Texas
✟106,222.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

God is the same yesterday, today and forever.

We can give thanks that he will provide the way of escape......The Pretribulation Rapture

Truth7t7

Dec 20, 2012
✟92,049.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

We can give thanks that he will provide the way of escape......The Pretribulation Rapture
1 Thessalonians 4:16-17 is no more than the second advent of Jesus Christ and "The Last Day" resurrection of the "Dead In Christ"

The future resurrection of the believer takes place on "The Last Day" as Jesus Christ taught in John 6:40

"I Will Raise Him Up At The Last Day"

There is no pre-tribulation rapture found in scripture.

A false teaching invented by John N. Darby 1830's and propagated by the C.I. Scofield bible reference notes 1909.

The Ole Bait And Switch Trick!

Jesus Christ Is Lord

Truth7t7

Last edited:
Upvote 0

rockytopva

Love to pray! :)
Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,064,847.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh. - Matthew 24:44 Luke 12:40

The Lord comes in everyday times with no indications of destruction. Like unto the times of Noah and Lot.

• Agree
Reactions: Cat Loaf You
Upvote 0

Truth7t7

Dec 20, 2012
✟92,049.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh. - Matthew 24:44 Luke 12:40

The Lord comes in everyday times with no indications of destruction. Like unto the times of Noah and Lot.
The Lord Jesus Will Return "Immediately After The Future Tribulation" Matthew 24:29-31

Upvote 0

Truth7t7

Dec 20, 2012
✟92,049.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Then he comes not as a thief
Have you not read the scripture?
1 Thessalonians 5:4

The thief will take the world by surprise, not the Church.

The Church is not in darkness as to this day of the thief.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

rockytopva

Love to pray! :)
Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,064,847.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single

The Church is not in darkness as to this day.

But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief. Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness. - 1 Thessalonians 5:4-5

You have taken this scripture out of context. Paul was telling the church that they were living as children of light. Therefore if the Lord came in their time they would not have no worries.

But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father. - Mark 13:32
Behold, I come as a thief. Blessed is he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame. - Revelation 16:15

If this was post trib it would be rather well announced!

Upvote 0

Choose Wisely

Forgiven
Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2011
Texas
✟106,222.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
1 Thessalonians 4:16-17 is no more than the second advent of Jesus Christ and "The Last Day" resurrection of the "Dead In Christ"

The future resurrection of the believer takes place on "The Last Day" as Jesus Christ taught in John 6:40

"I Will Raise Him Up At The Last Day"
Hi Truth,
I'm sure you are confusing your verses. I think you are referring to this verse which regards the resurrection on the last day.

1 Cor 15
51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,
52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

There is no pre-tribulation rapture found in scripture.
They are everywhere.
A false teaching invented by John N. Darby 1830's and propagated by the C.I. Scofield bible reference notes 1909.
You should do a little honest research instead of passing along the same tired untruth.
The Ole Bait And Switch Trick!
Pretty sure it's the old wise virgin, unwise virgin story.
Jesus Christ Is Lord

Truth7t7
Amen

Reactions: JacksBratt
Upvote 0

Choose Wisely

Forgiven
Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2011
Texas
✟106,222.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The Lord Jesus Will Return "Immediately After The Future Tribulation" Matthew 24:29-31
Yes that's one of the days of the son of man. There happens to be more than one......just like the scripture says.
Luke 17
22 And he said unto the disciples, The days will come, when ye shall desire to see one of the days of the Son of man, and ye shall not see it.
23 And they shall say to you, See here; or, see there: go not after them, nor follow them.
24 For as the lightning, that lighteneth out of the one part under heaven, shineth unto the other part under heaven; so shall also the Son of man be in his day.

Upvote 0

Choose Wisely

Forgiven
Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2011
Texas
✟106,222.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

The Church is not in darkness as to this day of the thief.
Well, I read the scripture and here it is so you can read it. I also posted the prior verses so that we can keep things in context. First there is no mention of the church, he is talking to the .....but YE brethren....

1 thes 5
1 But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you.
2 For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.
3 For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.
4 But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief.

Secondly, those verses have absolutely noting to do with the pretribulation rapture. They have to do with the DAY OF THE LORD, the coming wrath. Therefore, you are not using them in correct context. If you want to find the verses that are in context and have to do with the pretribulation rapture you might try these.

Matt 24
42 Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come.
43 But know this, that if the goodman of the house had known in what watch the thief would come, he would have watched, and would not have suffered his house to be broken up.
44 Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh.

So here we see that the goodman does not know when the thief will come. These are verses about the coming pretribulation rapture.

I believe I have addressed all of your listed concerns properly. Be a wise virgin.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

The words "we" and "sleep" in 1 Thessalonians 5:10 prove that the timing of the event at the end of chapter 4 is found at the beginning of chapter 5, on the day of the Lord, when He comes as a thief.

Based on 2 Peter 3:10 and Revelation 16:15-16, it is clearly a Second Coming event.

• Winner
Reactions: Truth7t7
Upvote 0

Choose Wisely

Forgiven
Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2011
Texas
✟106,222.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The words "we" and "sleep" in 1 Thessalonians 5:10 prove that the timing of the event at the end of chapter 4 is found at the beginning of chapter 5, on the day of the Lord, when He comes as a thief.

Based on 2 Peter 3:10 and Revelation 16:15-16, it is clearly a Second Coming event.

1 Thes 5
10 Who died for us, that, whether we wake or sleep, we should live together with him.

This proves absolutely nothing regarding 1 Thes 4
2 Peter 3
10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

Rev 16
15 Behold, I come as a thief. Blessed is he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame.
These verses certainly refer to the day of the Lord, but they prove nothing regarding 1 thes 5 verse 10 having anything to to with 1 Thes 4

If you are looking for the verse that does have something to do with 1 thes 5 you might try verse 1

1 thes 5
1 But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you.

Make note that it does not say ......BUT OF THE TIME AND SEASON brethren.
That ought to turn the light on for you. Your argument AGAIN ........left wanting.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
1 Thes 5
10 Who died for us, that, whether we wake or sleep, we should live together with him.

This proves absolutely nothing regarding 1 Thes 4

These verses certainly refer to the day of the Lord, but they prove nothing regarding 1 thes 5 verse 10 having anything to to with 1 Thes 4

If you are looking for the verse that does have something to do with 1 thes 5 you might try verse 1

1 thes 5

Make note that it does not say ......BUT OF THE TIME AND SEASON brethren.
That ought to turn the light on for you. Your argument AGAIN ........left wanting.

Based on thousands of pages of commentary and sermons written at the time of the American Revolutionary War, the preachers of that time taught that the event at the end of 1 Thessalonians chapter 4 would occur at the beginning of Christ's Second Coming.

PROPHETIC DEVELOPMENTS
with particular reference to the early Brethren Movement.
F. Roy Coad (Brethren Historian) pages 10-26
http://brethrenhistory.org/qwicsitePro/php/docsview.php?docid=418

Lacunza, Manuel, “Coming of Messiah in Glory and Majesty“
PDF Files

Origin of the Pretrib Rapture Doctrine
Pastor Tim Warner
http://www.answersinrevelation.org/pretrib_history.pdf

Pretribulationist Revisionism
(Grant Jeffrey’s revision of early Church Posttrib viewpoints)
Pastor Tim Warner
http://www.answersinrevelation.org/Jeffrey.pdf

Upvote 0

jgr

Site Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟784,067.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

We can give thanks for the spiritual maturity that results from the tribulations that each of us experience, and for the resources that God supplies to see us through them.

John 16:33
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

Acts 14:22
Confirming the souls of the disciples, and exhorting them to continue in the faith, and that we must through much tribulation enter into the kingdom of God.

Romans 5:3
And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience;

2 Corinthians 1:4
Who comforteth us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort them which are in any trouble, by the comfort wherewith we ourselves are comforted of God.

1 Thessalonians 3:4
For verily, when we were with you, we told you before that we should suffer tribulation; even as it came to pass, and ye know.

Revelation 1:9
I John, who also am your brother, and companion in tribulation, and in the kingdom and patience of Jesus Christ, was in the isle that is called Patmos, for the word of God, and for the testimony of Jesus Christ.

Reactions: BABerean2
Upvote 0

Choose Wisely

Forgiven
Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2011
Texas
✟106,222.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
We can give thanks for the spiritual maturity that results from the tribulations that each of us experience, and for the resources that God supplies to see us through them.

John 16:33
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

Acts 14:22
Confirming the souls of the disciples, and exhorting them to continue in the faith, and that we must through much tribulation enter into the kingdom of God.

Romans 5:3
And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience;

2 Corinthians 1:4
Who comforteth us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort them which are in any trouble, by the comfort wherewith we ourselves are comforted of God.

1 Thessalonians 3:4
For verily, when we were with you, we told you before that we should suffer tribulation; even as it came to pass, and ye know.

Revelation 1:9
I John, who also am your brother, and companion in tribulation, and in the kingdom and patience of Jesus Christ, was in the isle that is called Patmos, for the word of God, and for the testimony of Jesus Christ.

Luke 21:36
Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.

Rev 3
7 And to the angel of the church in Philadelphia write; These things saith he that is holy, he that is true, he that hath the key of David, he that openeth, and no man shutteth; and shutteth, and no man openeth;

10 Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth.

God shut Noah in the Ark 7 days before the flood. The very day Lot left Sodom destruction comes. Noah represents the Gentile church. Lot represents the 12 tribes.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

jgr

Site Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟784,067.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Luke 21:36
Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.

Rev 3
7 And to the angel of the church in Philadelphia write; These things saith he that is holy, he that is true, he that hath the key of David, he that openeth, and no man shutteth; and shutteth, and no man openeth;

10 Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth.

God shut Noah in the Ark 7 days before the flood. The very day Lot left Sodom destruction comes. Noah represents the Gentile church. Lot represents the 12 tribes.

There's no escaping the aforecited tribulations. We're told to glory in them.

Upvote 0

Truth7t7

Dec 20, 2012
✟92,049.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi Truth,
I'm sure you are confusing your verses. I think you are referring to this verse which regards the resurrection on the last day.

1 Cor 15
51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,
52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

They are everywhere.

You should do a little honest research instead of passing along the same tired untruth.

Pretty sure it's the old wise virgin, unwise virgin story.

Amen
1 Thessalonians 4:16-17 has a resurrection of "The Dead In Christ", Jesus clearly teaches this resurrection takes place on "The Last Day" in John 6:40, John 11:23-24

You disregard this fact of scripture, and wander about with a teaching thats not found in the bible, as you teach in error of a different resurrection of " The Dead In Christ".

I will follow Jesus in "The Last Day" resurrection of "The Dead In Christ".

Jesus Christ Is Lord

Truth7t7

Last edited:
Reactions: BABerean2
Upvote 0

Choose Wisely

Forgiven
Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2011
Texas
✟106,222.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Based on thousands of pages of commentary and sermons written at the time of the American Revolutionary War, the preachers of that time taught that the event at the end of 1 Thessalonians chapter 4 would occur at the beginning of Christ's Second Coming.

PROPHETIC DEVELOPMENTS
with particular reference to the early Brethren Movement.
F. Roy Coad (Brethren Historian) pages 10-26
http://brethrenhistory.org/qwicsitePro/php/docsview.php?docid=418

Lacunza, Manuel, “Coming of Messiah in Glory and Majesty“
PDF Files

Origin of the Pretrib Rapture Doctrine
Pastor Tim Warner
http://www.answersinrevelation.org/pretrib_history.pdf

Pretribulationist Revisionism
(Grant Jeffrey’s revision of early Church Posttrib viewpoints)
Pastor Tim Warner
http://www.answersinrevelation.org/Jeffrey.pdf

Will watch the video tomorrow

Upvote 0

Choose Wisely

Forgiven
Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2011
Texas
✟106,222.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
There's no escaping the aforecited tribulations. We're told to glory in them.
Agreed. However these tribulations are a different story.

Matt 24
29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:

The pretrib rapture will occur and then the seals will begin being opened. The time of JACOBS TROUBLE....which is the 70th week of Daniel. Church is gone. Noah is in the Ark 7 days before the flood.

Upvote 0

jgr

Site Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟784,067.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Agreed. However these tribulations are a different story.

Matt 24
29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:

The pretrib rapture will occur and then the seals will begin being opened. The time of JACOBS TROUBLE....which is the 70th week of Daniel. Church is gone. Noah is in the Ark 7 days before the flood.
I don't see a pretrib rapture in that verse.

Upvote 0