Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟486,396.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
From my actual discussions, the point isn’t about people. It’s about numbers. It’s about percentages.

Repeating the claim that numbers about people aren't about people doesn't make it any more true.

ETA: it’s not about how many blacks are killed. It’s about how many blacks are killed in relation to whites.

OK. And?

Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,727,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Repeating the claim that numbers about people aren't about people doesn't make it any more true.

OK. And?
That’s it. They don’t actually care about the people, if the supporters are to be believed.

Upvote 0

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
In a fair an equitable society, people would be treated equally. If a group is not being treated equally, then it is an unjust society. It's a simple concept that some are attempting to distort. There is also the racist argument that crime statistics in communities account for differences, they don't. That's why racism is evident, as shown in many studies. It's the reason why attempts to ignore the numerous studies showing racial bias maintains the status quo and perpetuates the current racist hierarchy.

What the Data Really Says About Police and Racial Bias

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,727,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
What’s white privilege? I don’t know what that means.
Pretty much what it sounds like. You get benefits in life of your skin is the right shade.

Upvote 0

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Pretty much what it sounds like. You get benefits in life of your skin is the right shade.

The large number of poor white people shows that "white privilege" doesn't actually exist.

"Money privilege" exists, however, as does "college education privilege."

• Winner
Reactions: BNR32FAN
Upvote 0

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
The large number of poor white people shows that "white privilege" doesn't actually exist.

"Money privilege" exists, however, as does "college education privilege."
White privilege does not mean that someone is rich. Why this lie keeps getting argued suggests that those that complain about the term are ignorant of the term and deliberately ignore anything that explains the term.

If race was not a factor, a white person with a criminal record would be less likely than a black person with no criminal record. That is not the case, that is an example of white privilege.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,727,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
Killed by who and for what reason? According to this FBI statistic in 2018 blacks were the leading cause of black homicide by a landslide.

Expanded Homicide Data Table 6
This is a racist argument. Whites were the leading cause of white homicide, yet no one feels the need to point this out. Most crime is intraracial.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,727,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
This is a racist argument. Whites were the leading cause of white homicide, yet no one feels the need to point this out. Most crime is intraracial.
It appears that the FBI data doesn’t support that.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It appears that the FBI data doesn’t support that.

It does, actually. Most crime is indeed intraracial. That said, a black person is far more likely to kill a white person than the other way around; and a black person is far more likely to commit a murder than a white person is; and a black person is far more likely to be the victim of a murder than a white person is.

White (incl. Hispanic) killing white (incl. Hispanic): 2,677
White (incl. Hispanic) killing black: 234
Black killing black: 2,600
Black killing white (incl. Hispanic): 514

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟885,311.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Really, what kind of benefits because I seem to be missing out? Last I checked minorities qualify for more benefits than caucasians.

Upvote 0

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
White privilege does not mean that someone is rich.

"White privilege" doesn't actually exist. If it did, more poor white people would be able to exploit this "privilege" to get out of poverty.

"Money privilege" exists, however; money buys all kinds of things.

"College education privilege" also exists in the US; a college degree smooths all kinds of roads.

Why this lie keeps getting argued suggests that those that complain about the term are ignorant of the term and deliberately ignore anything that explains the term.

Some of us understand the theory of "white privilege," but believe it to be false and unsupported by data.

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟431,984.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
This is the most confused discussion.

1. Crime and poverty go together everywhere in the world you look. And in the USA black people are much poorer that whites on average, and so we'd expect more crime among black people. Right?

2. But then to step back and ask why black people are so much poorer that white people on average, and youd have to be deliberately blind not to see a whole history of intense racism on this continent.

3. At the same time, there is also lots of plain racism right now among law enforcement. Some conscious white-robe style, but most is probably just baked-in to the culture of policing and the society at large. I mean crime statistics are worth nothing when explaining why an individual black guy who's done nothing wrong could be followed around like he must be a suspect of something, which happens all the time..... And its not just police practices. There's been policies of using black neighborhoods as basically piggy banks for funding police departments with the absurd escalations of penalties for little tiny things. I cant even get started on the insane and racist "war on drugs" without writing a whole novel.....

4. through 10. probably stuff I dont know about yet.

Now I see a lot of people here just stopping at item 1. I think they are literally afraid to contemplate everything else because it will destabilize their precious ideological identity.

Thats how it seems to me, anyway, as I try to learn about all this.

Last edited:
Upvote 0