Status
Not open for further replies.

Saint_George

May 3, 2005
✟563.00
Faith
Catholic
MikeMcK said:
So, what part of "I believe in one God revealed in three distinct co-equal, co-eternal persons" do you feel that was unclear?

I'm sorry you feel that way. The verse I quoted was appropriate and the statement I made is true.

I have no desire to be friends with someone who behaves this way and I'm not so stupid as to consider someone my friend, who behaves this way.

Say what you will about my friends, but they are honest and they are good people.

George is neither.

I will pray for you. I hope that you find inner peace. If you are full of that much hatred then I don't know how you call yourself a christian. I also find it amazing, that even if you don't like the way I did it, I answered all your questions. Yet you have yet to answer any of mine without making some kind of bogus excuse and playing word games. If you answer any of those questions and your explanation is half way reasonable, I will not have to push this any farther. Until then, Peace.

Forgive me,
Saint_George

Upvote 0

Iollain

Jer 18:2-6
May 18, 2004
Atlantic Coast
✟8,725.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
cristoiglesia said:
YOU ARE NOT BEING VERY HONEST HERE ARE YOU? You were really saying that the Church teaches to worship statues, were you not? I am sure that you can show some errors of Marian cultists but that is not the teaching of the Church.

If you think that is bad? Why is it that most Protestant Churches forbid the corporeal Christ in their worship? That seems to be about as great an error as any church could have that call themselves Christian. Of course, I do not expect that you can defend that tradition of men that Protestants follow either.

In Christ

Yes i saw in the council of something or other that they say that anyone that says that you should not ''''venerate'''' statues is anathema. This is not Marian cultists, they are real RCC teachings that usually come from apparations of Mary, and i notice that usually the one in contact with the spirit of whatever it is is from France. :scratch:

Upvote 0

cristoiglesia

Veteran
Jul 20, 2005
Alapan, Imus, Cavite, Philippines
✟16,550.00
Faith
Utrecht
Marital Status
Married
Iollain said:
Here is one i find to be scary stuff:

Leader: Virgin most holy, accept our praise

All: Give us strength to serve your son.

[I. Crown of Excellence]

Our Father Hail Mary

L: You are indeed blessed, Virgin Mary, for you carried in your womb the creator of the universe. A. You gave birth to the one who made you, while ever remaining a virgin.

L: Rejoice, O Virgin Mary! A: Rejoice a thousand times!

Hail Mary

L: Virgin holy and immaculate, no tongue can praise you worthily, A: For you bore within you the God whom the very heavens cannot enclose.

Hail Mary

L: You are all beautiful, O Mary, A: And free from every stain of sin.

Hail Mary

L: The gifts bestowed on you, Virgin Mary, A: Outnumber the stars of heaven.

Glory to the Father

[II: Crown of Power]

Our Father Hail Mary

L: Queen of the whole world, we praise you. A: Lead us to the joys of heaven.

Hail Mary

L: Treasury of all God's graces, we praise you. A: Grant us a share in your heavenly gifts.

Hail Mary

L: Intercessor between God and humankind, we praise you. A: Through your prayer may the Almighty be favorable to us.

Hail Mary

L: Victor over heresies and all that is evil, we praise you. A: Guide us lovingly in the ways of truth.

Glory to the Father

[III. Crown of Goodness]

Our Father Hail Mary

L: Refuge of sinners, we praise you. A: Reconcile us with Almighty God.

Hail Mary

L: Mother of orphans, we praise you. A: Make us beloved children of our Father.

Hail Mary

L: Joy of those who serve the Lord, we praise you. A: Lead us with you to the happiness of heaven.

Hail Mary

L: Advocate ever near us in life and in death, we praise you. A: Lead us with you to the kingdom of God.

Glory to the Father

CONCLUDING PRAYER

ALL: Hail Mary, Daughter of God the Father, Mother of God the Son, Spouse of the Holy Spirit, Temple of the Blessed Trinity.

Hail Mary, our wealth, our joy, Queen of our hearts, our Mother and our life, our consolation, our dearest hope, our very heart and soul.

We entrust ourselves entirely to you, all that we possess is yours, Virgin blessed above all.

May your soul be in us to glorify God; may your spirit be in us to rejoice in God.

Virgin most faithful, set your seal upon our hearts, so that in you and through you we may be found faithful to God.

Grant, gracious Mother, that we may be numbered among those whom you love and instruct, whom you guide, cherish and protect as your children.

O Queen of heaven, we renounce from this moment anything in us that does not belong to you.

O daughter of the King of kings, whose principal glory is within, do not allow us to be distracted by things that are visible and transitory; grant rather that through God's abundant grace, we may always be intent on the Life within us, where we may find in GOD ALONE our delight, our wealth, our honor, our glory, our rest.

Thus, through your loving care, the Holy Spirit, your faithful Spouse, will perfectly form in our hearts your beloved Son, Jesus the Christ, for the greater glory of God our Father, forever and ever! Amen.

Thank you.
May you be blessed for sharing that with us. May the Lord be with you.

In Christ

Upvote 0

Saint_George

May 3, 2005
✟563.00
Faith
Catholic
I have yet to have a single answer.

Where in scripture is the Bible alone theory? Is the basis of the leadership of the church once again based on something non-scriptual?

How do Protestants determine which books of the Bible are the Bible?

After reading Luke 1:48, why do you not call the Mother of GOD, Blessed?

Which Church did Jesus Christ found in Matt 16:18? Remember, He said Church, not Churches in that verse.

Why isn't the Gospel of Peter, or the Gospel of Thomas in your Bible? Who had the authority for exclusion of these and other books from Holy Scripture?

Which verse tells you that the revelation of Jesus Christ ended with the death of the last Apostle?

Why do you believe the Catholic Church apostatized in the past when Jesus Christ Himself said in Matt 28:20, "I will be with you ALL DAYS until the end of time." Please explain your response to this question.

Why are you in a Church which cannot show that it is the Church which Jesus Christ founded?

Why do you not honor the Mother of GOD when Luther himself said, "When you have said She is the Mother of GOD, you have said it all?"

Why do you believe in individual interpretation of the Bible when the Bible clearly states that this must NOT be done?
Acts 8:27-39, 2Pet 1:20, 2Pet 3:16-18.

Why do you follow in the footsteps of Saul and persecute the Church which Jesus Christ founded? 1Cor 15:9.

Why do you take almost the entire Bible literally and then say that John chapter 6 is figurative, when it clearly does not say that it is?

Why do you not have the Deuterocanonical books which you call 'apochrypha' in your Bible, when they are clearly referenced in the New Testament? This is taking away from the Word of GOD, which the Bible clearly prohibits in many verses.

Saint_George

Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,750,981.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
MikeMcK said:
So, what part of "I believe in one God revealed in three distinct co-equal, co-eternal persons" do you feel that was unclear?

I understood where you were coming from. I am just saying that some of the things you wrote were alittle confusing, and as semantics is so important in this type of forum, I am suggesting that some folks may have misunderstood.
And yes, there were folks who were being defensive and not taking you for what you said. That happens alot here.

Upvote 0

MikeMcK

Apr 10, 2002
✟13,732.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Saint_George said:
I will pray for you. I hope that you find inner peace.

And I will pray that you get right with God.

If you are full of that much hatred then I don't know how you call yourself a christian.

I have no hatred toward you or anybody else and you know this. Clearly, this is yet another dishonest attempt on your part to demonize someone who's argument you can't refute.

What I do have is confusion at the fact that someone who behaves the way you do would call himself a Christian and not see how his behavior flies in the face of Christ's teachings.

I'm also a little confused as to why you end your posts with "forgive me", when, clearly you will not repent of those things you're supposedly asking forgiveness of, nor will you stop doing them.

The Biblical model for forgiveness is to repent and to try to make some sort of restitution for your sins. As a Catholic, I would think that you, of all people, would understand the idea of restitution.

But then, if the Catholic church hasn't been able to convince you that bearing false witness is wrong, then I doubt they would have bothered to move on to more complex teachings by now.

I also find it amazing, that even if you don't like the way I did it, I answered all your questions.

The problem is that you didn't answer my questions, you made up bogus questions and ascribed them to me.

Forgive me,

No. I see no Biblical ground on which to forgive you.

Upvote 0

cristoiglesia

Veteran
Jul 20, 2005
✟16,550.00
Faith
Utrecht
Marital Status
Married
Iollain said:
Yes i saw in the council of something or other that they say that anyone that says that you should not ''''venerate'''' statues is anathema. This is not Marian cultists, they are real RCC teachings that usually come from apparations of Mary, and i notice that usually the one in contact with the spirit of whatever it is is from France. :scratch:

Just some friendly advice but you should stay off those websites that are promoting another Gospel than the one delivered by the apostles. Being anti Christ's Church is a very profitable venture for many and you are supporting them by going there. They thrive on half truths and outright prevarifications. If you repeat them you are as guilty as they.

In Christ

Upvote 0

MikeMcK

Apr 10, 2002
✟13,732.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
FreeinChrist said:
I am just saying that some of the things you wrote were alittle confusing...

And, again, what part of "I believe in one God revealed in three distinct co-equal, co-eternal persons" do you think is confusing?

Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,750,981.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
cristoiglesia said:
Blessings to you,

And you and any of the other Protestants need to start answering some of the questions presented on this board.

So far the Catholics have addressed all questions and charges and the Protestants have addressed NONE. Can you not support your own beliefs. It certainly appears the you can not.

In Christ

No, we don't have to start answering ANYTHING in this thread. They have been answered many, many, many, many times in many threads - and you will beleive as you believe and we will believe as we believe.
YOU are just baiting - and I see no reason to bit your bait. Fight with someone else.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

cristoiglesia

Veteran
Jul 20, 2005
✟16,550.00
Faith
Utrecht
Marital Status
Married
FreeinChrist said:
No, we don't have to start answering ANYTHING in this thread. They have been answered many, many, many, many times in many threads - and you will beleive as you believe and we will believe as we believe.
YOU are just baiting - and I see no reason to bit your bait. Fight with someone else.

May the Lord bless you abundantly,

If you are not here to defend your faith then you must be here to denigrate someone else's. It seems that it is the Protestants that are the ones that want to fight and throw personal insults. My suggestion to you is, If you do not want to discuss these issues go somewhere else. Perhaps you are being smart in not trying to defend beliefs that are undefendable.

In Christ

Upvote 0

Iollain

May 18, 2004
Atlantic Coast
✟8,725.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
cristoiglesia said:
Just some friendly advice but you should stay off those websites that are promoting another Gospel than the one delivered by the apostles. Being anti Christ's Church is a very profitable venture for many and you are supporting them by going there. They thrive on half truths and outright prevarifications. If you repeat them you are as guilty as they.

In Christ

I've got my Bible here and i'm not afraid to go into any website, i would be afraid for a lot of people but you don't have to worry about me, thanks. The website was an RCC site Chistoiglesia, the veneration of stuff is promoted by the RCC, the stuff i got those Mary prayers from is the RCC........i'm not understanding you Cristoiglesia.

Upvote 0

cristoiglesia

Veteran
Jul 20, 2005
✟16,550.00
Faith
Utrecht
Marital Status
Married
Iollain said:
I've got my Bible here and i'm not afraid to go into any website, i would be afraid for a lot of people but you don't have to worry about me, thanks. The website was an RCC site Chistoiglesia, the veneration of stuff is promoted by the RCC, the stuff i got those Mary prayers from is the RCC........i'm not understanding you Cristoiglesia.

Blessings to you,

I have no problem with the veneration of Mary. I do have a problem with you trying to twist that veneration to be worship. It is supportive to my faith when Biblical prophecy is fulfilled. I do not have a problem in asking the blessed mother, you or anyone else to pray for me and to present my prayers to God. In that I follow the example of St. Paul and others who taught this.

The reason you do not understand is that you see the Bible as a collection of proof texts to prove your presuppositions where I see the Bible as the written Tradition of the Church and a living Body of Work of God illuminated in the believer by the Holy Spirit.

In Christ

In Christ

Upvote 0
Saint_George said:

Where in scripture is the Bible alone theory? Is the basis of the leadership of the church once again based on something non-scriptual?

Which Church did Jesus Christ found in Matt 16:18? Remember, He said Church, not Churches in that verse.

Why isn't the Gospel of Peter, or the Gospel of Thomas in your Bible? Who had the authority for exclusion of these and other books from Holy Scripture?

Which verse tells you that the revelation of Jesus Christ ended with the death of the last Apostle?

Why do you believe the Catholic Church apostatized in the past when Jesus Christ Himself said in Matt 28:20, "I will be with you ALL DAYS until the end of time." Please explain your response to this question.

Why are you in a Church which cannot show that it is the Church which Jesus Christ founded?

Why do you not honor the Mother of GOD when Luther himself said, "When you have said She is the Mother of GOD, you have said it all?"

Why do you believe in individual interpretation of the Bible when the Bible clearly states that this must NOT be done?

Why do you follow in the footsteps of Saul and persecute the Church which Jesus Christ founded? 1Cor 15:9.

Why do you take almost the entire Bible literally and then say that John chapter 6 is figurative, when it clearly does not say that it is?

Why do you not have the Deuterocanonical books which you call 'apochrypha' in your Bible, when they are clearly referenced in the New Testament? This is taking away from the Word of GOD, which the Bible clearly prohibits in many verses.

Saint_George

I understand your frustrations Saint_George. There are so many holes in protestantism that it seems unbelievable that someone with a mind cannot see them.

The Bible teaches the opposite of sola scriptura but yet they hold to that belief.

The Bible in NO WAY teaches that our response to God's grace is faith, and faith alone.

Scripture is abundantly clear that Jesus gives himself, not a symbol of himself in Holy Communion.

There is verse after verse after verse in the Bible that protestants clearly ignore (ex. Luke 1:48) and when they cannot ignore them, they change the meaning of them to suit there own interpretation (ex. James 2:24)

I mean, come on! No one ever believed in the ridiculous unbiblical concept of "Once Saved Always Saved" until the past couple hundred years! This has been totally made up!

You know, I would love to see protestants respond to all your questions. But they cannot with legitimate answers. They will circle around the questions.

Keep up the good work Saint_George, No matter how much logic you use, sometimes it just won't sink in.

Upvote 0

Saint_George

May 3, 2005
✟563.00
Faith
Catholic
MikeMcK said:
And I will pray that you get right with God.

Are you calling me a Jew?

I have no hatred toward you or anybody else and you know this. Clearly, this is yet another dishonest attempt on your part to demonize someone who's argument you can't refute.

Or someones arguement which is inrefutable, seeing that it is complete bogus. I made a sincere apology.

What I do have is confusion at the fact that someone who behaves the way you do would call himself a Christian and not see how his behavior flies in the face of Christ's teachings.

And I suppose someone like you is more of a christian then me? I better adjust *packs bag with deadly weapons*

I'm also a little confused as to why you end your posts with "forgive me", when, clearly you will not repent of those things you're supposedly asking forgiveness of, nor will you stop doing them.

Once again you had to skip part of my post to make yourself look like you said something right. I said that I apologized for my actions and then I said Forgive me.

The Biblical model for forgiveness is to repent and to try to make some sort of restitution for your sins. As a Catholic, I would think that you, of all people, would understand the idea of restitution.

Spreading the Truth is not a sin. Contemplating ignorance is stupidity.

But then, if the Catholic church hasn't been able to convince you that bearing false witness is wrong, then I doubt they would have bothered to move on to more complex teachings by now.

You assume to much. Every one of your comments is quite a stretch. And I have not beared false witness so I'm not the one lying.

The problem is that you didn't answer my questions, you made up bogus questions and ascribed them to me.

Did I not give you scripture? Did I not try to explain? You just didn't even give me a chance.

No. I see no Biblical ground on which to forgive you.

Everything is so biblical for you. I don't see any biblical ground on which you are a christian.

Once again, I apologize for everything I have said in this thread. Whether it has offended you, or any of my other brothers in the invisible church. I am by no long shot agreeing with anything you have said. Rather I'm enforcing what I have said. Once again I apologize.

Forgive me,
Saint_George

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Iollain

May 18, 2004
Atlantic Coast
✟8,725.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
Saint_George said:

Saint_George

You should start separate threads. If you don't want to i can do it for ya.

Upvote 0

Saint_George

May 3, 2005
✟563.00
Faith
Catholic
MikeMcK said:
And, again, what part of "I believe in one God revealed in three distinct co-equal, co-eternal persons" do you think is confusing?

You might think you are getting your point across but It is hard to understand. You said that Catholic doctrine is unbiblical, and after I gave you verses you interpreted them and gave me an answer. However I couldn't cross the bridge between the questions and the answers. If you could, could you please re-answer the questions explaining how you came to your answer and your interpretation of what the verse really means. Thank you,

Saint_George

Upvote 0

Iollain

May 18, 2004
Atlantic Coast
✟8,725.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
cristoiglesia said:
Blessings to you,

I have no problem with the veneration of Mary. I do have a problem with you trying to twist that veneration to be worship. It is supportive to my faith when Biblical prophecy is fulfilled. I do not have a problem in asking the blessed mother, you or anyone else to pray for me and to present my prayers to God. In that I follow the example of St. Paul and others who taught this.

The reason you do not understand is that you see the Bible as a collection of proof texts to prove your presuppositions where I see the Bible as the written Tradition of the Church and a living Body of Work of God illuminated in the believer by the Holy Spirit.

In Christ

In Christ

That web site was asking a little more than prayer. Looks like it istrying to take place of the Holy Spirit, imo

Upvote 0

theend0218

Everything is everything.
Apr 5, 2005
texas
✟1,118.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Greetings, Saint-George. You have asked some questions that cannot be answered without appealing to early tradition. But you already know that. Other questions could be answered but you would not agree since it is a matter of interpretation - both of Scripture, and of what the Reformers actually taught. And, at least one or two questions that clearly could be answered if you did not dislike the Reformers so much.

All in all, another thread that will convince everyone on both sides that sweetness and light dwell in their camp.

However, as to the OP: some things that contributed to the Protestant Reformation were RCC abuses and errors; nationalism; textual criticism and critical thinking, some of it coming from those who were RCC and remained so, but contributed to the fires of reformation even when they did not intend to do so.

I think many in the RCC tradition would agree that the RCC church in the sixteenth century needed some reforming - the argument would be over the extent and means of reformation. As to the second, many national leaders had much to gain by breaking away from the Pope and the RCC. They undoubtedly used the Protestants when and where they could. To be fair, each used the other when they could. The air of intellectual freedom and curiosity had long been blowing. Erasmus is a wonderful example, but there were others before and after him who enabled the Reformation to make its way without the authority of the RCC.

Now as to your questions:

"Could someone answer my questions?

[It is not there, of course, unless you accept that we are to follow the Word of God, the Scriptures alone contain the Word of God, and the Scriptures were known and accepted immediately by the early Church. This, of course, is not the case. However, the 'Bible alone" is not a doctrine Luther, Calvin or other mainline reformers taught. The leaders of the Reformation from the beginning quoted accepted Church fathers and councils in their defense. Their point was that when the contemporary Church teaches what clearly contradicts Scripture or earlier interpretations of Scripture, Scripture must lead, or certain interpretations of Scripture by early Church fathers should be accepted vs. others. If you read Calvin, as one example, you will see him do this again and again. Now, you would disagree with this assumption and the solution it led the Reformers to accept. That is why you are not a Protestant. But, you do know, I think, that as early as the second century some church leaders laid down a doctrine of Scriptural authority and included in that definition known apostolic writings that were later canonized. While it makes for a nice argument, there is a difference between the belief in Scriptural authority and canonicity. If you do not, you need to do some research. The Reformers that I have read do accept apostolic and early church tradition. They simply disagreed that everything the Church decreed had to be believed. It is a matter of knowing where or deciding where to draw the line on Church tradition. This is an agrument that will never be settled, and never was completely settled - that is why there are RCC and Orthodox tradtions. The council of Trent, in reaction to the Reformation, made some decrees that are highly suspect in light of earlier Church tradition and teaching. This is but one example]

How do Protestants determine which books of the Bible are the Bible? [see above - the Reformers did not reject all early tradition]

After reading Luke 1:48, why do you not call the Mother of GOD, Blessed? [i have no problem calling her blessed; does anyone? I cannot imagine why. Perhaps it is a matter of interpretation as to what blessed means in your context? I ask because I do not know.]

Which Church did Jesus Christ found in Matt 16:18? Remember, He said Church, not Churches in that verse. [the Church Paul calls the body of Christ, and all united to Christ belong to it. You cannot accept this, of course. But, you must admit it is a matter of interpretation or which authority you accept as to what interpretation is correct. This is not a question a nonRCC person could asnwer for you since your very definition of Church in the verse quoted rules all other answers out. Not a fair way to argue if you really want a conversation. By the way, how would you apply this verse now as to RCC or Orthodox? Since these two traditions cannot agree, you can hardly throw rocks at Protestants on this one.]

Why isn't the Gospel of Peter, or the Gospel of Thomas in your Bible? Who had the authority for exclusion of these and other books from Holy Scripture? [You know the answer to this one.]

Which verse tells you that the revelation of Jesus Christ ended with the death of the last Apostle? [The understanding that revelation had ceased with the death of the Apostles goes back to the second century. Again, the Reformers did not make this one up. They did accept early tradition, blah, blah, and blah.]

Why do you believe the Catholic Church apostatized in the past when Jesus Christ Himself said in Matt 28:20, "I will be with you ALL DAYS until the end of time." Please explain your response to this question. [Again, your assumptions as to the meaning of "you" and "with you all days" dictate the outcome for you and no one could refute you to your satisfaction. However, even Paul warns of a coming apostacy. All major NT letters warn of falling away or something like it. No one in their right mind believes the entire RCC fell from grace or that every single RCC was completely wrong about everything in the sixteenth century. Luther and others made some harsh statements about the RCC church. But, he drank a lot of beer. I forgive him. I hope you can some day. I know that many Protestants like to beat up on the RCC - that crazy stuff about the Pope being the anti-Christ, etc. If all who belong to Christ by being united to Him are in His body, and by definition in His Church, then Jesus' statement needs no explanation. I just do not think it applies to the RCC and only to RCC. Do you?]

Why are you in a Church which cannot show that it is the Church which Jesus Christ founded? [again, we could not agree on definitions so my answer would be unacceptable to you. i would challenge you to verify historically that the RCC as it existed in the sixteenth century was "the Church of the first century." but, you know I would not agree with you for we do not understand "Church" in the same way. I believe all true Christians can lay claim to being in the true church - this is not intended to be an ontological description of the RCC or Baptist congregation down the street.]

Why do you not honor the Mother of GOD when Luther himself said, "When you have said She is the Mother of GOD, you have said it all?" [if you are interested, you can see my posts on another site about this issue. I can call her blessed. I do not know that it is a command to call her the mother of God. we will never agree on this one. This has nothing to do with my understanding of the deity and humanity of Christ. I know that there is a theology behind your statement - I might even agree with it. I just do not see it as necesary. I will assert that it is a complicated theology, and one that no one here understands completely - if you disagree feel free to respond.]

Acts 8:27-39, 2Pet 1:20, 2Pet 3:16-18. [you misunderstand, i think, what the Reformers believed and taught on this. Perhaps a Reformed response might include verses about "studying to see if these things were so" and things like that. I do not care to debate verses and interpretations with you on this one. We will never agree. But, you do not state what the Reformers taught correctly. I do not know what an individual RCC might say nor what an individual Protestant might say on this subject. There are strange statements at times by all individual members of the various traditions. I will not hold you accountable for all RCC people. That is fair, don't you think?]

Why do you follow in the footsteps of Saul and persecute the Church which Jesus Christ founded? 1Cor 15:9. [many of your questions are the same question in that you assume a particular definition of Church is the correct one and that no other understanding of the Church can be correct. This is not fair, but what does fairness have to do with anything, right?]

Why do you take almost the entire Bible literally and then say that John chapter 6 is figurative, when it clearly does not say that it is? [I don't know where this comes from. You must talk to many people who do not know what the Reformers taught on literalism, etc. you need to broaden your understanding of Protestantism unless you enjoy slamming your version of it.]

Why do you not have the Deuterocanonical books which you call 'apochrypha' in your Bible, when they are clearly referenced in the New Testament? This is taking away from the Word of GOD, which the Bible clearly prohibits in many verses. [simply a matter of accepting different traditions.]

Saint_George"

As you can see, I think, I acknowledge that we will disagree because you are not a Protestant and I am not a RCC. I could make a list of questions you would not care to answer because we would not accept the same presuppositions. This would not make me right and you wrong. We could agree to disagree. I like living in the modern age.

Upvote 0

kimber1

mean people suck
Feb 25, 2003
Va.
Visit site
✟38,363.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
*ADMIN HAT ON

okay folks, everyone needs to take a deep breathe, push away from the computer for a minute and calm down.
i do not want to see ANYMORE personal slams at one another, understand? we are all supposed to be Christians here, can we please act like it?

*ADMIN HAT OFF

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.