• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Are you still a sinner?

Discussion in 'Non-denominational' started by Anthony, Nov 16, 2002.

Are you still a sinner?

1. I am saved, but still am a sinner

2. I am saved, and no longer a sinner

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sklippstein

sklippstein Well-Known Member

+1
    Catholic
    i think the majority vote is in agreement that even though we are saved...yes we are sinners. I do not believe we are sin free here on earth, that would be perfection. I do not think i can attain perfection here....only in glory, but this doesn't mean that i shouldn't strive to be perfect as Christ was.

2. SnuP

SnuP A son of the Most High

+9
    Non-Denom
    prove that by scripture

3. sklippstein

+1
    Catholic
    Snup:

Romans 3:23
    for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,

4. SnuP

+9
    Non-Denom
    Obviously, but that refers to the state of fallen man not the state of redemed man.

You made this statement:
    I do not believe we are sin free here on earth, that would be perfection.

That is what I want you to prove with scripture. Not weather or not every man has commited sin, that thas noting to do with the state of man after salvation which is what we are discussing.

5. sklippstein

+1
    Catholic
    Snup.....by stating u are sin free is putting urself on the same level as Christ.........is that what u are implying?

6. SnuP

+9
    Non-Denom
    Christ put me on the same level, humanly speaking, not devinely speaking.

6Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did.

What do you think that it means to walk as Jesus walked, doesn't that atleast mean not subject to the darkness that controls the lives of the unsaved. Why do you believe that if Jesus "saved you from your sins" that your are still in bondage to sin. Isn't that an oximorone that limits the power of Christ to deliver.

I don't claim to be equal to Christ. But I believe that Christ has impowered me not to be a servant to sin. Rather a servant to Christ.

7. Andrew

Andrew Well-Known Member

+21
    Non-Denom
    1Jo 4:17 ... as he is, so are we in this world.

8. Andrew

Andrew Well-Known Member

+21
    Non-Denom
    irrelevant. you need to be baptised with the Holy Spirit, then he will guide you into all truth.

9. dignitized

dignitized Well-Known Member

+724
    OY VEY!! you can lead the blind to the healer but you can make them ask Him for sight!

10. SnuP

+9
    Non-Denom
    Br. Max, a lot of what you said has more to do with what you believe interms of how God moves through time, then what the scripture says about the Spirit.

11. dignitized

+724
    rotfl. What I believe and scripture teachs is that GOD created time and is NEVER bound by his own creation.

12. SnuP

+9
    Non-Denom
    Where in scripture do you find God creating time? I would like to see that.

13. Andrew

Andrew Well-Known Member

+21
    Non-Denom
    you seem to be getting incoherent in your posts. Perhaps more scripture proof rather than personal opinions will make your arguments more convincing.

14. dignitized

+724
    Snup: welp first of all there is the fact that GOD created ALL espoused by the whole of Scripture and then there is GEn chapter 1 where it states that on the 4th day God created the SUN and the MOON and the stars - WHY? for SEASONS and for portents. WHat is time? Time is a measure. What does it Measure? Look at the measures of time - what is a second? a division of a minute. what is a minute? a division of an Hour? what is an Hour? a division of a DAY? what is a day? the expanse of existance between the setting of the sun until its next setting. What is a day? a division of a week - what is a week? a dision of a month? what is a Month? a LUNAR CYCLE. what is a month? a division of a season. What is a season? a division of a year. what is a Year - the completing of an orbital cycles during which the earth experiences seasons. what are the measures of time dependant upon? the sun and the moon and the stars :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.