May 18, 2004
Atlantic Coast
✟8,725.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
Saint_George said:
Why does it matter to you? No-one is trying to make you worship any kind of statue. I don't even worship statues. I also don't see how you can tell us what Peter would have said... unless your speaking in 3rd person... lol

Peter says... Don't worship statues
Peter, "YOU'RE OUT!!! I saw it!! You worshiped one"
(A Buhdist has left the building)

lol

Saint_George

It matters to me because you fellers keep claiming to be the True Church that Jesus started and then ya do things that Peter would have thought of as sinful.

Upvote 0

Iollain

Jer 18:2-6
May 18, 2004
Atlantic Coast
✟8,725.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
Saint_George said:
You don't understand what the invisible church is.... but that is ok. The invisble church, is, invisible. It's members however are not. The invisble church is composed of all believers in christ (christians). However the members are visible and should preach his word. The visible churches, are those of different denominations.

Your assumption on the corrupted part is wrong. God called for unity and for the people to think alike. However there have been so many reforms through churches that on the scale of christians, 0 is a Jewish christian (not quite that extreme) and 10 is Presboluthicalvanariast. So in this Invisible church (all denominations that are christian) there is no unity. Leaving the invisible church corrupt.

We do have rules, they are not that complicated, unless your used to having only one, "Believe and be saved". And I'll tell you that Jesus did not start Protestant churches. Although he is the leader of the Protestant church he did not "start it" for say. Unless the reformation happened before 100 A.D. and the government is hiding stuff from us. The Catholic and EO are the churches founded by Jesus. Founded and Grounded. And about Peter... why not? Although Mary is an extremely important person in the eyes of Catholics, she is not as played up as people make it. I think that modern society changes our outlook on the way things are done. Bowing is showing a sign of respect. Watch the old movies. That is why we kneel before the altar, because we are respective of Jesus Christ our Lord.

And also... I still haven't had anybody answer my questions:cry:

Saint_George

George, if you want to bow before Jesus, just drop right where ya are, He is there. I could find some RCC web sites right now that will prove that Mary IS played up as people make it and worse.

Upvote 0

Saint_George

May 3, 2005
✟563.00
Faith
Catholic
Kepha said:
You see. Even if we proved from the Bible that bowing down doesn't always imply worship, and that making statues or graven images can be done properly without also implying worship, Iollain still insists we are wrong while simutaneously speaking for St. Peter. ;)

Broadway Actors are screwed:p

Upvote 0

Kepha

Veteran
Feb 3, 2005
Canada
✟17,719.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Iollain said:
It is evil to venerate statues and icons and Peter would not have done it.
You are taking chances putting words in God's mouth like that.

They didn't need an icon for anything, however God ordered a serpent made so that when they looked at it they would be healed.
God just doesn't do things without a reason behind it. When they looked upon the icon that God demanded to be made they felt the connection to God himself.

Same goes for the Ark. That and all things within were materialistic things, yet they were treated with the highest amount of respect, not because of the molecular cell structure that makes it, but because of what they represtented. They couldn't even touch it without death. When they had the Ark in their possession, it connected them to the Word of God and God Himself. No doubt about it, it was veneration of the highest degree.

Upvote 0

Saint_George

May 3, 2005
✟563.00
Faith
Catholic
Iollain said:
George, if you want to bow before Jesus, just drop right where ya are, He is there. I could find some RCC web sites right now that will prove that Mary IS played up as people make it and worse.

And I could give you a website that tells people they can lift up their car with the power of their mind. Don't go off of websites, go off of the truth. Go talk to a priest at your local Catholic church, conveniently placed in every country around the globe;) !

Saint_George

Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,750,804.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Iollain said:
There isn't a verse that says it cause they didn't do it.
No, the early Christians did not. They were Jews, and would have considered venerating images and icons as wrong due to the Ten Commandments. While there was early art work (though I don't how exactly how early), I don't see proof that they were venerated in the first century or early second.

As I see it, this thread is unconstructive, the OP offensive (even if he didn't mean it that way), and I don't see much point in it. As for what "myths" I base my faith on:
[BIBLE]John 3:16[/BIBLE]
[BIBLE]John 14:6[/BIBLE]
[BIBLE]Ephesians 2:8[/BIBLE] [BIBLE]Ephesians 2:9[/BIBLE]

and so much more.

No, it was called looking at a serpent statue, was being obedient to what He said and He kept His word and healed when they looked at the thing.
I beleive you ae referring to the serpent on a pole thing in the wildeness? (I had quit reading this thread earlier.)
That was not worshipped. I read an article in the New England Journal of Medicine (or maybe it was a Infectious Disease journal - it was in 1984 so I can't remember) about a disease endemic to the Sinai pennisula. It is called guinea worm disease. What happens is that people drink contaminated water with the microscopic larva in it, then the larva latch to the tissues of the stomach and intestine and migrate through to the tissues below the skin. There they grow to 3 feet long. When it is time to leave, the skin forms a boil like lesian and the worm eventually comes out. If it is pulled - it will break and the toxins inside kill the host, causing a great deal of pain in the process. The only way to get them out is like Moses showed in the wilderness - put a stick by the lesion, and the worm uses the stick to wind itself around and out of the body without breaking. That is still how it was done.

Upvote 0

Dark Matter

May 31, 2004
Earth, third planet from the Sun
✟1,062.00
Faith
Christian
If you don't mind me asking, why has this thread become about the RCC? I believe Saint_George has the obligation to point to a specific instance of myth in a core confession of faith of Protestantism.

George, are you going to follow up your post with any specifics?

DM

Upvote 0

Iollain

May 18, 2004
Atlantic Coast
✟8,725.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
Saint_George said:
And I could give you a website that tells people they can lift up their car with the power of their mind. Don't go off of websites, go off of the truth. Go talk to a priest at your local Catholic church, conveniently placed in every country around the globe;) !

Saint_George

I would talk to a priest of the RCC i love to meet my brothers and sisters in Christ, we would just have to stay clear of certain subject is all ;)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Iollain

May 18, 2004
Atlantic Coast
✟8,725.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
Saint_George said:

Saint_George

lol, but with all joking aside, there are real stuff on those real RCC websites that i could show you.

Upvote 0

Kepha

Veteran
Feb 3, 2005
Canada
✟17,719.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
FreeinChrist said:
No, the early Christians did not. They were Jews, and would have considered venerating images and icons as wrong due to the Ten Commandments.
That wasn't the reason at all since it was done immediately after the Commandments were givin. The reason why making icons and statues were not done with frequency in that time, was because of the influence they may have on the many pagan converts.

Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,750,804.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Kepha said:
That wasn't the reason at all since it was done immediately after the Commandments were givin. The reason why making icons and statues were not done with frequency in that time, was because of the influence they may have on the many pagan converts.
uh-huh.
As I wrote, this thread is unconstructive.

Upvote 0

cristoiglesia

Veteran
Jul 20, 2005
Alapan, Imus, Cavite, Philippines
✟16,550.00
Faith
Utrecht
Marital Status
Married
Dark Matter said:
If you don't mind me asking, why has this thread become about the RCC? I believe Saint_George has the obligation to point to a specific instance of myth in a core confession of faith of Protestantism.

DM

Blessings to you,

Saint George continues to ask a series of questions to the Protestants but they dare not answer them. Not one of the questions has been answered. I believe it is because they know that his premise is correct. They do not want to show themselves following the teachings of man made churches. They want to continue to deny the obvious. The longer this discussion goes on the more obvious it becomes that the Protestants are exemplified in the original verses that St. George gave. they want to attack what they see as a speck in their brothers eye and can not see the log in theirs. Not only that, they are impotent to defend themselves against the cogent questions that St. George presented.

In Christ

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

MikeMcK

Apr 10, 2002
✟13,732.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
cristoiglesia said:
Blessings to you,

Saint George continues to ask a series of questions to the Protestants but they dare not answer them.

Having dealt with him and seen the lengths he'll go to, even using outright deception, I don't blame them.

Besides, the Bible says not to answer a fool according to his folly, so they're doing the right thing.

Upvote 0

Iollain

May 18, 2004
Atlantic Coast
✟8,725.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
cristoiglesia said:
Blessings to you,

Saint George continues to ask a series of questions to the Protestants but they dare not answer them. Not one of the questions has been answered. I believe it is because they know that his premise is correct. They do not want to show themselves following the teachings of man made churches. They want to continue to deny the obvious. The longer this discussion goes on the more obvious it becomes that the Protestants are exemplified in the original verses that St. George gave. they want to attack what they see as a speck in their brothers eye and can not see the log in theirs. Not only that, they are impotent to defend themselves against the cogent questions that St. George presented.

In Christ

I probably have more than a couple logs in my eyes but i'm not the one saying i go to 'the True Church' when i get up on Sundays, we are just a bunch of Believers who will share Jesus with you, nothing more. I didn't know repent and believe was so very complicated.

Upvote 0

Saint_George

May 3, 2005
✟563.00
Faith
Catholic
Dark Matter said:

DM

I got distracted but then I put something up a couple posts back. It was something about what made Luther break away in the first place. He didn't like Inulgences so he formed a whole new denomination that was not comparibly close to the Catholic faith. So there had to be something else whether it was lies or myths flying around at the time about different interpretations of holy scriptures. And I also just thought that the verse fit the reformation really well.

Saint_George

Upvote 0

cristoiglesia

Veteran
Jul 20, 2005
Alapan, Imus, Cavite, Philippines
✟16,550.00
Faith
Utrecht
Marital Status
Married
MikeMcK said:
Having dealt with him and seen the lengths he'll go to, even using outright deception, I don't blame them.

Besides, the Bible says not to answer a fool according to his folly, so they're doing the right thing.

Blessings to you,

This thread is certainly not an example of your accusations. He has been very patient with the Protestants who refuse to discuss the issue or even address his questions. If Protestants , in truth, are correct there should be no fear of answering a few questions that seem more than reasonable. The Catholics on here have certainly been forthright in answering the charges by the Protestants. Could the difference in response be that the Catholics have sound teaching on their side and the Protestants do not. Sure looks that way from this thread. The shallowness from the Protestant responses is woefully apparent and not responding in kind to the questions of Saint George shows an inability to defend with Scripture or reason what they believe.

You calll him a fool in blatent disregard for the rules of this forum, yet the responses from the Protestants make the Protestants appear as.........

In Christ

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.