✟393,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Eldins Wife,

A bad thought passing through your head is not sin. A bad thought stopping and setting up house is. And the sins in the past are under the blood and no longer used against us. What we do in the future we can control. We don't have to sin.

Upvote 0

dignitized

Aug 5, 2005
✟29,618.00
Yesterday at 05:04 PM Quaffer said this in Post #201

Eldins Wife,

A bad thought passing through your head is not sin. A bad thought stopping and setting up house is. And the sins in the past are under the blood and no longer used against us. What we do in the future we can control. We don't have to sin.

The sins of the past are coverd by the blood as long as we leave them under the blood.  We can take them back.  The dog returns to his vomit . . . .

Upvote 0

chelcb

'Totus tuus'
Jan 11, 2003
Visit site
✟2,163.00
Yesterday at 07:57 PM Eldons Wife said this in Post #202

Not held against us as far as we still go to Heaven. I know that.

I am not hear to debate this, and I will not even respond to the answer I just want to have a little more understanding of this, what else besides it keeping you out of heaven would it do? I mean isn't that the penelty, losing grace? What other penelties are there?

Upvote 0

SpiritPsalmist

Heavy lean toward Messianic
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2002
Southeast Kansas
✟393,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Yesterday at 08:57 PM Eldons Wife said this in Post #202

Not held against us as far as we still go to Heaven. I know that.

I am curious about this statement too Eldons Wife. 

We still get to go to heaven. . .so, in what ways are our forgiven sins, still held against us?

Upvote 0

dignitized

Aug 5, 2005
✟29,618.00
Today at 01:12 PM Quaffer said this in Post #204

So, if my past sins are under the blood, where I choose to leave them, then I was a sinner.  And it's God Who says my covered by the blood sins are no longer held against me.

and what of your present sins? your future sins?  The sins you commited without even knowing?  The ones you will commit without intending to? 

Upvote 0

SnuP

A son of the Most High
Jul 22, 2002
Florida
Visit site
✟9,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Yesterday at 02:22 PM Eldons Wife said this in Post #199

If you are saved you are saved from your sins, but you still sin .Everytime you have abad thought you sin.If you drink a cup of coffee I mean thats caffiene, so you are harming the temple of God. I cant hardly believe that you think just because you walk close to the Lord you never sin.
Prove this using scripture.

That is the second time that you have made such a statement without any scriptural backing.

In addition.  We were not just saved from sin.  Cleansing us from sin was not even the purpose of salvation.  It is only a by product.  If this is the only amount of salvation that a person walks in than it is easy to see why they are still sinning after salvation.

What do you think the real purpose of salvation was?

Upvote 0

SnuP

A son of the Most High
Jul 22, 2002
Florida
Visit site
✟9,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
James 1
13When tempted, no one should say, “God is tempting me.” For God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does he tempt anyone; 14but each one is tempted when, by his own evil desire, he is dragged away and enticed. 15Then, after desire has conceived, IT gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, gives birth to death.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SnuP

A son of the Most High
Jul 22, 2002
Florida
Visit site
✟9,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
8If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. 9If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 10If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

Did you notice the progression? Did you ever ask yourself why the tence changes from verse 8 to verse 10? In verse 5 John was talking about the message that we heard, which is verse 9. The progession is: verse 8 is the unregenerated man. Verse 10 is the regenerated man. Other wise chapter 2 doesn't make any sence.

1My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:

Notice this verse:
6He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.
How can you walk as He walked and still be a sinner?

Upvote 0

SnuP

A son of the Most High
Jul 22, 2002
Florida
Visit site
✟9,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
You would bear the fruit of the seed of sin in the natural. In otherwords sin causes seperation, seperation from God, seperation from love ones. Seperation from God means seperation from the life that gives healing and deliverance. If we are to remain in Christ then we have to keep up our relationship and not allow anything to seperate us from His love and life and fellowship. Chasing God is the easiest way to remain in Christ and keep from sinning and being seperated.

Upvote 0

SpiritPsalmist

Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2002
Southeast Kansas
✟393,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Yesterday at 10:53 PM Br. Max said this in Post #207

and what of your present sins? your future sins?  The sins you commited without even knowing?  The ones you will commit without intending to? 

REPENTANCE!    :bow:   Once I repent (turn around and don't do it again) they are no longer held against me. THEY ARE UNDER THE BLOOD OF JESUS!

I don't plan on future sins.  But if I do any, I plan to repent.  Quite simple, don't ya think?

Quaffer

Upvote 0

Andrew

Feb 25, 2002
✟13,840.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Jesus died for all our sins past pesent and future once and for all. That's common sense and obvious enough becos when he died for us, we were not even born yet, so of cse all our sins had to be future when he died for us.

This idea that you are forgiven of only past sins when you got saved is illogical. Think abt it: If that were true, it wld mean that you have to make sure you confess and receive forgiveness for EVERY sin from the time you are saved to the time you breathe your last, becos if you don't it wld mean entering heaven (or hell for those who believe OSNAS) with unconfessed/unforgiven sins. It's simply not possible to confess every sin you commit -- anyone who thinks that's poss is simply kidding himself.

And the whole idea of confession (of sin) is wrong. When you sin, you DONT confess what you did wrong. You confess your righteousness in Christ. CONFESS in the Greek means "same word" ie say the same word with God (who else!) regarding your sins -- that he remembers them no more and doesnt impute sin to you everytime you sin! -- that is a BASIC witness of the Holy Spirit!

So when one sins, he is to confess his RIGHTEOUSNESS IN CHRIST, that God remembers no more and that it is not imputed. He is to thank God for all this becos of Jesus' finished work and then move on!

Its so simple:

When we are sick, we dont confess our sickness but our healing. We say the same thing God says about our sickness -- eg By His stripes we are healed.

When we are in lack, we dont confess our lack but our prosperity -- The Lord is my Sheperd, I shall not be in want. And my God shall supply all my needs according to his riches in glory.

So, when we sin, why confess our sins the traditional way? That's not the antidote to sin. that's a negative confession. No, say the SAME THING GOD SAYS ABT YOUR SINS -- forgiven, forgotten, not imputed!!!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

dignitized

Aug 5, 2005
✟29,618.00
Yesterday at 12:52 AM SnuP said this in Post #210

All are covered by the blood

YES all are covered when and once we REPENT of them.  :) If I do not repent of a sin, I have KEPT that sin from Christ and thus from forgivness.

and andrew: since I am saved in the END as Christ said - I am saved of my PAST sins since when the end comes - all my sisn will be BEHIND me :)

Upvote 0

Andrew

Feb 25, 2002
✟13,840.00
Faith
Non-Denom
YES all are covered when and once we REPENT of them.Ê If I do not repent of a sin, I have KEPT that sin from Christ and thus from forgivness.

and andrew: since I am saved in the END as Christ said - I am saved of my PAST sins since when the end comes - all my sisn will be BEHIND me

your second statement contradicts your first. Yes when you die all your sins will of cse be past/behind you but not every one wld have been confessed and forgiven according to the first statement. IOW dont kid yourself into thinking that you'll be able to remember and confess ALL your sins and hence receive forgiveness for every one of them. Its just not humanly possible.

I don't wanna be there when a WOFer is laying on their bed of affliction and they curse God for not healing them. You cannot speak a healing into existance. God will not be intimidated by any of us.

I dun think he wants doubt around either. And whether you are a WOFer or not, you might still curse God at your death bed for not being healed. But i'm glad to say we WOFers wld rather confess healing till we die -- ie die believing -- then die a doubter and an unbeliever in God's goodness.

Upvote 0

SpiritPsalmist

Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2002
Southeast Kansas
✟393,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Today at 12:42 AM Br. Max said this in Post #217

I don't wanna be there when a WOFer is laying on their bed of affliction and they curse God for not healing them. You cannot speak a healing into existance. God will not be intimidated by any of us.

WOF people believe they are healed whether their body manifests it or not . . .Since Jesus paid for my healing on the cross, it already exists.  I only have to acknowledge it's existance.  

God is not intimidated by anything, however the devil is quite intimidated by a believer who knows what the Word says, and put's it into practice via their words and their actions.  The devils will try anything in their power, which is'nt much, to get a believer to not believe what God says about their authority over them (the devils).  They become the intimidator instead of the intimidated. :(

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.