Arkansas
✟9,147.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
...I miss being able to grow anything and everything.

I am living in Tucson. (I remember answering this question maybe three and a half years ago)

Originally from New York. Moved to Tucson in '85, then to Scotts Valley CA in '97. It was back to NY in '99 and lastly back to Tucson AZ in April of 2004.

Anyone want to get together? We have people over to eat all the time and you are welcome. Let me know. (I'm a pretty good cook!)

Upvote 0

scraparcs

aka Mayor McCheese
Mar 4, 2002
Massachusetts
✟91,578.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Be right there in time for dinner! :p

It would be interesting to have meetups and stuff with CF types about here -- then again, the board culture has to be pretty supportive of it and provide a place where people in one area can gather online.

Upvote 0

Pats

I'll take that comment with a grain of salt
Oct 8, 2004
Arizona, in the Valley of the sun
Visit site
✟14,756.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Lel said:
Be right there in time for dinner! :p

It would be interesting to have meetups and stuff with CF types about here -- then again, the board culture has to be pretty supportive of it and provide a place where people in one area can gather online.

Hi Lel! Nifty meeting you in here. :)

I live in Mesa. Just moved back to the city from Queen Creek. What little I saved in Queen Creek I sure spent on gas. :eek: Glad to be back in closer to civilization.

Upvote 0

Pats

Oct 8, 2004
Visit site
✟14,756.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
dianne050 said:
Queen creek has really grown from a few years ago!!!

Oh yes. But it's still not really what ya call livin' in the city. I mean, the only thing near ya is a bank, gas station, and grocery store. It takes nearly 40 min. to get to the next closes anything after that!

Upvote 0

scraparcs

aka Mayor McCheese
Mar 4, 2002
Massachusetts
✟91,578.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
In college I had pals who talked about growing up in Queen Creek. They talked about how it was a little town of a few thousand out in the boondocks. In fact, I lived in a farther out town of a few thousand out in the boonies and our high schools were in the same athletic division.

Now, Queen Creek is much bigger than where I was raised.

Hi Pats! So, are you a varnished potato or an iron lung? :p (Just kidding, I know, yellow jellybean. I have the costume too. :) )

Upvote 0

eRev

Marginalized
Apr 23, 2002
Arkansas
✟9,147.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Pats said:
I live in Mesa. Just moved back to the city from Queen Creek.

We might be moving to Mesa ... depending on the outcome of a position I am a candidate for.

Honestly, I'd raher live someplace like Queen Creek. I'd love to have seven to ten acres, a solar panel, and live off the grid.

Peace,
eRev

Upvote 0

scraparcs

aka Mayor McCheese
Mar 4, 2002
Massachusetts
✟91,578.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
eRev said:
We might be moving to Mesa ... depending on the outcome of a position I am a candidate for.

Honestly, I'd raher live someplace like Queen Creek. I'd love to have seven to ten acres, a solar panel, and live off the grid.

Peace,
eRev

You'll have to go farther out than Queen Creek nowadays for that kind of land and no electricity. I know some people in Arizona who do that, though.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

3toraiseup

Kati
Apr 2, 2004
Arizona
✟1,886.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
We camped out in Mount Lemmon this weekend (which is beautiful, btw). To get there, we drove about 30 minutes through Tucson allowing us the opportunity to see a good snapshot of the city. Tucson is a place I'd really like to live. Homes were more spaced out, the landscape was more natural -- less forced than it is in Phoenix. We live in the foothills and I really like the area that we live in, but it is just urban sprawl. I like living close to groceries, but I'd love having some land and my own personal windmill.

Upvote 0

dianne050

Legend
Jan 6, 2006
United states
✟47,038.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
What gets me about the housing in the past few years they are builing all these home that look exactly alike...everywhere!!!!And the colors look like the desert! I have a older home and would not give it up for anything!!!!!I cannot believe how fast all the neighborhoods are building up!!!The only good thing about them is they have alot of parks around the communities!!!

Upvote 0

3toraiseup

Kati
Apr 2, 2004
Arizona
✟1,886.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
dianne050 said:
What gets me about the housing in the past few years they are builing all these home that look exactly alike...everywhere!!!!And the colors look like the desert! I have a older home and would not give it up for anything!!!!!I cannot believe how fast all the neighborhoods are building up!!!The only good thing about them is they have alot of parks around the communities!!!

LOL! We have to paint our house this Fall and are picking out colors now, because of the homeowner's assoc. lengthy application process. First, we choose from the approved list of colors, then we submit our selections to the board for approval (of the approved color).

My paint chips arrived in the mail today: tan, dark tan or light tan. It's a tough decision... not choosing a color, but deciding if one chip is actually different than another!

Upvote 0

Pats

Oct 8, 2004
Visit site
✟14,756.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Lel said:
Now, Queen Creek is much bigger than where I was raised.

Hi Pats! So, are you a varnished potato or an iron lung? :p (Just kidding, I know, yellow jellybean. I have the costume too. :) )

:p

So, where abouts are you, Lel?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

dianne050

Legend
Jan 6, 2006
United states
✟47,038.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I have a home built in the 50s.....made out of red brick!I do not have the home association either!I just cannot understand how they can tell you what color to paint your house or what you can or cannot do..plus you have to pay them to decide your decisions on your own home!

Upvote 0

dianne050

Legend
Jan 6, 2006
United states
✟47,038.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Yes that is true just have heard stories on the news where some peole cannot even have flags....have some co workers who complain about being told whay to do!We have a neighborhood association...we do not pay for it ,but we have meetings and if we see someone with a eyesore report it to the city of Phoenix and they warn then cite that person if not complied to!

Upvote 0