Kati
Apr 2, 2004
Arizona
✟1,886.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
We were driving home from swimming lessons when the storm hit. It rained a lot at the swimming facility, so much so that I actually had windshield wipers on, but the closer I got to home, the less drops I saw! The storm didn't make it to my house which is only 4 miles from the lessons.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

PaladinWithGun2

Warning: Contents Under Pressure
May 20, 2006
Huntsville, Texas
✟18,748.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Pats said:
Hi Lel! Nifty meeting you in here. :)

I live in Mesa. Just moved back to the city from Queen Creek. What little I saved in Queen Creek I sure spent on gas. :eek: Glad to be back in closer to civilization.
Funny, I spent 5 years in Florence (working, before anyone gets the willies), moved back to Tucson, and now a year later I'm heading back to Florence. Sigh. I was liking civilization too much, I guess.

Upvote 0

PaladinWithGun2

May 20, 2006
Huntsville, Texas
✟18,748.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
My stepdad decided to retire just west of Tucson in Avra Valley in 1973 on a whim - an old friend had a piece of property there and he'd basically give it to him dirt cheap. I was a Marine Corp brat that had grown up by the ocean: eight years in Hawaii, with time in California, North Carolina. Can you say "culture shock?"

Anyway, I finished school, joined the Army, and went as far from Arizona as I could, but I felt this state calling me home. I fell in love with the fall weather, driving convertibles on a warm spring night, and watching the greatest sunsets on Earth. I learned to see the beauty of the desert and the creatures that call it home.

The desert is harsh, but at least it comes straight at you and warns you "Don't play around or I'll kil you." When I was in Colorado Springs I went hiking on a June afternoon that hit 85 degrees and got snowed on. LOTS of snow. Hey, that's just not right.

Anyway, what do you all love about Arizona? What makes it special to you?

Upvote 0
H

Hidden face_Hurting heart

I'm currently in Tucson- for the past 5 years anyway. Some things about it I LOVE- like AMAZING sunsets, beautiful mountains on every side, lots of rainbows,and flowers blooming in February. I have to say though...When you get off a plane in the midwest (my former home) you smell lush grass and leaved and plants....and when you get off a plane here you smell....well...dirt!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

eRev

Marginalized
Apr 23, 2002
Arkansas
✟9,147.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
yo PaladinWithGun2; Glad you are back home!

Back in '85 I came down from Albany, NY on my way to California and a new begining. I was going to visit my brother for a week or two and head west. The sunrise and sunset, the different shades of green and brown, the mountians all around, looking out to see the sky as opposed to up were some of the many reasons I fell in love with this state.

Then I met my lovely wife and we began 'being fruitful and multiplying' ... Vickie was born and raised here, a real desert rat. This is our home, although we lived in CA for a spell, and in NY for almost seven years, we are back home now for just over two. If we have anything to say about it, we aren't leaving the great state of Arizona!

yo Hidden Face; do you play/sing with the worship team at your church?

Upvote 0

PaladinWithGun2

May 20, 2006
Huntsville, Texas
✟18,748.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
eRev said:
This is our home, although we lived in CA for a spell, and in NY for almost seven years, we are back home now for just over two. If we have anything to say about it, we aren't leaving the great state of Arizona!

I really love the mountains. Right now I live at the foot of Pusch Ridge, and every day I watch the shadows drift acoss the Catalinas, changing their appearance, and every once in a while I see them in a new way, even after being here for so long. I have to move back to Florence because my unit will start 12 hr shifts on the 29th, and the commute would kill me - it already makes for a fourteen-hour day as it is. Florence doesn't have mountains close by, and I'm sure I'll miss them.

My wife is 100% desert rat, born here in Tucson, and she takes it hard when all the developers start tearing up desert to put in golf courses. I mean, how many golf courses do you need?

Upvote 0

scraparcs

aka Mayor McCheese
Mar 4, 2002
Massachusetts
✟91,578.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
PaladinWithGun2 said:

My wife is 100% desert rat, born here in Tucson, and she takes it hard when all the developers start tearing up desert to put in golf courses. I mean, how many golf courses do you need?

Apparently the number is infinite.

Upvote 0

PaladinWithGun2

May 20, 2006
Huntsville, Texas
✟18,748.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Lel said:
Apparently the number is infinite.
Yes, but why? Golf courses use water we really can't replace. And a lot of subdivisons they build could be in any state, as anonymous as they are. Kind of steals the individuality of the state, you know.

Upvote 0