✟1,182,130.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Google and Facebook already do that.
Dunno about the credit score improvement.
It was a pain when my wife and I first applied for a home loan. We had always saved up money to buy things, rather than get them on credit and pay off the debt with interest. As a result, our credit rating did not exist and we were an unknown entity as far as the bank was concerned.
Similarly, when we moved back to Australia from Greece, we had trouble getting a rental property because we had no rental history for over a decade. Estate agents preferred applicants with any kind of rental history over an unknown.

• Informative
Reactions: Not David
Upvote 0

Chesterton

Whats So Funny bout Peace Love and Understanding
Site Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟868,740.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Could someone please ask my info, steal my identity, and improve my credit score?
Someone stole my identity once. 24 hours later they were at my front door, trying to give it back.

Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2008
Central California
✟274,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
While "Owner" is not even remotely close to my favorite Yes song, I don't find it an embarrassment at all. It is funny that Trevor Rabin admitted to writing the song while sitting on the toilet, and that he didn't think the song would amount to a hill of beans.....yet look what happened!

If you ever listen to Owner of a Lonely Heart in concert and Yes plays "Make it Easy" building up to it, the way "YesWest" always played it live, it is totally better.

I'm more of a fan of the 1970's Yes band. Steve Howe, whom I saw play this past summer with Yes up in Silicon Valley, though a complete pompous, egotistical, unlikeable weasel of a guy, was and remains a phenomenal guitar player. I loved Rick Wakeman. Bill Bruford, another jerk, was one heck of a drummer. Unrivaled. Alan White, another amazing drummer, saw him this past summer. I saw the late, great, legendary Chris Squire with Yes in 1994 on the "Talk" tour. Wow....amazing.

This past tour this summer was outstanding, but I must say them not having Jon Anderson singing as the front man.....it deflated me a tad. At the concert we also saw the crazy Arthur Brown as well as Carl Palmer from Emerson Lake and Palmer. Also, John Lodge from the Moody Blues was there. Great great show.

Best part was me meeting THE Roger Dean!!! Growing up as a teenage boy sitting in my bedroom all googly-eyed in awe of those Yes album covers....to meet the master who painted them all. What a thrill that was! He was at the summer concert show. Got autographs and photos. What fun.....

"Close to the Edge" and "Tales from Topographic Oceans" along with "The Yes Album" are my favorites.....oh, throw in "Relayer." Unreal.......

Yes is tight, but Owner of a Lonely Heart is an embarrassment.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Oct 15, 2008
Central California
✟274,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
True, but Yes had already broken up in 1979 after the Paris sessions broke down. Drama came next. Drama is a great album, but no Anderson. And they disbanded. Squire, Rabin, and White started a new band called Cinema. They actually had jammed with Jimmy Page also. They were considering calling the new band XYZ—-Ex-Yes/Zeppelin. It fell through though. Cinema morphed into Yes when Anderson returned....

@gurneyhalleck1 It seems a lot of great bands went down the tubes, when MTV came out, and record companies got them to crank out dreck that would be good for videos

Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2008
Central California
✟274,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You’re never too young to learn the holy and blameless music of progressive rock, young David-san!!

I guess I am too young to know what you guys are talking about.

Reactions: Not David
Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2008
Central California
✟274,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
036B57B6-9CA6-4F80-A605-A45BD743FF24.jpeg

Me in July with Roger Dean. I was as giddy as a little school girl...

Reactions: dzheremi
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.