• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Armegeddon/Gog-Magog same event?

Discussion in 'Eschatology - Endtimes & Prophecy Forum' started by LittleLambofJesus, Oct 29, 2009.

1. I view them as the same event

2. I view them as different events

3. I am not sure

4. Does it really matter?

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. LittleLambofJesus

LittleLambofJesus PESKY DEVIL! GIT! l SAID GIT! Supporter

+27,967
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Libertarian
    What are others views of the "armegeddon/gog-magog in Revelation.

I and some others are of the view they are 1 and the same event, since the Bible only mentions 1 Great Day of the Lord God Almighty.

From both Ezekiel 38 and 39 and Revelation

Gog an Magog used together in just 2 verses of the Bible: Ezekiel 38:2 and Revelation 20:8.

Ezekiel 38:2
    “Son of adam.
    Place! faces of thee to Gog, land of the Magog, prince of Rosh, Meshech and Tubal, and prophecy against him.

Ezekiel 39:6
    “And I send fire in Magog and and in those dwelling of the secure<983> coastlands>339> and they know that I Yahweh.

Ezekiel 39:
    17 " And thou, son of adam! thus says Adonay Yahweh,
    say thou! to bird<6833> of every wing, and to all of beast<2416> of the field<7704>:
    'be assembled<6908> ye! and come ye<935>! gather<622> ye from round about<5439> on sacrifice <2077>of Me which I sacrificing for ye,
    a great sacrifice on Mountains of Israel, and ye eat flesh and drink blood.
    18 Flesh of mighty-ones<1368> ye shall eat, and blood of princes<5387> of the Land ye shall drink, fat <3733> rams<352> and he-goats<6260>, young bulls<6499>, fatlings<4806 of Bashan<1316>, all of them.
    19 and ye fat<2459> to satisfaction and ye drind blood to drunkeness<7943> of My Sacrifice which I sacrifice for ye.
    20 You shall be filled<7646> at my table with mighty<1368> horse and chariot, and every man of war<4421> Adonay Yahweh.

============================================

2 Peter 3:12
    Hoping<4328> and hastening<4892> the parousia<2952> of the day of the GOD,
    thru which the heavens being fired<4448> shall be being dissolved/loosed<3089> and elements<4747> by burning is being melted<5080>

Revelation 16:
    14 For they are spirits of demons doing signs, which are going-out upon the kings of the whold home-land<3625>,
    to-be-together-leading/mobilizing/sunagagein <4863> (5629) them into the Battle of the great Day of the God the Almighty.
    16 And they together-leading/mobilize/sunagagein <4863> (5629) them into the Place, the being called to Hebrew Armageddwn<717>

Revelation 20:8
    and he shall be coming out<1831> to deceive<4105> the nations, the ones in the Four Corners of the land, the Gog/gwg <1136> and Magog/magwg <3098>,
    to be together-leading/mobilizing/sunagagein <4863> (5629) them into the Battle, of which the Number of them as the Sand<285> of the Se<2281>a.[Ezekiel 7:1-2]

Revelation 19:
    9 and he is saying to me: "Write! Happy the ones into the Supper<1173> of the wedding of the Lambkin having been invited"....................

17 And I another Messenger having stood<2476> in the sun,
    and he cries-out<2896> in great voice, saying to all the birds/orneoiV <3732>, the ones flying in mid-heaven, "hither<1205>! be ye being gathered!/sun-agesqe <4863> (5744) into the great Supper<1173> of the GOD.
    18 That ye may be eating fleshes of kings and fleshes of thousand-chiefs<5506> and fleshes of strong ones, and fleshes of horses and of the ones sitting on them and fleshes of all free ones<1658> besides also slaves<1401> and of small ones and of great ones<3173>
    ......[Zeph 1:17/Ezekiel 39:19]

============================================================================================================

Last edited: Mar 18, 2019
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. RibI

RibI Well-Known Member

+60
    Christian
    Married
    Armageddon, better known as the hill of Megiddo, over looking the plain or valley of Megiddo.

The battle of Amageddon happens at Christ's return.

The battle with Gog and Magog happens 1,000 years later when Satan is released for a short season and gathers Gog and Magog for battle.

Two different battles at two defferent times.
    Simple as that.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. LittleLambofJesus

+27,967
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Libertarian
    Thank you for you response and vote.

Is it really just a simple as that? :) If only it were ehehe.........

4. RibI

RibI Well-Known Member

+60
    Christian
    Married
    It is. And a hardy eheheh to you too.

5. LittleLambofJesus

+27,967
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Libertarian
    :)
    Any other views on this "simple" topic? Thanks

6. Gary51

Gary51 Senior Veteran

+181
    Christian Seeker
    Private
    I fully agree with you. It is most plain that they are two different events at two different times. And yes, it is indeed as simple as that, which scripture quite plainly points out.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. LittleLambofJesus

+27,967
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Libertarian
    Thank you.
    And also thank God we will only have to go thru one of those great "Battles" :thumbsup: :pray:

Reve 16:14 For they are spirits of demons doing signs which is going out upon the kings of whole the homed-one, to be together-assembling/gathering/sun-agagein <4863> (5629) them into the Battle of the Day, that the great of the God, the Almighty.

Reve 20:8 And he shall be coming out to deceive the Nations, the in the four corners of the land, the Gog and the Magog, together-assembling/gathering/sun-agagein <4863> (5629) them into the Battle of which the Number as the Sand of the Sea. [Reve 16:14]

8. Gary51

Gary51 Senior Veteran

+181
    Christian Seeker
    Private
    The topic is indeed simple, so why would there be need of other views? The bible is quite plain on the subject!

Two different events separated by 1000 years.

9. LittleLambofJesus

+27,967
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Libertarian
    Again.....I thank you for your view......I myself of course disagree. Any others? :wave:

10. Gary51

Gary51 Senior Veteran

+181
    Christian Seeker
    Private
    Those that live through the tribulation will see both battles.

11. LittleLambofJesus

+27,967
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Libertarian
    I am not going to debate this with you or others. This is simply a "fact finding" thread.

12. Gary51

Gary51 Senior Veteran

+181
    Christian Seeker
    Private
    Don't expect a large amount of folk taking part on this topic. But it would by nice if the poll were to increase.

Why do you disagree?

13. Gary51

Gary51 Senior Veteran

+181
    Christian Seeker
    Private
    I see, you boldly disagree with the simplicity of scripture and then refuse to explain why.

14. LittleLambofJesus

+27,967
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Libertarian
    Whatever........

I am just going to lurk awhile until I get more responses and input from other CF members :wave:

15. Gary51

Gary51 Senior Veteran

+181
    Christian Seeker
    Private
    I'm guessing your hoping for someone to pop up who shares your view, whatever that may be.

I'll keep my eye on the thread and see if a dabate will occur.

16. 1whirlwind

1whirlwind Senior Member

+127
    Non-Denom
    Married

:) My simple view is....Armageddon is a spiritual battle, one we are going through now. Satan gathers his crowds of believers as Jesus gathers us and then..."It is done." [Revelation 16:17]

There are two Gog/Magog battles. One, mentioned in Revelation, is at the end of the millennium when Satan is released for a short time.

The other, taught in Ezekiel, is at the end of this age...just before the second advent. I believe it is Russia and their allies against....America, on American soil in Alaska.

17. LittleLambofJesus

+27,967
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Libertarian
    :confused:
    Never heard of it viewed like that before. Interesting perspective on it though........:)

18. NJBeliever

NJBeliever Newbie

+38
    Christian
    Married
    US-Others
    Gog/Magog, Armageddon and the Rev 20 battle are 3 distinct, separate battles that occur before, during and after the Day of The Lord, respectively.

19. RibI

RibI Well-Known Member

+60
    Christian
    Married
    Huh?:doh::doh::doh:

20. LittleLambofJesus

+27,967
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Libertarian
    Oh my! This thread got put on the Eschatology board from the GT board :doh: :D