Dec 20, 2012
✟92,514.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Agreed. However these tribulations are a different story.

Matt 24
29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:

The pretrib rapture will occur and then the seals will begin being opened. The time of JACOBS TROUBLE....which is the 70th week of Daniel. Church is gone. Noah is in the Ark 7 days before the flood.
I don't see a Pre-Trib rapture in that verse.

• Agree
Reactions: jgr
Upvote 0

TribulationSigns

Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2017
Colorado
✟415,058.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

Excellent video! The Pre Tribulation Rapture is false. The rapture will take place after the trumpet, at the Last Trump, on the Day of the Lord.

Upvote 0

Truth7t7

Dec 20, 2012
✟92,514.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Last trump is after 1000 millenium kingdom , try again .
No such thing as a 1000 year kingdom on this earth, where Jesus hangs out with mortal humans dying physical death.

Jesus will return in the final judgment, eternal life, eternal kingdom.

Matthew 25:31-46

Verses 31-32 Jesus returns with the angels, the nations are gathered before the throne for judgment.

Verse 34 The eternal kingdom is presented to the righteous.

Verse 41 The wicked are judged to the eternal lake of fire.

Verse 46 The righteous obtain eternal life, and enter the eternal kingdom in Verse 34

"Eternity Begins" at the return of Jesus Christ.

There will be no 1000 year kingdom on this earth.

Jesus Christ Is Lord

Truth7t7

Reactions: BABerean2
Upvote 0

Choose Wisely

Forgiven
Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2011
Texas
✟106,222.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I don't see a pretrib rapture in that verse.
Never said there was a pretrib mentioned in those verses
jgr said:
There's no escaping the aforecited tribulations. We're told to glory in them.

I agreed that there was tribulations that we go through every day but that the TRIBULATION OF THOSE DAYS was not one of those. I said that they we were escaping those tribulations.

Try to keep up and keep things in context.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Try to keep up and keep things in context.

Many modern Christians have no idea why modern Dispensational Theology needs a pretrib removal of the Church.

The original "classic" form of the doctrine brought to America by John Nelson Darby about the time of the Civil War claimed that God would go back and deal with modern Israel under the Old Covenant system during the 7 year period before the Second Coming of Christ.

What is wrong with this idea?

The New Covenant promised to Israel and Judah in Jeremiah 31:31-34 is found fulfilled by Christ during the first century in Hebrews 8:6-13, and is specifically applied to the Church in Hebrews 12:22-24, and 2 Corinthians 3:6-8.

On the Day of Pentecost Peter addressed the crowd as "men of Judea", then as "men of Israel", and in Acts 2:36 as "all the house of Israel". On that day about 3,000 Israelites accepted the New Covenant promised in Jeremiah 31:31-34. When the Church began it was made up almost entirely of Israelites.
Based on Galatians 1:14-18, Paul did not begin his ministry to the Gentiles until about 3 years after his conversion.
The Church as a whole has never been a "Gentile Church", as Dispensationalists often claim.

The New Covenant has made the Old Covenant "obsolete" in Hebrews 8:13.
The New Covenant is "everlasting" in Hebrews 13:20.
Therefore, God is not going back the the Old Covenant system during a future time, as Dispensationalists often claim.
It is one of the greatest errors of the doctrine.

Once a person comes to understand the New Covenant of Christ the Two Peoples of God doctrine falls apart and its pretrib removal of the Church falls with it.

Jer_31:31 "Behold, the days are coming, says the LORD, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah—

Mat_26:28 For this is My blood of the new covenant, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

Mar_14:24 And He said to them, "This is My blood of the new covenant, which is shed for many.

Luk_22:20 Likewise He also took the cup after supper, saying, "This cup is the new covenant in My blood, which is shed for you.

1Co_11:25 In the same manner He also took the cup after supper, saying, "This cup is the new covenant in My blood. This do, as often as you drink it, in remembrance of Me."

2Co_3:6 who also made us sufficient as ministers of the new covenant, not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.

Heb_8:8 Because finding fault with them, He says: "BEHOLD, THE DAYS ARE COMING, SAYS THE LORD, WHEN I WILL MAKE A NEW COVENANT WITH THE HOUSE OF ISRAEL AND WITH THE HOUSE OF JUDAH—

Heb_8:13 In that He says, "A NEW COVENANT," He has made the first obsolete. Now what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.

Heb_9:15 And for this reason He is the Mediator of the new covenant, by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions under the first covenant, that those who are called may receive the promise of the eternal inheritance.

Heb_12:24 to Jesus the Mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling that speaks better things than that of Abel.

NKJV

Reactions: jgr
Upvote 0

Randy777

Oct 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟91,969.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Then he comes not as a thief
Which is on the last day for the great battle of God almighty. Rev 16:15 the unbelievers are surprised not those who are wise and know their God for they will understand what is taking place.
The dead in Christ rise first is the resurrection of the saints. As Jesus taught He will out His angels to gather His elect from the ends of the heavens. the resurrection of us all. A bodily resurrection. Those Christians alive on earth on that day will be caught up so that they to can be clothed with immortality as flesh and blood can’t inherit the eternal kingdom that God promised to those who love and obey Him.

Reactions: BABerean2
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AlexDTX

Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
✟328,934.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

God is the same yesterday, today and forever.

We can give thanks that he will provide the way of escape......The Pretribulation Rapture
This is a Jesuit doctrine picked up by Scofield and popularized by Hal Lindsey. It is a lie and if we are in the end times Christ will carry us through the tribulation but there will be no escape before hand. The doctrine mocks 2,000 years of Christians who endured persecution for the Gospel.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

God is the same yesterday, today and forever.

We can give thanks that he will provide the way of escape......The Pretribulation Rapture

I'm with you. People will fight you every step of the way to make sure they get to stick around, but they'll just have to be disappointed in the end.

Upvote 0

Ken Rank

Site Supporter
Jan 12, 2014
Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
1 Thessalonians 4:16-17 is no more than the second advent of Jesus Christ and "The Last Day" resurrection of the "Dead In Christ"

The future resurrection of the believer takes place on "The Last Day" as Jesus Christ taught in John 6:40

"I Will Raise Him Up At The Last Day"

There is no pre-tribulation rapture found in scripture.

A false teaching invented by John N. Darby 1830's and propagated by the C.I. Scofield bible reference notes 1909.

The Ole Bait And Switch Trick!

Jesus Christ Is Lord

Truth7t7
I agree... if there is a rapture before the tribulation, I want to be left behind. I know that sounds off to many Christians but Noah wasn't taken, all the others were... Noah was left behind. And Lot... he was left behind and all the others were taken. The end us likened to their day(s) and so shall it be for us if we are alive when this all happens.

Reactions: Truth7t7
Upvote 0

Oldmantook

Jan 10, 2017
USA
✟99,173.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
All would agree that Jesus referred to his coming as a thief. Pretribbers believe that his coming as a thief is the rapture event - prior to the tribulation. Is that really the case? Let's allow Jesus to explain it for us:
15“Look, I come like a thief! Blessed is the one who stays awake and remains clothed, so as not to go naked and be shamefully exposed.”
16Then they gathered the kings together to the place that in Hebrew is called Armageddon.
Rev 16:15-16

Jesus himself stated that his coming as a thief will occur right before the battle of Armageddon which takes place at the end of the tribulation - not before.

Upvote 0