Aug 27, 2014
✟430,124.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
My father worked with Yes on their Masterworks tour back in 2000, so I had the chance to see them then. They're amazing musicians, of course, though personally for me I could do with more than 8 songs in a multi-hour set...especially when they save "Roundabout" for last (of course!).

Upvote 0

Anhelyna

Handmaid of God
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2005
Glasgow , Scotland
✟1,298,429.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
JasonV

Father , since Army Matt has never actually given us his ID though we knew he was at St Tikhons and was ordained for service in the Military , until you decided so to do , perhaps now you would give us a link to your ordination - with full details - including photographs and your full civic name.

Upvote 0

Kaon

Mar 12, 2018
Los Angeles
✟111,507.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate
Agreed.

Being a priest doesn't mean he should have to put his information out there like this...

People demand it, and maybe the fighting/apologizing made the person put his information up as a pre-legitimization - something people will believe before someone's actual word (for some reason). Despite the strength and legitimacy of what you say, people want to feel like they are listening to someone "official".

However, I would never post my credentials on a forum. Anything I produce in terms of math/physics derivations and post - I sign and date (as well as secure); people will call you a fake and unqualified expecting you to defend yourself by 1) writing scholarly articles for them, and/or 2) presenting your graduate transcripts/degree/certificates, as it were. This is in spite of the quality of what is said.

Let your "Yes" be yes, and let your "no" be no.

Upvote 0

JasonV

Nov 2, 2017
USA
Visit site
✟26,455.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
JasonV

Father , since Army Matt has never actually given us his ID though we knew he was at St Tikhons and was ordained for service in the Military , until you decided so to do , perhaps now you would give us a link to your ordination - with full details - including photographs and your full civic name.

My last name is Voss. I was an Old Catholic priest, resigned. Was to be received in rank by a former bishop of the Milan Synod, but realized not only was that not the way to go, but he was an ecumenist. I'm now with the Avlona synod, and a Subdeacon. I'm sure you can google the rest if you want.

Upvote 0

Not David

I'm back!
Apr 6, 2018
USA
✟231,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
My last name is Voss. I was an Old Catholic priest, resigned. Was to be received in rank by a former bishop of the Milan Synod, but realized not only was that not the way to go, but he was an ecumenist. I'm now with the Avlona synod, and a Subdeacon. I'm sure you can google the rest if you want.
So you went from really Liberal to extreme Conservative?

Upvote 0

dzheremi

Coptic Orthodox non-Egyptian
Aug 27, 2014
✟430,124.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Is it too much of an overreaction to ask that this thread first be cleaned (of Fr. Matt's personal information and related posts), and then locked?

I am always at least a bit uncomfortable when a thread is started about a person by a different person, and this thread is a great example as to why that's not such a bad instinct. It not only seems inappropriate and strange, but it generally degenerates into something like what we're seeing here.

Lord have mercy.

Upvote 0

JasonV

Nov 2, 2017
USA
Visit site
✟26,455.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
if I have not put my information out there, clearly there is a reason, so why would you share information without my permission?

Father you make a lot of arguments "from authority", and because you are a priest, you don't really have to back them up because people here just assume you're right. But since it's so very upsetting, I'll delete all my comments on this thread save this one, and let it be.

• Friendly
Reactions: Not David
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

St. Helens

I stand with Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
CF Staff Trainer
Site Supporter
Jul 24, 2007
Lower Slower Minnesota
✟1,227,370.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
MOD HAT ON
Closed for review
Publicly releasing a person's identifiable information without their permission is a no go.
MOD HAT OFF

Upvote 0

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟778,161.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
MOD HAT ON

This thread is to remain permanently closed due to privacy concerns.

MOD HAT OFF

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.