Not open for further replies.

sklippstein

Nov 2, 2002
Florida
Visit site
✟9,351.00
Faith
Catholic
i think the majority vote is in agreement that even though we are saved...yes we are sinners. I do not believe we are sin free here on earth, that would be perfection. I do not think i can attain perfection here....only in glory, but this doesn't mean that i shouldn't strive to be perfect as Christ was.

Upvote 0

SnuP

A son of the Most High
Jul 22, 2002
Florida
Visit site
✟9,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Obviously, but that refers to the state of fallen man not the state of redemed man.

You made this statement:
I do not believe we are sin free here on earth, that would be perfection.

That is what I want you to prove with scripture. Not weather or not every man has commited sin, that thas noting to do with the state of man after salvation which is what we are discussing.

Upvote 0

SnuP

A son of the Most High
Jul 22, 2002
Florida
Visit site
✟9,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Christ put me on the same level, humanly speaking, not devinely speaking.

6Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did.

What do you think that it means to walk as Jesus walked, doesn't that atleast mean not subject to the darkness that controls the lives of the unsaved. Why do you believe that if Jesus "saved you from your sins" that your are still in bondage to sin. Isn't that an oximorone that limits the power of Christ to deliver.

I don't claim to be equal to Christ. But I believe that Christ has impowered me not to be a servant to sin. Rather a servant to Christ.

Upvote 0

Andrew

Feb 25, 2002
✟13,840.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Andrew - stop thinking of the spirit as LINEAR!! WHen you can grasp that Christ is on the cross, on his throne, in the hearts of believers, in the womb of Mary, and Coming again in glory all NOW you will begin to actually see.

irrelevant. you need to be baptised with the Holy Spirit, then he will guide you into all truth.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

dignitized

Aug 5, 2005
✟29,618.00
Snup: welp first of all there is the fact that GOD created ALL espoused by the whole of Scripture and then there is GEn chapter 1 where it states that on the 4th day God created the SUN and the MOON and the stars - WHY? for SEASONS and for portents. WHat is time? Time is a measure. What does it Measure? Look at the measures of time - what is a second? a division of a minute. what is a minute? a division of an Hour? what is an Hour? a division of a DAY? what is a day? the expanse of existance between the setting of the sun until its next setting. What is a day? a division of a week - what is a week? a dision of a month? what is a Month? a LUNAR CYCLE. what is a month? a division of a season. What is a season? a division of a year. what is a Year - the completing of an orbital cycles during which the earth experiences seasons. what are the measures of time dependant upon? the sun and the moon and the stars :)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.