Boyertown, PA.
✟768,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I realize in reading stuff here that I know almost nothing about the resident cleric, (other than he is married and a Republican.)

So Army Matt? What did you do in the army (are you still in perchance?)

Are you cradle or convert? Some stories of your conversion or maybe what your cradle church was like would be nice to hear.

Is your jurisdiction OCA or something Russian (guess based on your avatar)?

Other folks post your questions too.
Thanks,
Pavel

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,167,232.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I realize in reading stuff here that I know almost nothing about the resident cleric, (other than he is married and a Republican.)
You forgot about Fr Nutroll, our other resident cleric.
There also used to be another who is now clergy, Rdr Iakovos, but I suspect that parish and family life doesn't leave him time to post. He used to have a blog called "evlogeite" which then became "minor clergy".

Reactions: rusmeister
Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2008
Central California
✟274,069.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I must say I’m with you, Rus, even though I think the OP had good intentions...

Do you like having a lot of your information posted on a public thread under your name like a ready-made file for the KGB?

Upvote 0

The Faceless

Has A Face
Mar 20, 2019
Westeros
✟29,943.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Do you like having a lot of your information posted on a public thread under your name like a ready-made file for the KGB?
I must say I’m with you, Rus, even though I think the OP had good intentions...
Agreed.

Being a priest doesn't mean he should have to put his information out there like this...

Upvote 0

Pavel Mosko

Arch-Dude of the Apostolic
Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
You forgot about Fr Nutroll, our other resident cleric.
There also used to be another who is now clergy, Rdr Iakovos, but I suspect that parish and family life doesn't leave him time to post. He used to have a blog called "evlogeite" which then became "minor clergy".

I haven't seen him since I've been here. Or maybe I did but it was a one time post kind of thing.

Upvote 0

Pavel Mosko

Arch-Dude of the Apostolic
Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
The topic of "Finding God's will for my life" and other similar kinds of spiritual direction questions are the top category of downloadable sermons and personal questions asked of Coptic priests per Fr. Anthony Messeh in videos like the one below. Is this true of the EO as well?" Or if not want kind of things are EO more concerned about?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,339,553.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
....not a question, just a comment:

i didn't know that you're a Republican, Army Matt. :)

And another...you have one of the most kindest and compassionate hearts i've ever seen on CF. :)

Upvote 0

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,167,232.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
while I do appreciate the compliments, all I will say is my avatar is Elder Paisie Olaru.
And that you were born at a very early age.

Upvote 0

nutroll

Veteran
Apr 26, 2006
Boise, ID
Visit site
✟277,760.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I am a pretty dedicated lurker. I've been here for at least a dozen years. Since joining TAW, I met my wife, moved across the country, got married, was ordained a deacon, had three kids, and most recently ordained a priest. I don't post much because I get sucked into an argument too easily for my own good. I'm definitely not a historian, don't have great insights into theology, and haven't been a priest long enough to have developed amazing pastoral skills. So I mostly just read what people write. I pray for people that ask for prayer. I laugh at some of the funnies. My eyes glaze over when someone asks a very complicated question about history or obscure theological points, and then I go back to painting, changing poopy diapers, attempting to homeschool my boys, cooking meals for family and friends, and then starting the day again. Sometimes I miss interacting on here more, but there is something to be said for living life off the computer.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

nutroll

Veteran
Apr 26, 2006
Boise, ID
Visit site
✟277,760.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
And that you were born at a very early age.
I, on the other hand, was born old (or at least middle aged). I've been 45 for as long as I can remember even though I'm only 42. Hopefully this keeps up so when I'm 90 I'll still feel like I'm 45.

Upvote 0

AMM

A Beggar
Supporter
May 2, 2017
Virginia
✟329,845.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
In Relationship
while I do appreciate the compliments, all I will say is my avatar is Elder Paisie Olaru.
Thanks for that. When I first joined the forum I thought that was a photo of you. Then I was really confused the first time you mentioned something that indicated you were married. Because I thought you were a monk!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.