Status
Not open for further replies.

Saint_George

May 3, 2005
✟563.00
Faith
Catholic
MikeMcK said:
Having dealt with him and seen the lengths he'll go to, even using outright deception, I don't blame them.

Besides, the Bible says not to answer a fool according to his folly, so they're doing the right thing.

And who are you to call me a fool? The bible says if you judge another unaccordingly you are to drink judgement unto yourself. I was not the one using deception, you were. You had to go to every length to protect your false doctrine. And now, that I give you questions you have no anwers to, you make up an excuse. If you are to answer those questions supported with verses and explanations that actually make sense (key part), then I will not have anything to say to you. Just remember to talk like me like you would to a friend, not a foe. But until then I am going to take is you can't defend your own doctrine because it is unbiblical.

Saint_George

Upvote 0

MikeMcK

Apr 10, 2002
✟13,732.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
cristoiglesia said:
You calll him a fool in blatent disregard for the rules of this forum, yet the responses from the Protestants make the Protestants appear as a bunch of empty suits with amoeba intellects.

If you believe that it's against the rules to quote scripture, then you should report it.

Upvote 0

Saint_George

May 3, 2005
✟563.00
Faith
Catholic
Iollain said:
Ok, i can give ya that maybe, but your church teaches it, is the point.

The church will teach us how to bake a Chocolate cake, but some might like chocolate more then others. And for that I can not do anything. Thank you though for talking with me nicely. I am glad to see someone has some manners.

Saint_George

Upvote 0

MikeMcK

Apr 10, 2002
✟13,732.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Saint_George said:
And who are you to call me a fool?

Actually, I didn't call you a fool. I quoted a verse of scripture that uses the word "fool".

If you see yourself in that verse, then there is no need for me to call you a fool.

The bible says if you judge another unaccordingly you are to drink judgement unto yourself. I was not the one using deception, you were.

And that was refuted in the thread that you're referring to, which was shut down because you continually violated rule 1.3 and 1.4.

And, by the way, I should apologize to the mods for my closing comments in that thread. They did do the right thing for shutting it down.

You had to go to every length to protect your false doctrine.

I'm sorry that you feel that the Trinity is false doctrine.

And now, that I give you questions you have no anwers to, you make up an excuse.

I don't have an excuse, I have a reason.

My reason is simply that there is no point in arguing with someone who is only going to lie about what you say, anyway.

Just remember to talk like me like you would to a friend, not a foe.

You're not my friend. The Bible tells us that bad company corrupts good morals.

Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,750,489.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Saint_George said:
I got distracted but then I put something up a couple posts back. It was something about what made Luther break away in the first place. He didn't like Inulgences so he formed a whole new denomination that was not comparibly close to the Catholic faith. So there had to be something else whether it was lies or myths flying around at the time about different interpretations of holy scriptures. And I also just thought that the verse fit the reformation really well.

Saint_George

:sigh: Is that all you know of the Reformation? Maybe instead of assuming Protestantism is based on myths, you should learn more history.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

cristoiglesia

Veteran
Jul 20, 2005
Alapan, Imus, Cavite, Philippines
✟16,550.00
Faith
Utrecht
Marital Status
Married
Iollain said:
Yes they do teach veneration of statues and prayers to saints. And i can find some Mary stuff right now that would make the preacher faint.

YOU ARE NOT BEING VERY HONEST HERE ARE YOU? You were really saying that the Church teaches to worship statues, were you not? I am sure that you can show some errors of Marian cultists but that is not the teaching of the Church.

If you think that is bad? Why is it that most Protestant Churches forbid the corporeal Christ in their worship? That seems to be about as great an error as any church could have that call themselves Christian. Of course, I do not expect that you can defend that tradition of men that Protestants follow either.

In Christ

Upvote 0

Saint_George

May 3, 2005
✟563.00
Faith
Catholic
Iollain said:
Yes they do teach veneration of statues and prayers to saints. And i can find some Mary stuff right now that would make the preacher faint.

We do ask Saints for their prayers... I guess "Praying" to them is like establishing a phone connection in order to ask.

Wikipedia: veneration, or veneration of saints, is a special act of honoring a dead person who has been identified as singular in the traditions of the religion, and through them honoring God who made them and in whose image they are made. Veneration is often shown outwardly by respectfully bowing or making the sign of the cross before a saint's icon, relics, or statue.

The Catholic Church does not necessarily teach veneration of statues, but it rather adopted. You can kneel before the Crucifix and say a prayer or you can bow towards the altar since it is gods table. However we do not worship the physical "things" themselves. We don't worship anyone but Jesus. Don't get me wrong though, we do hold Mary in high regards. But we do not worship her. :bow: << :scratch:

Saint_George

Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,750,489.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
MikeMcK said:
Actually, I didn't call you a fool. I quoted a verse of scripture that uses the word "fool".

If you see yourself in that verse, then there is no need for me to call you a fool.

And that was refuted in the thread that you're referring to, which was shut down because you continually violated rule 1.3 and 1.4.

And, by the way, I should apologize to the mods for my closing comments in that thread. They did do the right thing for shutting it down.

I'm sorry that you feel that the Trinity is false doctrine.

I don't have an excuse, I have a reason.

My reason is simply that there is no point in arguing with someone who is only going to lie about what you say, anyway.

You're not my friend. The Bible tells us that bad company corrupts good morals.

hmmm...
There comes a time when it is wise not to repond to that which is aggravating or offensive to you. Yes, I read the other thread and felt that your beliefs were falsely presented and labeled, but I also think that until you quoted Carm, your posts weren't entirely clear in some ways. Rather than ask for clarification, labeling occurred - and many are guilty of this from all churchs/denoms. It does get old when one is trying to debate theology.

However, regarding this thread....I don't think it is constructive to refer to the Proverb you did or make that last statement in the post I quoted. Nor was the comment by cristoiglesia constructive - it was bait. Some bait is best not taken. :)

Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,750,489.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
cristoiglesia said:
YOU ARE NOT BEING VERY HONEST HERE ARE YOU? You were really saying that the Church teaches to worship statues, were you not? I am sure that you can show some errors of Marian cultists but that is not the teaching of the Church.

If you think that is bad? Why is it that most Protestant Churches forbid the corporeal Christ in their worship? That seems to be about as great an error as any church could have that call themselves Christian. Of course, I do not expect that you can defend that tradition of men that Protestants follow either.

In Christ

You need to chill.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Saint_George

May 3, 2005
✟563.00
Faith
Catholic
FreeinChrist said:
hmmm, I like chocolate cake! :)

So how many layers of cake and frosting? :p

We were up to about 6,327,212,753,980 layers but then the Vatican decided that Jesus might think we were trying to steal his throne. So we gave the cake to the Jews.

Saint_George

P.s. It didn't work

Upvote 0

MikeMcK

Apr 10, 2002
✟13,732.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
FreeinChrist said:
I also think that until you quoted Carm, your posts weren't entirely clear in some ways.

So, what part of "I believe in one God revealed in three distinct co-equal, co-eternal persons" do you feel that was unclear?

However, regarding this thread....I don't think it is constructive to refer to the Proverb you did or make that last statement in the post I quoted. Nor was the comment by cristoiglesia constructive - it was bait. Some bait is best not taken. :)

I'm sorry you feel that way. The verse I quoted was appropriate and the statement I made is true.

I have no desire to be friends with someone who behaves this way and I'm not so stupid as to consider someone my friend, who behaves this way.

Say what you will about my friends, but they are honest and they are good people.

George is neither.

Upvote 0

cristoiglesia

Veteran
Jul 20, 2005
Alapan, Imus, Cavite, Philippines
✟16,550.00
Faith
Utrecht
Marital Status
Married
FreeinChrist said:
You need to chill.

Blessings to you,

And you and any of the other Protestants need to start answering some of the questions presented on this board.

So far the Catholics have addressed all questions and charges and the Protestants have addressed NONE. Can you not support your own beliefs. It certainly appears the you can not.

In Christ

Upvote 0

Iollain

Jer 18:2-6
May 18, 2004
Atlantic Coast
✟8,725.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
Here is one i find to be scary stuff:

Leader: Virgin most holy, accept our praise

All: Give us strength to serve your son.

[I. Crown of Excellence]

Our Father Hail Mary

L: You are indeed blessed, Virgin Mary, for you carried in your womb the creator of the universe. A. You gave birth to the one who made you, while ever remaining a virgin.

L: Rejoice, O Virgin Mary! A: Rejoice a thousand times!

Hail Mary

L: Virgin holy and immaculate, no tongue can praise you worthily, A: For you bore within you the God whom the very heavens cannot enclose.

Hail Mary

L: You are all beautiful, O Mary, A: And free from every stain of sin.

Hail Mary

L: The gifts bestowed on you, Virgin Mary, A: Outnumber the stars of heaven.

Glory to the Father

[II: Crown of Power]

Our Father Hail Mary

L: Queen of the whole world, we praise you. A: Lead us to the joys of heaven.

Hail Mary

L: Treasury of all God's graces, we praise you. A: Grant us a share in your heavenly gifts.

Hail Mary

L: Intercessor between God and humankind, we praise you. A: Through your prayer may the Almighty be favorable to us.

Hail Mary

L: Victor over heresies and all that is evil, we praise you. A: Guide us lovingly in the ways of truth.

Glory to the Father

[III. Crown of Goodness]

Our Father Hail Mary

L: Refuge of sinners, we praise you. A: Reconcile us with Almighty God.

Hail Mary

L: Mother of orphans, we praise you. A: Make us beloved children of our Father.

Hail Mary

L: Joy of those who serve the Lord, we praise you. A: Lead us with you to the happiness of heaven.

Hail Mary

L: Advocate ever near us in life and in death, we praise you. A: Lead us with you to the kingdom of God.

Glory to the Father

CONCLUDING PRAYER

ALL: Hail Mary, Daughter of God the Father, Mother of God the Son, Spouse of the Holy Spirit, Temple of the Blessed Trinity.

Hail Mary, our wealth, our joy, Queen of our hearts, our Mother and our life, our consolation, our dearest hope, our very heart and soul.

We entrust ourselves entirely to you, all that we possess is yours, Virgin blessed above all.

May your soul be in us to glorify God; may your spirit be in us to rejoice in God.

Virgin most faithful, set your seal upon our hearts, so that in you and through you we may be found faithful to God.

Grant, gracious Mother, that we may be numbered among those whom you love and instruct, whom you guide, cherish and protect as your children.

O Queen of heaven, we renounce from this moment anything in us that does not belong to you.

O daughter of the King of kings, whose principal glory is within, do not allow us to be distracted by things that are visible and transitory; grant rather that through God's abundant grace, we may always be intent on the Life within us, where we may find in GOD ALONE our delight, our wealth, our honor, our glory, our rest.

Thus, through your loving care, the Holy Spirit, your faithful Spouse, will perfectly form in our hearts your beloved Son, Jesus the Christ, for the greater glory of God our Father, forever and ever! Amen.

This is imo blasphemy. http://www.memorare.com/mary/totalcons.html

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.