Dec 28, 2001
Visit site
✟20,061.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Originally posted by KarmaChameleon
The concept of future sin is certainly a dangerous one. If future sins are not forgiven upon the acceptance of Christ, then you cannot be sure that you will be saved. It will always be possible for you to committ one or two sins and then die without having repented, and without having been forgiven.

As Andrew pointed out--when Jesus died for our sins, all of our sins were future sins.

Jesus death paid for them all! 
:clap:

Upvote 0

dignitized

Aug 5, 2005
✟29,618.00
Originally posted by KarmaChameleon
The concept of future sin is certainly a dangerous one. If future sins are not forgiven upon the acceptance of Christ, then you cannot be sure that you will be saved. It will always be possible for you to committ one or two sins and then die without having repented, and without having been forgiven.

EXACTLY!!  :D

Scripture is clear that repentance is required for the forgiveness of sin. I'll not flood the thread with quotations of scripture to prove what we all agree.  What more, if you examine scripture you will see that repentance is not just saying - Gee I'm sorry - repentance is much more.

Upvote 0

linda4jesus

Are you Rapture Ready?
Dec 15, 2002
Visit site
✟424.00
Faith
Non-Denom
OOOh that sin word......lol Yes we all are sinners IMHO....when we ASK Jesus into our life and heart and truly repent of our sins, He forgives us and our names are written in HIS book of life. He will be our attorney when we enter the pearly gates, and as we are ushered toward the throne....He will step forward and proudly declare....that child is Mine. Praise God!

I know that I sin still....we all do...we are in the flesh and sin will be a constant battle until that Great Day that our Lord returns for us. But since I've been born again I'm more conscious of my sin and the HS convicts me very quickly. I ask the Lord to forgive me and give me wisdom....then move on. I also continually pray for a hedge of protection around me and mine to keep temptation from us.

Upvote 0

SnuP

A son of the Most High
Jul 22, 2002
Florida
Visit site
✟9,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Jesus died to remove sin and its control, not just the consequences. Remember that Jesus lead captivity captive. The cross represents the destruction of that captivity.

What I am saying that the part of you that still sins is the part of you that has not experienced the cross. The part that has not been regenerated, has not been laid down at Jesus's feet. It is the part that is not dead yet.

Upvote 0

linda4jesus

Are you Rapture Ready?
Dec 15, 2002
Visit site
✟424.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Originally posted by SnuP
Jesus died to remove sin and its control, not just the consequences. Remember that Jesus lead captivity captive. The cross represents the destruction of that captivity.

What I am saying that the part of you that still sins is the part of you that has not experienced the cross. The part that has not been regenerated, has not been laid down at Jesus's feet. It is the part that is not dead yet.

Romans 6

1What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?

2 God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?

3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?

4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

5 For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:

6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.

7 For he that is dead is freed from sin.

8 Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him:

9 Knowing that Christ being raised from the dead dieth no more; death hath no more dominion over him.

10 For in that he died, he died unto sin once: but in that he liveth, he liveth unto God.

11 Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.

12 Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof.

13 Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God.

14 For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.

15 What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.

16 Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?

17 But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you.

18 Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness.

19 I speak after the manner of men because of the infirmity of your flesh: for as ye have yielded your members servants to uncleanness and to iniquity unto iniquity; even so now yield your members servants to righteousness unto holiness.

20 For when ye were the servants of sin, ye were free from righteousness.

21 What fruit had ye then in those things whereof ye are now ashamed? for the end of those things is death.

22 But now being made free from sin, and become servants to God, ye have your fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting life.

23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

SnUp,

I have to admit, at first I was ready to debate this one with you....but I prayed about it and you are right. I've been praying all week for Jesus to help me deal with some sin issues that I have..(Praise you God...You are SO AWESOME)....and low and behold you put Romans 6 in two sentences.

Bless you.

Upvote 0

SnuP

A son of the Most High
Jul 22, 2002
Florida
Visit site
✟9,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I'm glad that God used my words to help you in your situation. My pastor says that Jesus didn't die to make us progressivly better. God wants to kill us and then replace us. Replace our flesh with His Spirit. He did not come to fix us, He came to kill us.

"and whoever loses his life for my sake will find it." That is find real life.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

linda4jesus

Are you Rapture Ready?
Dec 15, 2002
Visit site
✟424.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Originally posted by SnuP
I'm glad that God used my words to help you in your situation. My pastor says that Jesus didn't die to make us progressivly better. God wants to kill us and then replace us. Replace our flesh with His Spirit. He did not come to fix us, He came to kill us.

"and whoever loses his life for my sake will find it." That is find real life.

I am having a major goose bump moment. This is so surreal....I love it when HE talks to me directly. Praise YOU JESUS!

I'm not consumed in sin, but I've had some 'flesh' issues ...ok....sins..... since becoming a Christian. I have been praying that He reveal my sins to me....which of course HE HAS..

Romans 6 speaks to me so much.

SnuP...God has used you to help me ....this is so awesome.

Upvote 0

SnuP

A son of the Most High
Jul 22, 2002
Florida
Visit site
✟9,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I'm just glad that you are one who can recieve. keep listening, there is alot that He wants to tell you. Get ready, your life is about to change, but don't stop worshipping, it is the vehicle into the glory. The moment that you stop lifting Him up is the moment that you stop moving, but God never stops moving. Keep worshipping Him, you are about touch something wonderful.

Upvote 0

Terri

Senior Veteran
Dec 28, 2001
Visit site
✟20,061.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I remember when I first realized that I was "dead."

I was kind of complaining in my own mind about how I was being treated by my husband.  The thought came to me that how I was treated was irrelevant-------

At first I was shocked.  How could how I am treated be irrelevant?  Then I realized what God was trying to tell me.

I have died so it doesn't matter how people treat me.  Wow, what an eye opener.  Don't get very angry at people anymore!
  :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Terri

Senior Veteran
Dec 28, 2001
Visit site
✟20,061.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Originally posted by linda4jesus
Amen Terri!

Two days ago I would have read your post and thought what is wrong with that girl..........now I totally get it! I am looking at life through an entirely new set of eyes today. It is so awesome!

:clap: :clap: :clap: Linda I am so happy for you that you got this revelation!  It seems to take such a burden off of you doesn't it.

We are dead--PRAISE GOD!  I just want to shout!

:bow: Jesus

Upvote 0

linda4jesus

Are you Rapture Ready?
Dec 15, 2002
Visit site
✟424.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Originally posted by Terri
 :clap: :clap: :clap: Linda I am so happy for you that you got this revelation!  It seems to take such a burden off of you doesn't it.

We are dead--PRAISE GOD!  I just want to shout!

:bow: Jesus

Terri,

Thank you so much! I am walking around with this grin on my face. My husband is so grouchy tonight, I'm not even taking it personal like I use too. I feel like the veil has been lifted...I was blind and now I see.

Praise God Terri, we are dead!!

Upvote 0

Andrew

Feb 25, 2002
✟13,840.00
Faith
Non-Denom
ALL are sinners. Where do you people get off saying we aren't sinners?

No one is doubting the fact that we all still sin every now and then. But that's besides the point.

In God's eyes, we are no longer in a sinnership state. we have moved from death to life. Hello there's been a change. therefore God no longer addresses us as sinners but his children, joint heirs with his Son, the righteousness of God himself in Christ, saints, the beloved of the Lord, a royal priesthood etc. so why shld we still view ourselves as sinners?? YOU'LL NEVER FIND PAUL ADDRESSING THE CHURCH AS SINNERS! So why do you want to be the first?

The Bible esp in Paul's epistles keeps reminding us of who we are in Christ so that we can start living up to who we really are in Christ. The more we realise how much Christ has done for us and given us, the more we realise who we really are in Christ, the more we will want to live up to it and do away with sin.

It's like the poor pickpocket boy who steals becos he believes he's poor. Then one day, someone tells him that he's actually a prince by birth. Now the more he believes that and the more revelation he has in that, the more he loses the desire to steal. But if you keep telling him he's still poor and a thief at heart, you aint helping him live up to his high calling.

THEREFORE, you are doing a disservice to the church and God's purpose by constantly reminding Christians that they are still sinners. That, the devil is good at -- the accuser of our brethren -- always telling us what we have done wrong.

we all have the same aim of eradicating sin in our lives and living holy lives. but the methods we use differ. i'm saying the way to do it is to tell people who they really are in Christ. -- making them righteous conscious is the antidote to sin, not making them sin conscious.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.