Are church girls overrated?

Would you date someone from the same church

• Yes

Votes: 11 84.6%
  • No

Votes: 2 15.4%

• Total voters

Stabat Mater dolorosa

Jesus Christ today, yesterday and forever!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Somewhere up North
✟294,001.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Traditional. Cath.
Marital Status
Single
I would if I was on the lookout in general. No one should behave in such a way that a breakup would lead to one of them being forced out of the parish.

Date like christians and youll survive a breakup just fine :)

Upvote 0

SpiritSong

The LORD is my Shepherd
Site Supporter
Mar 8, 2018
Southeastern United States
✟148,199.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
I am a widow and I have dated a man from my church. Things did not work out for us, but no one seems to be gossiping or anything. Neither of us had to leave the church. (I consider myself to be single, so I hope that a widow can reply to this thread).

Upvote 0

dreadnought

Lip service isn't really service.
Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Would you date someone from the same church?
What if things go wrong, would you have to move church?
Most churches are generally full of gossip and how do you handle everyone knowing your affairs?
Most churches are full of gossip?

Reactions: KStyles
Upvote 0

Servant68

Sleepless 300 miles from Seattle
Jun 30, 2015
The Pacific Northwest
✟73,203.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I'm confused... The thread title is asking a different question from the thread and is unrelated to the poll.

For the question posed in the thread, it is a difficult question. I posed a similar question regarding a Bible study. If things went bad, then I didn't want either one of us to lose a valuable source of fellowship.

But I think a Bible study of ten people is much more intimate and personal than a reasonably-sized church.

Still, I work for a company with over 3k employees at my location and running into an ex is uncomfortable nearly every time. One ended badly, one ended amicably, and the latest was just awkward; I accepted her offer for a drink and had to tell her I wasn't interested and now her and her friends avoid me when I see them. Awkward.

If that sort of thing doesn't bother you, then go ahead.

As to the question in the thread title... Yes, church girls are overrated. As are church guys. We are all sinners and fall short of the glory of God. Some more than others it seems.

Reactions: KStyles
Upvote 0
May 31, 2013
Northeast
✟25,273.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Most churches are generally full of gossip and how do you handle everyone knowing your affairs?

> Would you date someone from the same church?

Sure, why not. At least I'd be reasonably certain she's a believer and would probably behave honorably. If things didn't work out, I'd stay at the same church. The word would get around I'm available again, including details about me I'd (hopefully) be proud of, and maybe someone else would pop out of the woodwork and be a better match for me.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟300,483.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single

You're supposed to ignore gossips even if everyone is talking behind your back. Don't let it affect you, otherwise, you'll be mad and frustrated all the time.

I had close friends in the past who talked bad things about me to other people, and I even know they're doing it....because another friend of theirs told me.

But I still kept them as close friends. I did not even confronted them about it. I wasn't even angry about it.

Upvote 0

frater_domus

Faith is all that matters.
Site Supporter
Feb 7, 2018
Berlin
✟186,302.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Godly women are the only way in my opinion. I know I limit my pool, but I am well aware of the consequences should I stray from that path. Be they from the sane church, the one down the road or from a different country altogether, that matters little.

• Winner
Reactions: Toro
Upvote 0

ThisIsMe123

This And That
Mar 13, 2017
✟187,263.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Thus the whole, why you see a lot of Christians dating outside of the church, and when this happens, it's usually with non-Church goers. lol

The whole religious criteria really goes further down the ladder when there's a concern such as the OP's.

I would date someone in my church, if in fact...there was someone actually AVIALABLE in my church. Mostly married people with families.

Funny story, there was only one woman at my church I recognized from Match.com. I contacted her through that site, I mentioned that we sit kind of near each other in church, and she did in fact recognize me.

I suggested lunch after service, but she said that our age diff. was too great. lol What an excuse eh...she was only like 4 or 5 years older, both of us were in our 40s at the time.

In a small town like this, where we were the only 2 available 40-somethings singles in the entire congregation...you'd think she'd be up for it, right?

I think she wound up with someone outside church

Upvote 0

Citanul

Well, when exactly do you mean?
May 31, 2006
Cape Town, South Africa
✟209,943.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
I'm confused... The thread title is asking a different question from the thread and is unrelated to the poll.

A clickbait thread title perhaps? Although I don't see the need as I think there would have been just as many responses if the thread title had had anything to with the question.

Upvote 0

Citanul

Well, when exactly do you mean?
May 31, 2006
Cape Town, South Africa
✟209,943.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
I would date someone in my church, if in fact...there was someone actually AVIALABLE in my church. Mostly married people with families.

That's pretty much my situation. Anyone at my church even remotely close to my age is married and probably has kids.

But if there was someone then I would be prepared to date them. Whether things might be awkward if we broke up wouldn't be a consideration as I don't think it's particularly healthy to start a relationship while also thinking about the possibility of it breaking up.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

redblue22

You Are Special.
Jan 13, 2012
✟73,841.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat

I would date someone from my church. Hopefully we would have a bit in common. I can't imagine moving to a different church because we stop dating. I would be giving up my friends and mentors if I left. I haven't seen gossip at my church.

This has me thinking. If I were ready to leave my church, then I probably don't have too many connections or friends. Why keep going to such a place regardless of dating? And if people were gossips I wouldn't want to know them anyway; why stay in a place full of open sinning gossip?

Upvote 0

SpiritSong

The LORD is my Shepherd
Site Supporter
Mar 8, 2018
Southeastern United States
✟148,199.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
a big problem is that christian women do not want christian males, so its hard for christian males to find a wife.
No, I do want a Christian man! Please don't give up.

Reactions: Applekrate
Upvote 0