• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Are you still a sinner?

Discussion in 'Non-denominational' started by Anthony, Nov 16, 2002.

Are you still a sinner?

1. I am saved, but still am a sinner

2. I am saved, and no longer a sinner

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anthony

Anthony Generic Christian

+42
    Christian
    After accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior, and your Christian walk begins. Even though your future sins are bought and paid for, are you still a sinner going forward? Are you no longer a sinner?

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. hraedisc

hraedisc Veteran

+16
    SDA
    Future sins are not licensed by a past confession. That lesson was never taught in God's sanctuary service in the OT.
    Future sins are avoided by receiving the life of God now. If we reject the victory that God wants to give, we can always be restored if we ask in sincerity.

3. arab4christ

arab4christ Member

+0
    Thank you Anthony for this post and great answer (fish)

We will always be sinners no matter what, but we also know we are saved. Not much else to that...No human is perfect here in this world, and just cuz we are saved does not mean our sins suddenly do not become sins anymore. :)

God bless

a4c

4. Blindfaith

Blindfaith God's Tornado

+76
    Non-Denom
    Yes, I'm saved, but still a sinner :cry:

I'm in the sanctification process, to become more Christ-like in my character, but I won't be completely clean and cloaked in His righteousness until I'm glorified.

Did that makes sense?

~Peace in Christ,

Terri

5. Reformationist

Reformationist Non nobis domine sed tuo nomine da gloriam

+412
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    All people will continue to sin as long as we are in this broken vessel, though hopefully less as we mature in our faith.  The difference between the sins of the saved and the sins of the unsaved is that those that are saved are subject to the "law of sin" (Rom 7:25), and the unsaved are subject to the "law of sin and death" (Rom 8:2).

God bless

6. hraedisc

hraedisc Veteran

+16
    SDA
    "All people will continue to sin as long as we are in this broken vessel..."

I don't read that in my Bible.

From the time Jesus ceases His intercession as High Priest until the rapture/resurrection, there is no more sinning among the ones who are truly saved and have the seal of God in the end times.

"No lie was found in their mouths; they are blameless." Rev 14:5

"let him who does right continue to do right; and let him who is holy continue to be holy." Rev 22:11

"Fine linen, bright and clean, was given her to wear. (Fine linen stands for the righteous acts of the saints.)" Rev 19:8

"the rest of her offspring--those who obey God's commandments and hold to the testimony of Jesus." Rev 12:17

"This calls for patient endurance on the part of the saints who obey God's commandments and remain faithful to Jesus." Rev 14:12

7. Anthony

+42
    Christian
    There is no more sinning? Word Games. 

So when I sin, it's what not called a sin? Or I still sin, but It is only a mistake, because in general I am technically no longer a sinner? Or the old self can still sin, and the new self doesn't sin. So the new self is never a sinner, but the old self does? But since we are a new creation we are no longer sinners?

Say what :sigh: 

8. Michie

Michie Human rights begin in the womb. Supporter

+39,655
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    I think we are still sinners but forgiven sinners.

As Blindfaith said, we are in the process of santification.

We keep running that race to reach that goal to perfection.

I do not believe that any honest believer can say they have never sinned since their salvation experience.

We won't stop goofing up till we are out of this flesh.

9. SpiritPsalmist

SpiritPsalmist Heavy lean toward Messianic Supporter

+1,398
    United States
    Charismatic
    Single
    2 Corinthians 5:17 
    Therefore if any man [be] in Christ, [he is] a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

According to this scripture which says I'm a new creature, to continue to say I'm a sinner is to say that Christ did not really finish it all like He claimed.  (See John 17:4 and 19:30)

In Romans 7 Paul refers to the battle between the heart and the flesh.  We are made new in our spirit, however, our flesh continues to be something we have to kill.

So, even though I'm likely to get much flack over this answer, I refuse to declair that I am a sinner when Jesus redeemed me from sin and it's law. Daily, He and I are working at killing the flesh that want's to defy that truth.

Jesus either finished the job or He did'nt.  I personally believe He did.   :bow:

10. Blindfaith

Blindfaith God's Tornado

+76
    Non-Denom
    So.....you never have one single solitary bad thought?

You never think bad of anyone, no matter who/what they are or have done or do?

You never, ever go over the posted speed limit?

Are you absolutely and positively holy and perfect?

If not, you're still a sinner.

Sanctification is the process in this lifetime to become for Christ like.  We will not be like Christ until He comes back.....

One other thought ~ if we see ourselves as sinless and perfect (which only Christ is), then how can we be humble of spirit as He tells us to be in the Sermon on the Mount?  That is a continual process for me....

11. Anthony

+42
    Christian
    Quaffer

What is your definition of a sinner? I think we have a problem in definitions. When we talk to people in our everyday conversations, saying we are not sinners is very confusing to say the least. New believers have a hard enough time as it is, let alone adding to it with "Double Talk". I still sin, but I'am no longer a sinner? I still steal, but I'am no longer a thief? I still Lie, but I am no longer a lier.

The fact is we still sin, and we are still being disobedient to God. As long as we continue to be disobedient to God we are acting like a sinner. If we are acting like a sinner, then if it talks like a duck, and walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck . . . it's a duck.

PS - Quaffer I respond to Metaphor Question
    God is a Spirit or a Physical Body?

12. I can eat 50 eggs

I can eat 50 eggs what we have here is a failure to communicate

+16
    Christian
    1 john 1:8
    "If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us

Anthony, it appears you have been getting into some Word of Faith preaching. BE VERY CAREFUL! this is some odd stuff to say the least. You really need to pour over scripture, and carefully hold up what they are trying to sell you.

13. ZiSunka

ZiSunka It means 'yellow dog'

+276
    Christian
    Though I am saved and dead to sin, my natural human nature is still alive, prompting me to do selfish, sinful things. But now that I am dead to sin, it's up to me to decide whether or not to give in to those temptations. I am not slave to them anymore. They don't drag me around by the nose.

14. Jenna

Jenna Senior Veteran

+179
    Messianic
    Married
    US-Constitution
    Yup, I'm a sinner. I'm nowhere near perfect. I try and I try, but I know that I'll just never make it on my own. Thank God ! I don't have to! I'll be a sinner til the day that I die. I just have to wait until then to get this thorn out of my side.

15. Anthony

+42
    Christian
    Eggman

I hear you on the WOF doctrines, I'm right there with you. I phrased my original question in a netural tone as not to state my belief.

See more on what started this discussion:

http://www.christianforums.com/threads/27005-3.html

16. I can eat 50 eggs

+16
    Christian
    oh good, I thought maybe you were buying into that stuff, glad to see I was wrong. That other discussion is interesting.

17. SpiritPsalmist

SpiritPsalmist Heavy lean toward Messianic Supporter

+1,398
    United States
    Charismatic
    Single
    Please point out to me the part of my post where I said my flesh no longer sins. 

Paul made the distinctions pretty clear in Romans 7.  Did you read it?  His new nature desires to do what is obedient to Christ, however, his flesh keeps getting in the way.

Man is 3 parts. . .body, soul, spirit.  Jesus did not die so that my flesh could go to heaven.  He died so that my spirit would go to heaven.  My body is not me, my spirit is me. 

My spirit is washed by His blood and I am a completely new person.  My flesh however has to be killed.  My flesh still sins, but my spirit does not.

And Anthony, while your reasoning makes sense to the mind, we are not ducks.  Christ did not shed His blood for ducks.  He shed it for humans stuck in a shell made of flesh so that when their flesh physically died, their spirits could live eternally with Him.

18. I can eat 50 eggs

+16
    Christian
    WHere do you get this idea that your flesh and spirit are seperate? When did the seperation take place?

19. Anthony

+42
    Christian
    Flesh, Spirit, and Soul.

My Soul; but the Spirit? Is this spirit you talk about the Holy Spirit? The Flesh sins, so until we die we the Flesh will sin. My flesh must become smaller so that the Spirit and become Larger. Now many once we become one in Christ we are no longer 100% sinners anymore, but we still sin. And we deceive others by such such statements.

Do you think is is a good Idea for Christians to go around and tell people they are no longer sinners?

The Duck thing was an anology :holy:

20. Blindfaith

Blindfaith God's Tornado

+76
    Non-Denom
    Yes, Quaffar, I did read your posts. 

From your posts, it's my understanding that you believe you are no longer a sinner, hence, my questions, which you didn't answer btw.  Do you ever sin?  If you do, doesn't that make you a sinner?  Yes, any who accept Christ as their Saviour is redeemed, but you are not perfect until you are glorified.  I believe that is the point that everyone is making here. 

Knowing that we are redeemed, and being in awe of God's saving grace, leads us to an attitude of gratitude, humbleness, gratefulness and humbleness. 

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.