors are you controlling for and where does it show that there is no racial bias in hiring? I just let you know I'm not holding my breath expecting you to answer this question, the tap dancing around the unsubstantiated claim will continue.

I also included a link to the number of college attendees per race, not just population.

Upvote 0

Tone

"Whenever Thou humblest me, Thou makest me great."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
See these details only see relevant when quoting statistics that contest their position. When they quote statistics of the number of police shooting blacks the details of the shootings are considered irrelevant. I went thru this discussion just yesterday on this very topic.

Well, everything should be questioned, especially when dealing with numbers...we wouldn't want to number worship would we?

Remember King David and his census...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Again, that's a distraction. Black Lives Matter is focused on the police brutality and the criminal justice system. This is like complaining that Susan G Komen is not focusing on heart disease because their focus is on breast cancer. It is not hypocritical, it is those seeking to distract from the main issue of policing and criminal justice in America. Bringing up abortion is another distraction, why not bring up heart disease or diabetes? This doesn't happen in other discussions, we only see this form of distraction when it comes to those calling out police misconduct.

The "what about black-on-black crime" group does not care about the topic they're bringing up, else they'd see there is already focus on the very topic they claim is being ignored. Black Lives Matter is not mutually exclusive from other causes, there are many organizations focused on crime in Black communities. Nonetheless, the main issue is that when a black person murders another black person, we can be assured that the alleged crime will be prosecuted and punished accordingly, this is not the case with police violence.
The Susan B Komen foundation doesn’t need to focus on heart disease because we have the American Heart Association. So if BLM isn’t focusing on black on black crime or abortion?

And in case you were unaware (or just assumed I was), BLM is for far more than a concern about police conduct. But for an organization that’s for the destruction of the nuclear family, being against abortion and advocating against black on black crime would run counter to that.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Whether or not it's racist to ask, it's pretty disingenuous. This standard isn't applied to any other activist group.
Not being applied to other groups doesn’t make it disingenuous.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟889,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Again, that does not answer the claim that controlling for the factors, employment opportunity is unaffected.

The study you provided showed a 15% difference which could easily be coincidental. They can’t determine why the applicants didn’t receive a call back and we don’t know that the qualifications were the same. There could’ve been several contributing factors for each individual position applied for which contributed to the outcome of the study. Does this study mean that blacks might not get every job they apply for? Yes, does this mean they will not be able to get a job that will provide them with a very handsome salary? No.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
The Susan B Komen foundation doesn’t need to focus on heart disease because we have the American Heart Association. So if BLM isn’t focusing on black on black crime or abortion?

And in case you were unaware (or just assumed I was), BLM is for far more than a concern about police conduct. But for an organization that’s for the destruction of the nuclear family, being against abortion and advocating against black on black crime would run counter to that.
Susan G Komen doesn't need to focus on other issues, but Black Lives Matter is supposed to focus on other issues? How do you justify this logic? Where is your demand that organizations focus on white-on-white crime? I don't see anyone talking about that.

• Agree
Reactions: Innsmuthbride
Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Susan G Komen doesn't need to focus on other issues, but Black Lives Matter is supposed to focus on other issues? How do you justify this logic? Where is your demand that organizations focus on white-on-white crime? I don't see anyone talking about that.
BLM does focus on other issues. What they don’t do is focus on the issues that take the most black lives.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟889,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

I’ll be sure to post it when I see them complaining about too many white people being murdered by another group.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,481.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Not being applied to other groups doesn’t make it disingenuous.

The double standard doesn't make it disingenuous, but it does suggest that it's disingenuous. The folks making these complaints seem to only be concerned with black-on-black crime when it's a convenient shield against charges of racism.

So, by your logic, if there are other, separate groups focused on black-on-black crime and abortion, then BLM is free to keep their focus narrow. Am I understanding you correctly?

And in case you were unaware (or just assumed I was), BLM is for far more than a concern about police conduct. But for an organization that’s for the destruction of the nuclear family,

lol, what?

Upvote 0

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
The double standard doesn't make it disingenuous, but it does suggest that it's disingenuous. The folks making these complaints seem to only be concerned with black-on-black crime when it's a convenient shield against charges of racism.
It's similar to bringing up Chicago while ignoring the numerous anti-violence groups in the city, but what's worse is Chicago is not even the most violent city, yet that is their undeniable focus... but it only seems to come up on the topic of racism.

That's the other thing that typifies this disingenuous nature of the argument; as a black male, the bigger threat to my life is not violence in a city (I don't live in the city), it's police misconduct and racial bias in policing.

Reactions: iluvatar5150
Upvote 0